Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 28 Jun 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2907371)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths Outages / Downtime

Hi folks,

You may notice that Tenths is unavailable from time to time at the moment.

Normally we make a backup of the database etc. around 4am in the mornings (UK time) this causes the site to be temporarily unavailable for users accessing at this time.

In order to improve this service I am looking at alternative methods of doing this backup and while I'm setting these up there will be periods when Tenths is either SLLLLOOOWWWWWW or unavailable.

Please be patient, when this work is completed we hope to be able to offer a better service.

(For the more technically minded, I'm setting up MySQL replication to an off-site server which will then be used to take a mysqlhotcopy or mysqldump for backup purposes)
Old 30 Jun 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2908626)   #2
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post

(For the more technically minded, I'm setting up MySQL replication to an off-site server which will then be used to take a mysqlhotcopy or mysqldump for backup purposes)
I love it when you talk dirty!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2930635)   #3
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While you're at it, how about dumping Google +1. I'm getting fed up with "waiting for ssl.gstatic.com". Give it a couple of months and I'm sure Google will have it working as it should, so you could add it again then.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2930643)   #4
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Hi folks,

You may notice that Tenths is unavailable from time to time at the moment.

Normally we make a backup of the database etc. around 4am in the mornings (UK time) this causes the site to be temporarily unavailable for users accessing at this time.
Be honest now. You had to give the server a pill and `burp it', didn't you?

Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2930771)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
While you're at it, how about dumping Google +1. I'm getting fed up with "waiting for ssl.gstatic.com". Give it a couple of months and I'm sure Google will have it working as it should, so you could add it again then.
Anyone else noticing slow downs with this? To be honest, I've not had any problems on any of the machines or connections I use to access Tenths, including a tablet tethered to a mobile.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2930782)   #6
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been noticing it on a lot of websites in the last couple of months, including my own. All third party material slows down sites to a certain extent (advertising and social media links) but Google +1 is the worst because some of the files are loaded over an https connection. My own websites went from 2 second page loads to nearly 4 seconds when I put on Google +1, but by a bit of judicious juggling of the loading order of files I have got down to 1.7-2.0 seconds generally.