Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who deserves to replace Marcos?
Jason Bargwanna 7 5.98%
David Besnard 3 2.56%
Jason Bright 3 2.56%
Craig Lowndes 34 29.06%
Warren Luff 13 11.11%
Cameron McLean 2 1.71%
Greg Ritter 6 5.13%
David Thexton 12 10.26%
Mark Winterbottom 21 17.95%
Luke Youlden 2 1.71%
Other Drivers (Please tell us who) 14 11.97%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Mar 2005, 02:50 (Ref:1245187)   #26
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Mastercard with a high limit - Therefore, I think I deserve the drive in the other SBR Car!

Ok, I've got ym hand off of it now... I think that SBR need to groom someone under Russell, and Frosty, Luke Youlden or Luffy are the men to chose from.

From the red side, as far as poaching goes, a McConville wouldnt't be a bad swipe, and Steven Richards has never really stuck with one brand for more than 3 years - might be time to do blue again? Heck, I think we'd all love to see Will Davison in the Pirtek car, whether you are a Holden or Ford fan, this guy DOES deserve to have a good drive.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 03:03 (Ref:1245190)   #27
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be an International Guy who is coming back to Australia. You see, there are a couple of Aussies overseas at the moment (just like Ambrose in 1999,2000) who are running out of funding and or missed opportunities.

I think if James Courtney has a good run in the HRT car at both Sandown and Bathurst, he will be the first in line to take Ambrose's seat.

I think Ford Australia will offer him some very handsome money to come back to Australia from Japan and race a top car. And they will have some money to play with once they give Lowndes the flick and he ends up with PWR.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1245223)   #28
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Dean Canto should get the drive.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1245306)   #29
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRXR-6
I reckon Dean Canto should get the drive.
That would be VERY nice, but I can't see it.
I would have thought Lowndes would be top of the list if available.
If not, I thought Frosty was on loan to Larko from SBR. I would have thought he or Luff if Lowndes stays at 888. (Maybe Dean would be interested in being shafted by Roland again and take CLs seat if he goes to SBR - hehe)
Or maybe Dean at LMS to replace Frosty.
He deserves a drive somewhere in the main series next year!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1245320)   #30
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Wilson would be my pick for the gig.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1245322)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GTR thexton is going so well because the holden supporters are picking thexton because they want to be able to win again.

Last edited by peckstar; 7 Mar 2005 at 09:02.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1245365)   #32
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be a current Holden driver like Rick Kelly or perhaps a young up and coming FF driver or as has been suggested, someone from overseas as the money runs out. Could also be a poisoned chalice- going there and not doing well could be a bad career move.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 7 Mar 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1245400)   #33
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz
One has to wonder if Lowndes had known of Marcos leaving the series in 2006, might he have held off at FPR for one more year and tried to get into SBR?

Not saying that 888 are not capable of winning, but surely most drivers would like a steer of Ambrose's Falcon.
exactly what i was thinking !!!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1245418)   #34
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Thecko the *donkey* vote??

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1245422)   #35
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Pirtek car MUST continue to win championships (rusty is too patchy at qualifying to win the series i think) does everyone agree and accept this? I do, and therefore Luff, Winterbottom etc. are very good v8 drivers but they aren't good enough.

A P. Brock or D. Johnson type needs to be in Ford's most important entry, anything less is a recipe for disaster (and for ford to NOT win the championship which would be a major stuff up indeed, Ford's image is still fragile and HRT could start re-enforcing the old winners=holden image all over again in not long at all... which is terrible and an apalling concept IMHO. hehe

Therefore that's Lowndes or Skaife, with the latter perhaps unlikely hehe. Lowndes should be top choice, ford are bankrolling T8 and surely would be able to force their hand such that lowndes could go to SBR and luff/winterbottom to T8 for example? Presumably CL still has the gift, and it's a lotta pressure for a championship win to be expected.

IMHO I think Bright, Murphy or especially S. Richards could be a good job as well... although they aren't quite known with the top "Skaife/Ambrose/Lowndes" driver group. IMHO I think maybe Bargwanna, Tander and S. Wills would have as good results as these guys if they had consistent equipment?

Otherwise Courtney would be another difficult one, but maybe Will Power might be good enough maybe... if w. davison is very good and power was generally a little bit quicker?
Old 7 Mar 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1245483)   #36
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Rumour has it that Todd Kelly has been giving his marching orders from HRT following his stupid mistake at the Australian Grand Prix.

Any chance that the toddler could end up at SBR ?
Old 7 Mar 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1245492)   #37
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Rumour has it that Todd Kelly has been giving his marching orders from HRT following his stupid mistake at the Australian Grand Prix.

Any chance that the toddler could end up at SBR ?
Todd getting the sack for spinning his car of the track?
If that's the case HRT should hang Skaife for all the spinning out he did last year.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1245502)   #38
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matthew White, good driver and under rated! He has battled hard for a long time and deserves a go!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1245526)   #39
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He may deserve a go & alot of drivers do but does he deserve a go in arguably the best drive in the land.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1245560)   #40
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi # 46
I would love to see Paul Radisich get this seat, however I think it his highly unlikely.

