Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jun 2004, 12:33 (Ref:999603)   #1
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any more young guns for 2005?

Great to see Alex Davison getting a gig in V8SC next year, but with so many other youngsters knocking on the door - are any of them going to get a chance next year? There has been rumblings about who will actually be making way for him - but if you believe what's in MN this week - could it be Tratty. If that's so, does Tony Longhurst (47 by the end of the year) continue to keep a seat from a youngster next year?

Also in MN is a suggestion that Alain Menu might stay with FPR next year. Not quite a geriatric at 41 at the start of next season, but coming from outside, may take a seat a local younger driver could use. If the rest of the article is right, and he displaces Lowndesy towards 888 it might unseat someone of similar vintage to Menu (the Rat is 42 by the end of the year and out of contract). If that did happen, would the Rat get picked up elsewhere - relegating another youngster?

He's still performing, so I'm not brave enough to suggest JB should think about retiring - or Brad Jones for that matter (50 and 44 respectively be seasons end) - but????????
Old 10 Jun 2004, 14:02 (Ref:999700)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BJR will be in a real quandry if Andrew Jones wins the Konica title... he can hardly play in nursery school for a season after winning the title...

Luke Youlden to move into the 2nd SER Falcon...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Jun 2004, 23:34 (Ref:1000292)   #3
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What franchise will they use for that car GTR?
Old 11 Jun 2004, 05:53 (Ref:1000412)   #4
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the leading question. But it can only be one of two.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 06:59 (Ref:1000436)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...depending on available fundage of course....
Old 11 Jun 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1000526)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which one? Luke is likely to be an SER pilot with the newly acquired PWR franchise tucked under Mr Ellery's wing... not sure of the signwriting.. for all intents and purposes it is believed SuperCheap has the contractual capacity not to renew for 2005 on the basis of performance...

.. whether they do so is Mr Thorn's call obviously!

Should we expect to see Mr Jones Jr in Carrera Cup in 2005?
Old 11 Jun 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1000553)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to Carrera Cup would be a backward step in my opinion.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1000556)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
But if you become the Konica champion, where else is there for you to go???
Old 12 Jun 2004, 08:52 (Ref:1001506)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps he could be leased out to another Ford team, as Winterbottom was. Kind of unlikely considering the surname, but an option nonetheless