Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2002, 12:38 (Ref:311508)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Holding on to Newey - elaborate "gardening leave"?

With the news that Adrian Newey is to restructure the Mclaren technical department to give himself more of a back seat, can we look back at Ron's move to hold on to him last year as simply a way of making sure that his services weren't used to any other team's advantage? For sure, Newey seems very keen to move away from purely F1.

I hope this doesn't take anything away from Mclaren's current resurgence - they belong at the front of the grid with Wiliams and Ferrari.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 13:14 (Ref:311552)   #2
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has produced a lemmon this year so what is the difference? They are getting the guy who created the Arrows and I think that is a good move. Newey is history.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 14:05 (Ref:311607)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, I'd like to see him get back into Sportscars. But then again, I'd like to see a lot of F1 personnel take their hands at sportscars. (Especially JV, but that's another story)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Jun 2002, 14:29 (Ref:311626)   #4
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was talking about penning boats for around the world sailing contests or something to that effect, presumably quitting F1. I guess it's an attempt to avoid falling into the same slide that Barnard went into by quitting when you're near the top.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 15:30 (Ref:311694)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think that Newey have penned a lemon at all. The car is down on power and is struggling ot overcome that.

It won at Monaco where it's horse power disadvantage is negated to some extent.

This appears to be the view of David Coulthard who says it's the best handling McLaren since 1998.