I think it would be great to see what he can do in a championship winning car, and I think he would deserve a good ride.
Then hold on to ya HAT Rossi #1.! because Paul and TKR will be a force to be reckoned with this year and I am sure that he is now IN for a well deserved "good Ride". Looking GOOOOOOD.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1246021)   #41
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
The Pirtek car MUST continue to win championships (rusty is too patchy at qualifying to win the series i think) does everyone agree and accept this? I do, and therefore Luff, Winterbottom etc. are very good v8 drivers but they aren't good enough.

A P. Brock or D. Johnson type needs to be in Ford's most important entry, anything less is a recipe for disaster (and for ford to NOT win the championship which would be a major stuff up indeed, Ford's image is still fragile and HRT could start re-enforcing the old winners=holden image all over again in not long at all... which is terrible and an apalling concept IMHO. hehe

Therefore that's Lowndes or Skaife, with the latter perhaps unlikely hehe. Lowndes should be top choice, ford are bankrolling T8 and surely would be able to force their hand such that lowndes could go to SBR and luff/winterbottom to T8 for example? Presumably CL still has the gift, and it's a lotta pressure for a championship win to be expected.

IMHO I think Bright, Murphy or especially S. Richards could be a good job as well... although they aren't quite known with the top "Skaife/Ambrose/Lowndes" driver group. IMHO I think maybe Bargwanna, Tander and S. Wills would have as good results as these guys if they had consistent equipment?

Otherwise Courtney would be another difficult one, but maybe Will Power might be good enough maybe... if w. davison is very good and power was generally a little bit quicker?
Power could be on his way to F1 by next year if he continues to impress as he is doing in Renault World Series at the moment in pre season testing.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1246108)   #42
amaroo
Rookie

amaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its interesting that 2 of the top 3 votes are for drivers that have considerable talent but are yet to prove they can cut the mustard in the BIG game.

I think Luff and Frosty are great talents, but they are still green. IMHO opinion throw the keys to Bargs and watch him do the business. He has the speed, personality and over the last 3 years his driving has matured to a point where he could be a very real threat in a high quality car, he is a racer and knows how to race in a pack as well as set a qualifying time.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1246471)   #43
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Junior Johnson, it would be interesting to see if he could do it in what is the best Ford out there.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1246476)   #44
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Junior is an unknown really. He has won races (Canberra one year), but i dont think he is championship material.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1246483)   #45
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True, but it does seem that anyone would have probs taking a Shell/Westpoint car to the front and unfortunatly it's been that way too long.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1246527)   #46
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are only 3 really super V8 drivers

Skaife, Ambrose and Lowndes, ones red, ones leaving

which leaves the best of the three>>>>>>> L O W N D E S ! ! ! its a no brainer

I very sincerely hope you are reading this Mr.Thomas J. Gorman

HRT have a 10km straight line speed advantage at Adelaide(says Skaife)

NO ONE on the blue side is capable of wringing that Pirtek Falcon for A L L its worth.

Remember Mr Gorman > Lowndes last start position to first at the Clipsal a few years ago when with HRT.

The guys a genius...you have the power Tom- go and tell Roland the bad news so he has time to get another driver for 2006. Roland WILL be upset but you have to do it Tom> be strong Tom.

he's da man!!!!!!!!!!!!go Craig................ 4 is better than 888 in 2006
Old 8 Mar 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1247178)   #47
Driver
Racer

Australia
Bundaberg, Queensland
Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I picked Frosty as this is what he is being groomed for. The only person that Ingall cannot beat on the track is Ambrose so now he is leaving that leaves Ingall as no. 1 at SBR and who better to keep teaching Frosty.

The only trouble I can foresee is Pirtek. Are they willing to become the no. 2 team at SBR?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1247203)   #48
Cobra105
Rookie

Australia
Cobra105 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please do not doubt Frosty's ability ensure that the Pirtek team remains #1.

If you are using his current Orrcon mount as a guide, his car #20 is significantly different (inferior) to Barg's #10, it might go OK in a straight line (thanks to SBR) but forget about braking and cornering.

I hope Frosty gets a chance to show his abilities this year, and that LMS also wakes up to the fact that they have a very talented driver and perhaps it would be worth their while to invest a few more $'s into his 2nd rate BA full of AU hand me downs.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1247231)   #49
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as i would love to see Bargs win a championship, i hope it will be in #10, but he would do a great job for SBR. When Ambrose joined SBR he was a returnee from overseas open wheelers and had the talent to achieve immediately. If an opportunity is there for SBR to grab a Will Power, Courtney etc they should go that route. Power did a pretty good job a few years back for Larko at the 500 and BAthurst and i believe was offered the 2nd car when they expanded but chose the international effort which seems to be paying off for him. Other options should be Luff and Canto.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 01:06 (Ref:1247275)   #50
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is just a ford fan's idea (not mine!!!), but Ingall to Pirtek, and James Moffat to take the Caltex car - Historical Signifigance - Moffat and #9?

I'm sure theres a marketing opportunity or several there!

Last edited by Senna05; 9 Mar 2005 at 01:06.