Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 2018, 10:15 (Ref:3824370)   #1201
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Fuel prices here used to vary depending on how far the area was from the source (refinery, I presume), but no idea if that is still the case. Seems the term ‘captive audience’ is a factor, especially at motorway service areas!

Belgium on Monday was circa €1.50 per litre on E roads, France up to or over €1.60 recently on Autoroutes, Italy more. Even Spain was knocking on €1.20!

My local JS in town is now £1.29, which is 10 pence more than during the winter. Not a problem when cycling or in a BEV, but unfortunately I’m using the van quite a lot at the moment....
Diesel has almost reached 1.50 euros at the local supermarkets now & seems to increase every few days.
Old 24 May 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3824371)   #1202
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess that part of me is very pleased to see the prices rising. It means the industry is getting back to reality. I suggest everyone goes out and buys a V8 to boost my pension.
Old 24 May 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3824374)   #1203
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I confess that part of me is very pleased to see the prices rising. It means the industry is getting back to reality. I suggest everyone goes out and buys a V8 to boost my pension.

You'll just have to race your Rover more often, Peter!
Old 24 May 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3824375)   #1204
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
While I guess the increases here are directly related to the increase in oil price, from what has been said on this forum, France is a different kettle of fish. Long time since it’s been cheaper to fill up here than other side of the channel....

Only BEV I’ve witnessed towing a race shuttle so far is a Model X, and that was after my Tesla owning friend asked them to fit one to a demonstrator so he could assess its capabilities. It was fine, BTW. Not sure my i3 is rated for towing, however!
Old 24 May 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3824378)   #1205
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike, I'm sure that it will be just fine to tow a wheeled generator that would be required to get you around Europe. And then just get Iain to transport your racing chariots about.
Old 24 May 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3824380)   #1206
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not doing too badly then. A lot of my peers use Sprinters which seem a lot more economical and are certainly much faster!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 24 May 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3824389)   #1207
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm not doing too badly then. A lot of my peers use Sprinters which seem a lot more economical and are certainly much faster!
Yes, you’re doing OK! Even the latest heavies struggle to get much more than I do, but if you look at any improvement as a percentage, than it’s quite a lot. What’s hindered said improvements is having to meet E6 emissions standards, which as we know, can result in worse economy.... My E6 Vito, laden and towing a shuttle with car can do 30mpg if driven at only a modest percentage over the towing speed limit. Luckily having got used to driving round Europe at 90kph max, 105kph feels quite fast!

Mike, a Tesla ‘Semi’ is on my wish list! Only problem would be that the only charging infrastructure suitable will be in the USA for a long while! Hang on, another reason to race over there.......
Old 24 May 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3824420)   #1208
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Stop Press! Diesel at the local JS up another 2 pence today.......
Old 24 May 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3824439)   #1209
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Diesel is € 1,250 in Spain today
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 May 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3824464)   #1210
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok the Delta team is now set up at Zolder and Charade . Not without issues today . Little 7.5 truck would not start on ferry at Caen . He had to be towed off but with no air in the brakes it was difficult . Somehow he did a snatch and she started . Couple of hours later I get a call from mechanic driving van and trailer calls me and he has managed to run out of diesel . This story will take to long to tell but I managed to get someone out to him and sort . Been for a walk around the track but pointless as there is no way I’m going to be able to remember all the corners .,O yes and I got a call from one of my drivers and he said he was not coming . If anyone says it must be great having a race car team please kick them in the nuts . ��
Old 24 May 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3824468)   #1211
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've got one and you'll be pleased to know it does just under 11 miles to the gallon.
Old 24 May 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3824472)   #1212
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I've got one and you'll be pleased to know it does just under 11 miles to the gallon.
That would cost you a bob or two to pop down and see us in Mojacar , about 122 gallons !! about £600 one way !!

