Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2850277)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Ten-Tenths Predictions Contest

Hello F1 Fans!

Good news! We have been listening to your comments, and have radically revised our predictions contest.

The Fantasy competition is remaining as it is, with Jab running it. However, Ralf's Fan, the Admins and I have put together something rather special.

Take a look at http://www.Ten-Tenths.com/predictions/

As you'll see it's an automated system. We are testing it out this season as we think it has the following advantages you'll like:

1. You can change your predictions at any time, and change them as much as you like, and be 100% sure your entry is in as you intend it.
2. The server automatically administrates the entry cutoff. You will now make your entry anytime right up until the lights go out at the start of the Qualifying session for the race.
3. The server calculates all the points, so you'll get your points quicker, and there'll be fewer, hopefully even no mistakes.
4. Because a lot ofthe hard work is taken out, we've added a lot of new and fun aspects to the competition, for example, now you can earn points for predicting who will win pole position, how fast the pole lap will be and who drove the fastest lap.

We hope you enjoy this experimental competition.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2850279)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
An in depth explanation of the points system can be found at...

http://tentenths.com/predictions/?page_id=39
Old 21 Mar 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2850573)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting news b1ackcr0w. Thanks.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2850595)   #4
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Interesting news b1ackcr0w. Thanks.
Thanks BR,

Quite a lot of work has gone into this competition. Some of the testing we did on this threw up some very interesting results. One of the cool things is that all your predictions can count for big points, so it refocuses your attention further down the grid.

Like many, i have a slight suspicion that Red Bull might be a bit dominant this season. But even if the hunt for podiums gets a bit boring, there's loads of points to be scored elsewhere in the points paying positions. And a wet race could easily turn things right on their heads.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2850687)   #5
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that is one sophisticated system - lotta work gone into that just looking at it!

Good job!
Old 21 Mar 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2850705)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
Wow, that is one sophisticated system - lotta work gone into that just looking at it!

Good job!
Thankyou!

We have done a bit of soul searching about whether it's too complicated, particularly the scoring. But on balance, we think the added interest of points from more aspects of the race will make up for it.

Please join in, if this works well and you enjoy it, it gives us encouragement to refine it and roll it out to other championships.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2850707)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Don't delay getting your entries in, you can change them as much as you like, right up until qualifying starts.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2850711)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post

The Fantasy competition is remaining as it is, with Jab running it. However, Ralf's Fan, the Admins and I have put together something rather special.

Nice stuff.

Also thanks for giving me credit for doing nothing. Steph won't be best pleased however.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 18:03 (Ref:2850714)   #9
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Nice stuff.

Also thanks for giving me credit for doing nothing. Steph won't be best pleased however.
If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous
Old 22 Mar 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2851100)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!

In fairness, I didn't do very much either.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Mar 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2851898)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats for the hard work guys and girls.... ok, b1ackcr0w, nice stuff you did, keep the good work !!
Old 23 Mar 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2851901)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Excellent work BC!
Old 23 Mar 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2852070)   #13
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm amazed!
Great job!

Old 23 Mar 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2852084)   #14
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Humble thanks!

Only 10 years till my next good idea
Old 23 Mar 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2852087)   #15
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've added my prediction!

It really is great being able to easily scan across and see what other people have predicted, makes it very easy to compare things like fastest lap and so forth.

I have a feeling this could be very interesting!
Old 23 Mar 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2852111)   #16
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

I wonder whether an element of gamesmanship will enter into things as folk get more into the competition. IE will the front runners either delay their predictions until the last minute, or even put in spurious predictions...

The key to winning this is going to be to remember that 10th place can earn you as much as 1st. Keeping an eye on the actual form of team-mates as the season progresses will also help. In the test runs I did, a few small differences made a surprising difference. I really wanted a competition that's as much about your prowess in spotting form as what happens on the track. I hope we're closer with this contest.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2852521)   #17
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi b1ackcr0w.
I have pm'd you - I am having the most terrible trouble getting to the predictions entry page - please can you help - ANYBODY!!!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2852819)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi Pitstop. Once you've registered and clicked on the verification link in your e-mail, you enter at the bottom of this page: http://tentenths.com/predictions/

What problem have you been having?
Old 25 Mar 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2852826)   #19
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Hi, and thanks Born Racer,

b1ackcr0w. is very kindly helping me. I register my predicts - but the page does not seem to want to accept it. I will keep trying though.

I just have to 'predict' - for just for a few points - I could not possibly let knowles beat me this year - the shame would just be too, too, much to bare - or is it bear !!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2852827)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Watch TGF spank some younger chaps this season...
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2852954)   #21
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
I managed to enter - dumbo me was not entering the pole time in the correct format, my thanks to Born Racer and b1ackcr0w for your help.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2853011)   #22
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats Awesome! Cheers for that. Gonna be a lot of fun.

The correct pole time format is: 1:11.111 is it?
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2853014)   #23
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a question. The rules state the deadline is the start of Qualifying.
According to the count down clock there's about 17 hours left.
I just tried to change a prediction,but I was unable.

Is the deadline start of Practice , or start of Qualifying ??

FYI : Love this format ! Thanks for all your hard work to set this up !
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2853015)   #24
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, sorry for the dumb question, it says on the site too.

POLE FORMAT IS: MM:SS.THT
Old 25 Mar 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2853017)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast95pony View Post
I have a question. The rules state the deadline is the start of Qualifying.
According to the count down clock there's about 17 hours left.
I just tried to change a prediction,but I was unable.
Go into Show Predictions, then Show Entry Form. It should allow you to make amendments. I've just gone in and changed mine with no difficulty.