Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Oct 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3316846)   #1
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a cruel world.

It's enough to make a grownup petrol-head weep oil.

Race cars abandoned

Old 13 Oct 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3317008)   #2
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recognise one of those pictures - it is the 'Type 51 Bugatti' owned by the late Alan Riley of Barnt Green. He spent the latter part of his life trying to prove its authenticity, but it was a replica built up by Keith Butti, sold to Alan as the real thing. It got auctioned from his estate about a year ago. Sad tale, really.
Nick
Old 13 Oct 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3317096)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Has the drug money dried up in Brazil ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Oct 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3317137)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some interesting relics been mothballed, or rather fieldballed there!

What the heck was the Pug 905 doing in a farmers yard next to a GTV6 and a Lancia 037?

Also odd was the Toyota F1 liveried thing in some random street in what looked like the Middle East. Surely not someone's every day car?!!!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3317238)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good grief! Unbelievable.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3317386)   #6
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the last pic plus the ones of the GTO are from when that warehouse was flattened by a hurricane in California about 5 years ago...so hardly 'abandoned'.
I'm intrigued by the McLaren though, as it looks relatively real. Obviously a show car, but where, I wonder.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3317418)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher View Post
the last pic plus the ones of the GTO are from when that warehouse was flattened by a hurricane in California about 5 years ago...so hardly 'abandoned'.

Some way off adequately stored condition though.......
Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3317422)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher View Post
I'm intrigued by the McLaren though, as it looks relatively real. Obviously a show car, but where, I wonder.
http://jalopnik.com/5852873/how-i-ne...sports-history
Old 13 Oct 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3317445)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Underneath the shell is a plywood component holding the car together.

I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved.......

But thanks for that link redshoes!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3317589)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Various pics of the Porsche 935 In a barn have done the Facebook rounds, it's an historic racing team in the south of France IIRC and these cars are in temporary storage before going to restoration/repair.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3317591)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
model F1 cars are/were quite common . . . I worked out in Romania and the Philip Morris factory had them in the foyer, they get everywhere

most recent 'see' was the leading cast of 'Cars 2' all life sized in Storage in Sussex. pretty impressive given its an animated film/race.

as for abandoned race cars, I have my own!