Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jan 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3604492)   #26
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Hmm.... not sure I see the point.

Since its limited to GPRM-running gear, chassis availability will be rather low and that's assuming that all cars built to the rules will find their way into this series. They even admit as much when they say that they only expect around 12 cars.

Will they run on their own or will they have to share the grid with other series? IIRC conventional wisdom has it that you need around an 18 car field to get anywhere near covering your track rental fees in most club racing series, else your competitors need to pay more for their tracktime than they would in comparable series.

Hence, why I asked if there was any chance of running a class for either, or both, cars To the S2000 and NGTC engined S2000 cars.

As far as I am aware, there is no where to run these cars at the moment and there are quite a few about.
Old 13 Jan 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3604538)   #27
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Hence, why I asked if there was any chance of running a class for either, or both, cars To the S2000 and NGTC engined S2000 cars.

As far as I am aware, there is no where to run these cars at the moment and there are quite a few about.
I think that'd be a good idea, maybe even a class for the BTC-T spec cars as well, always seems to be a few Toledos, Integras and Civics on RaceCarsDirect (other online motorsport classified sites are available) when I'm looking at ways to waste my money.

That would boost the grid, produce some decent, close racing and it'd be nice to see some old machinery back out on track...now I wonder what ever happened to the 406 Coupes? Lovely looking things.
Old 13 Jan 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3604559)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
B-TEC Development Series News & Rumors 2016

Surprised a series like this didn't already exist. Here in Oz we have a 2nd tier development series for V8 Supercars that's a good place for old cars and young talent to demonstrate their skills.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 12:14 (Ref:3604701)   #29
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post

They can be run in a number of club level series - pretty much any 'modified saloons' championship will take them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I think that'd be a good idea, maybe even a class for the BTC-T spec cars as well, always seems to be a few Toledos, Integras and Civics on RaceCarsDirect (other online motorsport classified sites are available) when I'm looking at ways to waste my money.

That would boost the grid, produce some decent, close racing and it'd be nice to see some old machinery back out on track...now I wonder what ever happened to the 406 Coupes? Lovely looking things.
John George ran a 406 coupe for a while (Britcar?) How many cars were there? Can't have been many but it'd be interesting to find out where they went.

If you keep adding old rule sets to the B-tec series you effectively end up with a slightly newer version of the Historic Super Touring championship.....
Old 14 Jan 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3604704)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were 4 406 chassis built. There are a few BTC-T threads in the chassis history forum.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3604776)   #31
ahobson98
Rookie

ahobson98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest I cant see it being a good idea for the series to go to Anglesey or Pembrey in its first year- good circuits though they are- because it is a long way for teams and drivers to travel and could well result in lower entries.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3604802)   #32
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobson98 View Post
To be honest I cant see it being a good idea for the series to go to Anglesey or Pembrey in its first year- good circuits though they are- because it is a long way for teams and drivers to travel and could well result in lower entries.
Circuits easily accessible from motorways and dual carriageways? Riiiiiiiight.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3604885)   #33
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobson98 View Post
From the Midlands (which I'm assuming the bulk of teams are going to be based) there isn't a huge difference in travelling times to the Pembrey/Anglesey and Croft.

Also, the Pembrey meeting will be alongside the Truck racing championship, which would ensure a reasonable crowd, which is no bad thing either.
Old 15 Jan 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3605128)   #34
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Who knows we may even see ES Racing & Mr James join the party ' AV' IT'
Mr James 'AD IT' with a wall in Dubai today unfortunately.
Old 16 Jan 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3605337)   #35
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team BMR with 6 Cars
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...opment-series/
Old 16 Jan 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3605344)   #36
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Well anyone wanting to enter this series should be calling Mr Scott for sure then!
Old 16 Jan 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3605352)   #37
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Surprised that that article suggests the Insignia's are still complete race cars - I was under the understanding that they had been stripped to build up the additional CC's over the past few years.
Old 16 Jan 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3605414)   #38
Dobbo
Rookie

Dobbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see bmr making such a comitment
With 6 cars but still think those cc would be good fighting at the front cars with rml bits fitted in the btcc
Old 16 Jan 2016, 22:09 (Ref:3605450)   #39
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
Surprised that that article suggests the Insignia's are still complete race cars - I was under the understanding that they had been stripped to build up the additional CC's over the past few years.
The subframes will have been taken off the Insignias to build up the CCs but the base shell will still be complete. 'Just' a question of fitting new subframes and bunging an engine in.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3605860)   #40
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't the Civic Tourers built from the hatches, with new panels welded on?
Old 18 Jan 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3605930)   #41
Dobbo
Rookie

Dobbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Weren't the Civic Tourers built from the hatches, with new panels welded on?
They were new shells using the running gear from the 2012/2013 civics
Got that from another website
Going by that theres 3 hatch shells/complete and 2 tourers shells/conplete at dynamics
Not sure if they used bits off them to build the civic tyoe r ?
If it was then surely eurotech would have upgraded there old civic hatch instead of buying 3 new cars
Old 25 Jan 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3607867)   #42
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well team BKR will run these cars as a deal with BMR has been done.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3607868)   #43
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari to enter B-TEC! *

* Nico Ferrari's Team BKR
Old 25 Jan 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3607934)   #44
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone able to expand on this entry list?

Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - Vauxhall Insignia?
Rob Austin Racing - Audi A4
Old 25 Jan 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3607935)   #45
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe Triple Eight would be entering something also?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3607961)   #46
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Anyone able to expand on this entry list?

Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - VW CC
Team BKR - VW CC
just looked up BKR and they not even done a full season with a clio and zero touring car experience. but they will run 6 ngtc cars?! six cars! sounds like wishful thinking.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3607968)   #47
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
just looked up BKR and they not even done a full season with a clio and zero touring car experience. but they will run 6 ngtc cars?! six cars! sounds like wishful thinking.
Team BKR used to be known as Bubble & Kick Racing, they've been around for a good number of years. They've got a reason amount of experience at club level. OK so it's still 6 cars but running in BTEC will be nothing like running in BTCC, so far less of a stretch than you think.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3607983)   #48
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Team BKR used to be known as Bubble & Kick Racing, they've been around for a good number of years. They've got a reason amount of experience at club level. OK so it's still 6 cars but running in BTEC will be nothing like running in BTCC, so far less of a stretch than you think.
seriously?? running six touring cars is a really massive stretch! thats six btcc cars that all have to be prepared properly and run at each race meeting which has two races on race day. thats 12 full race preps each race day and thats a huge amount of work for a minor league club level team.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 09:39 (Ref:3608061)   #49
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
seriously?? running six touring cars is a really massive stretch! thats six btcc cars that all have to be prepared properly and run at each race meeting which has two races on race day. thats 12 full race preps each race day and thats a huge amount of work for a minor league club level team.
I'm with redshoes on this one - running cars in the BTEC series won't be anywhere near as hard as running them in the BTCC - there simply won't be the 'every tenth counts' pressure (and presumably less panel bashing). Don't forget that at club level there are people that run ex-btcc cars themselves from the boot of an estate car - so running 6 cars shouldn't be too much of a stretch for a half competent team. Between races some (you'd hope all!) of the cars will surely only need fueling, tyre pressures checking and a general nut and bolt checkover.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3608070)   #50
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm with redshoes on this one - running cars in the BTEC series won't be anywhere near as hard as running them in the BTCC - there simply won't be the 'every tenth counts' pressure (and presumably less panel bashing). Don't forget that at club level there are people that run ex-btcc cars themselves from the boot of an estate car - so running 6 cars shouldn't be too much of a stretch for a half competent team. Between races some (you'd hope all!) of the cars will surely only need fueling, tyre pressures checking and a general nut and bolt checkover.
i forgot its only a club level series so drivers wont care so much how their car is prepped or competitive it is