Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Nov 1999, 10:00 (Ref:13927)   #1
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I want to know is what is your dream event to be trackside at, the first bit of motorsport you'd be booking tickets for after the lottery win. Don't be shy now step up and tell us which event you most want to go to and why.

I'll start of by giving my nomination to the Canadian GP at Montreal....

because it looks a beautiful location, the weather is always good, it's a long way from the UK and the track usually produces some spectacular incidents (Wurz's roll in 98, and the Irvine charge after colliding with Coulthard in 99).

If there was a bit of space cash left over I wouldn't mind seeing a CART race on oval circuit, Motegi perhaps.

[This message has been edited by Andy H (edited 11 November 1999).]
Old 18 Nov 1999, 19:06 (Ref:13928)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd split mine evenly between seeing EVERYTHING that was happening regarding the 24 Hours of Le Mans, from pre-qualifying to the last dog being hanged ... and a week at Spa to see everything from setups to teardowns, and sit atop Les Combes to watch the race - having rented the entire hillside for the race week - with a select group of friends, a large Fortnum & Mason Hamper, and Gil de Ferran. Spa is the quintessential GP race and will soon be gone, a victim of the Tobacco Nanny, and Le Mans is just too long for a person with regular employment to see it all. So the lottery would be the only way I'd ever get to see the whole thing.
Old 19 Nov 1999, 01:25 (Ref:13929)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live in Canada, I will be going to Montreal, believe me once you get out of the tourist districts you will be so unhappy that you will take the first bus to Toronto or Ottawa just to get out of the place.

I would love to go to Melbourne Australia. The weather has always been good, it's a beautiful track, and I hear that there are a lot of good places to view the cars from. Plus, it's in Australia!
Old 19 Nov 1999, 23:21 (Ref:13930)   #4
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Topic....
BATHURST!!!!!! no doubt...oh and Laguna Seca for the Champ Cars....oh and the Daytona 500 and Indy if the IRL/CART feud was over and probably an F1 GP at Spa...in that order.
Dream on!
Old 20 Nov 1999, 03:32 (Ref:13931)   #5
JUDGE
Rookie

JUDGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I`m with the Vaderman but would include somewhere the Paris-Dakar rally in 2000 as its doing an extra leg to Cairo to mark the millenium
Old 21 Nov 1999, 00:22 (Ref:13932)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Vader got it right, Bathurst Bathurst and more Bathurst thanks...
But i think i would love to go to indy, because it's indy (please don't tell thats dumb). I mean for the last few years I've gone to the super touring Bathurst because it has been in my holidays, and it is still fantastic. I think Bathurst is the only track that could make regularity trials interesting (sorry, i didn't intend to offend regularity trial drivers), but i think it would be much the same deal at Indy. Who cares if Indy is raced for by some relative no-names, I bet they are still mighty quick.
Old 20 Jan 2000, 16:21 (Ref:13933)   #7
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought I'd ressurect this thread it must be worth a few more replies come on....
Old 20 Jan 2000, 19:01 (Ref:13934)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, the Paris-Dakar 2000 turned into a bit of a weenie roast, didn't it? What a way to celebrate the eve of the Millenium - by proving that we haven't come that far in some places since the LAST one.
Old 10 Aug 2000, 12:29 (Ref:29552)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd go to Spa again and watch the race from the grandstand at the top of Eau Rouge.

(On my world trip seeing every GP...)
Old 10 Aug 2000, 16:43 (Ref:29608)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vader, I'd never have guessed you wanted to go to Bathurst; I mean, you've not mentioned it since I arrived here!! We'll all go there one day. Just imagine Ten-Tenths clearing the hill!!

And as long as all the leading teams appear, I think the ALMS finale in Adelaide would have to be pretty special...

In terms of Indy, yes, I'd love to go. Also in America, Laguna Seca and Road America would be nice. On the GP front, I reckon the race at Indy would be great, but obviously Spa and possibly Suzuka. Not bad, eh?
Old 10 Aug 2000, 17:34 (Ref:29614)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kenya rally please with a three week safari to get over it.
Old 11 Aug 2000, 01:17 (Ref:29698)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Just imagine
Ten-Tenths clearing the hill!!"
-Bring back the Super Tourers, it would be a piece of cake!

Well Bathurst is great, but i've already been (heheheh) so i'd have to say the Indy 500. Sparing that, Monaco.
Old 12 Aug 2000, 20:52 (Ref:30016)   #13
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
"Just imagine Ten-Tenths clearing the hill!!"
-Bring back the Super Tourers, it would be a piece of cake!
You mean they actually had the Mountain open that week?
Old 12 Aug 2000, 21:01 (Ref:30020)   #14
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to see the Tyrrell P34 again at dingle dell on this time I want the trees chopped down a grandstand put up and I want it to be driven as if it was the last race of the season and if the driver wins he wins the world championship.

Other than that indy cars at Laguna at the corkscrew. Or go to Le Mans with an unlimited supply of beer and good weather and all my friends.

Or sat in the best seat in the world round Monaco, a two seater F1 car

Old 13 Aug 2000, 09:38 (Ref:30118)   #15
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by Mackmot
...Other than that indy cars at Laguna at the corkscrew. Or go to Le Mans with an unlimited supply of beer and good weather and all my friends...
Unlimited beer at Le Mans. You'd fit right in there then, right Liz? I'm just upset that I forgot to take a few photos of all the beer bottle pyramids this year!! Maybe next time...
Old 13 Aug 2000, 11:36 (Ref:30142)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
You mean they actually had the Mountain open that week?

-No, but the drunks got restless and picked the lock to the gate, as well as knock over the girl guide security guard...

Actually camping up there on super touring weekend would be tops...you could set bushfires, hunt kangaroos, dig up some charred corpses from previous Bathurst's...
Old 13 Aug 2000, 20:46 (Ref:30218)   #17
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasies . . . .now thats a toughy.

Hummmm OK so i've been very lucky and met all my favouriate F1/BTCC drivers and had my pictures with them.

Think my only wish would be to visit a F1 race abroad. Hopefully that will be next year . .so fingers crossed !
Old 14 Aug 2000, 01:02 (Ref:30287)   #18
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woody, we all know your fantasy involves you, Alex Wurz and an empty pit garage...

Old 16 Aug 2000, 00:28 (Ref:30830)   #19
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit late, but here goes;-
Bathurst - been there done that
Aust GP - ben there done that too
Spa for the GP and the 24hr touring car race.
Brit GP and meet all the lovely 10/10ers who go there.
Every round of the BTCC!!!
Old 16 Aug 2000, 20:49 (Ref:30957)   #20
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
DON'T GO THERE, MAN!!

Mr Paterson: trust me on this one! I've been there, done that with the Pommy members - it ain't that special!! In fact, it's bloody hard work having to put up with them all on any given race day...
Old 17 Aug 2000, 02:14 (Ref:31025)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Danielsun, you are so right about the beer bottle brigade - I think the Germans must have brought in lorries to carry the beer and rockets, and still have room for their tents! I didn't take any photos either - next time for sure. Are you going to Le Mans with us again? We're going to spend the day in Dover shopping so Sarah can have a rest before we leave and we can get there with some actual groceries.