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 24 May 2018 at 22:46.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 May 2018, 05:31 (Ref:3824502)   #1213
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sitting outside Brands lower paddock waiting to get in. 0600, the instructions say. No, 0700 the man on gate says...... Can’t imagine the cafe will be open!
Old 25 May 2018, 05:36 (Ref:3824504)   #1214
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Been for a walk around the track but pointless as there is no way I’m going to be able to remember all the corners/ If anyone says it must be great having a race car team please kick them in the nuts .
Dont worry, if you're talking about Charade it will be easy, no really tricky corner. In the right place of the forum, you have a link with an on board camera. In the slow places there are several ways to go, specially the hairpin up the hill and the square just before the tribunes straight said Le Rosier. With its 60 years anniversary this year its a young track!
Old 25 May 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3824547)   #1215
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
That would cost you a bob or two to pop down and see us in Mojacar , about 122 gallons !! about £600 one way !!
I'll get a plane, Dave does pick up from the airport don't you know, trouble is he only gets you a mile outside the airport.
Old 26 May 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3824721)   #1216
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Not sure if this photo is too gruesome, or will fail the auto sensors- Our Delta sporting a rather black eye at Charade. (Not my fault pic on side ) Suggestions on how he got it, please....
Attached Thumbnails
B2D963C6-0640-4797-A95C-AFA86B188EFF.jpeg  
Old 26 May 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3824735)   #1217
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not sure if this photo is too gruesome, or will fail the auto sensors- Our Delta sporting a rather black eye at Charade. (Not my fault pic on side ) Suggestions on how he got it, please....
Poked himself in the eye while trying to take a selfy ??

I'm a bit late to the fuel price debate .... I've no idea how much any fuel prices are here in Luxembourg, but l do know its cheaper than my 3 neighbouring counties, sorry countries !
Also, no point in looking for the cheapest garage, as the price at all outlets is the same .... not all things are bad when living in a communist state !!!

Just checked online & diesel is 1.131 & 95ul is 1.282. Worth remembering if you are going on holiday.

Martin
Old 26 May 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3824827)   #1218
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
handlebar!
(have to declare inside knowledge...)
Old 26 May 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3824834)   #1219
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meanwhile, a little further south in Monaco, Max Verstappen has a moment with delta's bit of armco, albeit he also attacked some a little earlier too.

Clearly a trend setter now so I wonder what we we will see next from his followers?
Old 26 May 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3824838)   #1220
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
handlebar!
(have to declare inside knowledge...)

No, not a handlebar. More like an 'Alf Garnet'.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3824871)   #1221
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mon ami Robert there is at least a very nice picture taken yesterday at Charade from the english HF1 grid entering the first left corner. Many people report how much they have been amazed by the shows given. Only few kilometers of the previous track are used nowadays, but the picture looks familiar to many.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3824877)   #1222
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mon ami Robert there is at least a very nice picture taken yesterday at Charade from the english HF1 grid entering the first left corner. Many people report how much they have been amazed by the shows given. Only few kilometers of the previous track are used nowadays, but the picture looks familiar to many.
Cher Gerard! What is an HF1 grid? Where might one view the photograph?

Regardez,

Le Bauble.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3824879)   #1223
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Isnt Historic Formula One correct? Sorry. I'll try to catch an easy link for you remaining very careful because I dont know whether they are free viewing or not. There are not so many Le Bauble sharing freely, you know…
Old 27 May 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3824882)   #1224
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You could try this: www.ffsa.org; then click on the golden cartouche called 26 mai VHC or Historic Tour de Charade. If doesn't work, let me know. I guess you're not very much interested in a translation of the comments though… VHC means Véhicules Historiques de Compétition. FFSA is equivalent to your MSA I guess.
Mike, if this is the wrong place, apologies.
Old 27 May 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3824908)   #1225
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You could try this: www.ffsa.org; then click on the golden cartouche called 26 mai VHC or Historic Tour de Charade. If doesn't work, let me know. I guess you're not very much interested in a translation of the comments though… VHC means Véhicules Historiques de Compétition. FFSA is equivalent to your MSA I guess.
Mike, if this is the wrong place, apologies.
Gerard, Mon Ami, pas de joie. Unless the picture includes Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari (1948/1958) BRM 1951/1958) they are not historic, merely less modern.

La B