Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Jan 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3352440)   #16
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MSA are not in the dock, although I guess they may be called as a witnesses. The Operators don't exist anymore but the Promoters (Lydden Hill) do and they are named in the action along with Amy Doran specifically.

Doubt that the MSA insurers will be involved. I am no expert but surely it will be the Public Liability Insurers for Lydden Hill and Amy Doran herself who will have to pay out IF it's found that there is a compensation case to anwser
Old 10 Jan 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3352445)   #17
JimW
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The public liability insurance for an MSA permitted event (which I am assuming this was) is provided by the MSA through the permit fees which clubs pay. It's one of the key things which the MSA does.

Regards

Jim
Old 10 Jan 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3352463)   #18
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've have read the entire thread Jim, bit presumptious and rude for you to suggest otherwise, my point is that when it gets to court they'll definitely look at those "present at your own risk" statements as a reason not to pay up
Old 10 Jan 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3352475)   #19
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THIS IS NOT A CLAIM FOR INJURY (although that may happen) This is a prosecution brought under the Health & Safety at Work act.

If there is a claim now I suspect it will follow the lines of "because they failed to adhere to the HSAWA 1974 my client was injured" What is said on a bit of paper or stated anywhere else on the circuit will not apply as they haven't adhered to the the law of the land.

Otherwise I could just leave a live wire exposed at work, but just make sure there are plenty signs saying you are here at your own risk.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3352477)   #20
JimW
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagwaver View Post
THIS IS NOT A CLAIM FOR INJURY (although that may happen) This is a prosecution brought under the Health & Safety at Work act.

If there is a claim now I suspect it will follow the lines of "because they failed to adhere to the HSAWA 1974 my client was injured" What is said on a bit of paper or stated anywhere else on the circuit will not apply as they haven't adhered to the the law of the land.

Otherwise I could just leave a live wire exposed at work, but just make sure there are plenty signs saying you are here at your own risk.
That's exactly the point (fact?) I was trying to make.

Jim
Old 11 Jan 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3352776)   #21
medius
Subscriber
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone read the article?

''Mallory Park (Motorsport) Ltd pleaded guilty to failing to conduct its undertaking in such a way as to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that spectators were not exposed to a risk to their safety arising from the event, in contravention of Section 3 of the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974.

Sentence on the company, which has been in administration since the beginning of October 2013, has been adjourned until after the conclusion of further court hearings relating to the incident.''

I take that as, the old operators were in the dock and held their hands up. Nothing to do with the new operators, nothing to do with the current venue. I don't think Rallycross has been mentioned in the new business plan, so its reasonable to assume RX won't be coming back to Mallory for changes to need to be made.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3353141)   #22
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I think this may put the Rallycross scene off Mallory which is a huge shame as it has been the best event I've gone to since it started and it bought in good crowds. I think I was stood close to a Marshall when someone said over his radio that there had been an injury, then they put up some tape around the area which has been there at every RX meeting since I think. I film at the exit of Edwina's and I'm still pretty close to the track. There's been a few close encounter's with the late Ryan Lawford's rolling up on the fence, as well as one of the Tigra's flicking up a massive piece of earth that landed just beside my feet. I just hope the new owners don't go catch fence crazy.