Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:05 (Ref:499410)   #1
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC @ Mondello - Marshals Wanted

As you are probably aware from previous threads, the BTCC starts their championship off in Mondello this Easter.

Marshals are required for this event and as Chief Marshal I'd like to cordially invite all 10-10ths members to come along and join us for the event.

This may be the last time the BTCC visits Mondello (they're on the third year of an initial 3 year deal) so if you were thinking of coming over to visit Evil Pumpkin, Wicked Witch, Shinners and co. then this may be just the time to do it. In addition to the BTCC races and the TOCA support classes that are travelling you will get to see the best of Irish club racing as well - RT2000s (or Supercars as they now call themselves), Puntos and Formula Irelands are all on the bill.

I'm told there are limited offers of floor/bed space on a first come first served basis. (Accommodation may be limited, but I'm assured Evil Pumpkins breakfasts aren't!).

You can get more information and volunteer online at www.mrmci.com/btcc or you can email btcc@mrmci.com

We'd love to work with YOU this Easter - please give it some consideration and get in touch with us.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:08 (Ref:499415)   #2
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Have already been 'volunteered'. Am really looking forward to being there, despite threats of voodoo and other harm from EP!
Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:35 (Ref:499465)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I never threatened voodoo!

On a serious note, the offer of accomm is genuine and my breakfasts are moderately legendary. All I ask is that you bring your own sleeping bag once we've filled the bedrooms up!

This does promise to be a good weekend and I'd love the chance to make you guys as welcome at my home circuit as you've made me at yours.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:09 (Ref:499974)   #4
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And..... you will all get to meet Alien Marshal too !
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:42 (Ref:500049)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Wish I was able to come over!!!!!!

May you have a successful weekend of enditing the Englis to the Irish way of doing things (and I suggest the English learn to have the week off on their return!!!!!!!!).

:-))
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:42 (Ref:500050)   #6
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that mean that Harry Hill (see other post) is welcome aswell?

He's never been abroad yet!!!
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:47 (Ref:500056)   #7
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry, Alien Marshal is the other thread
Old 8 Feb 2003, 09:36 (Ref:500393)   #8
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already looking forward to coming over. I believe btccnews has contacted you to let us know of our intention. see you then!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 20:04 (Ref:500812)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Anyone else? I need to know if I should put in a bulk order for Superquinn sausages!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 20:10 (Ref:500817)   #10
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oooh Superquinn Sassie.... Im staying at yours too !!!!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 22:45 (Ref:500948)   #11
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When my server sorts out the mess it is in I will put a message on a web site that a should not mention to promote the 'call to Orange'. And I will make a special push for Mondello

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 9 Feb 2003, 01:34 (Ref:501123)   #12
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Anyone else? I need to know if I should put in a bulk order for Superquinn sausages!
Yes please, modest requirements, 6'2" space plus a kick in the morning to get up in time for breakfast & sign on.

Willing to do a hire car share as well.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 09:02 (Ref:502104)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Shin, you live 10 mins drive from the circuit and you have a Superquinn down the road from you - we were all going to stay with YOU!
Old 10 Feb 2003, 13:23 (Ref:502315)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Teri,

Your wish has been granted!
Old 10 Feb 2003, 17:11 (Ref:502479)   #15
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Have already got the accommodation sorted, can anyone recommend a particular ferry service?
Old 10 Feb 2003, 17:30 (Ref:502494)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Depends on where you are & how you're travelling!

The Holyhead to Dublin Port is the one I use, but there's a comparison discussion going on in Trackside about the Pembroke ferry.

If you're coming as a foot passenger, there's a train station at Holyhead which I believe is served by most major rail services. I don't know where you're staying in Dublin so I can't advise you from there!

The IF seacat is quick and comfy and they're generally less expensive than Stena.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 23:00 (Ref:502831)   #17
Shinners
Racer

Yes anyone wishing to travel just contact HonestPumkins Travel Service for details (she makes real good TOMATO soup aswell
Old 11 Feb 2003, 23:32 (Ref:503874)   #18
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Guisbro Rod H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be warned
John the Travel Manager is making plans from Croft.
Not to be confused with John.
Not yet confirmed.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 08:55 (Ref:504120)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Bring Graham. And Marshal Monkey.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 19:48 (Ref:504770)   #20
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Guisbro Rod H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Bring Graham. And Marshal Monkey.
As commanded, invited "Grahambangers". Awaiting reply. Who's Marshal Monkey?

2CVRacer, if I get Grahambangers (see members list for PM) he is one of the few proper I/Os (UK style) in North East of England. However don't tell him I said that because he can talk more than me!
Old 13 Feb 2003, 09:22 (Ref:505237)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Graham knows who Marshal Monkey is. I have one of his relative monkeys that's dying to see him.

Old 13 Feb 2003, 18:33 (Ref:505637)   #22
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Guisbro Rod H
....... he is one of the few proper I/Os (UK style) in North East of England.
At last .... someone to keep you Croft chaps on best behaviour when you visit!!!
Old 14 Feb 2003, 08:57 (Ref:506214)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - or set the circuit on fire. He's not bringing the BBQ is he?
Old 14 Feb 2003, 10:13 (Ref:506258)   #24
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hi folks, on a slightly more official note, Mondello Park have made arrangements for preferential ferry rates for Marshals.

You can get further details here http://www.mrmci.com/btcc/ferry.pdf

Please do not try to book the ferry before registering to marshal with us as we will have to provide confirmation of your details.

If you have not already registered, you can email btcc@mrmci.com or register online at http://www.mrmci.com/btcc/signon.asp

Cheers

EP
Old 15 Feb 2003, 22:34 (Ref:508010)   #25
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Shinners
And..... you will all get to meet Alien Marshal too !
i have to say , i felt very honoured to have met Alein Marshall last year at Brands !...

Thanks EP !