Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Jul 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3754905)   #101
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport Prospects View Post
What extra things?
Here is a schedule.
http://montreal.fiaformulae.com/en/schedule/

It looks like the weather should be good, and apparently the local transit system will be free for Saturday and Sunday.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/...ne-de-montreal
http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...race-day-looms
http://www.stm.info/en/offers-and-ou...th-anniversary
Old 28 Jul 2017, 00:09 (Ref:3754918)   #102
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
HighParker was definitely detailed on the answer. I was going to say there is always something to see in the eVillage, or to do with the simulators. Or to see on track. Plus the drivers are kind of reachable when they do the eRace or the autograph session.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3755754)   #103
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No FE final round thread?

How about Buemi at the end of that race attacking everyone in the pits? I would of just held two fingers up to him and tell him to f--k off. At one point not even knowing which Andretti driver to attack so just went after both of them. I liked Frijns barking back and saying next time I'll just hit you from behind.

Buemi seems to think because he's in the fastest car no one has the right to pass him. I was on the fence about who to support for the title; sure Buemi already has a title but Di Grassi hasn't put in a title winning performance this year. Only 1 driver has this year and that's Buemi. But after seeing his arrogance after the race I'm fully behind Di Grassi now.

How the hell did Buemi not get a penalty for that unsafe release anyway? They were side by side in the pits. ABT should definitely protest that.

It's going to be another really close finale between Buemi and Di Grassi. I'm not sure who is faster; certainly Vergne was a little faster in the race than Di Grassi but qualifying will be important. If Buemi takes pole I don't think he'll be beaten. Lets hope he stuffs up qualifying.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3756047)   #104
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I did the math correctly, di Grassi only needs a 5th to win the championship after Buemi getting DSQ from race 1.

EDIT: Assuming Buemi doesn't get the pole. I he get it, then di Grassi will need a 4th.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3756113)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not going well for Buemi. Shame he was DSQed , but he need to not let it get to him.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3756132)   #106
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are the races streamed live on YouTube?

Edit: Nevermind, the UK isn't allowed to watch it. After me deciding to try and give it a try.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 30 Jul 2017 at 19:37.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3756174)   #107
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is on spike.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/championship/tv-schedule/

Well there you go! Who knew?
Old 30 Jul 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3756178)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which apparently you need to subscribe to. Yeah, no offence to any series, I'm not paying money for a bad TV channel to watch a small handful of events for a year. I'll happily retry Formula E when it embraces a more modern medium. Oh the irony.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 00:40 (Ref:3756222)   #109
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Which apparently you need to subscribe to. Yeah, no offence to any series, I'm not paying money for a bad TV channel to watch a small handful of events for a year.
Sucks to be British then.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3756227)   #110
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
My feeling is that Di Grassi should have not been allowed to take part on this championship (at least for some of the first races) after what he did in the last race of the second season. Seeing him winning the title today did not look good to me.
Besides that, the Montreal circuit prove to be one of the best to provide good track action. Two of the best races of the season.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3756230)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
My feeling is that Di Grassi should have not been allowed to take part on this championship (at least for some of the first races) after what he did in the last race of the second season. Seeing him winning the title today did not look good to me.
A new season and all that?

The build up and race weekend did seem to get a little nasty. I don't know if that was genuine or just the reporting of it, but I was quite distasteful.

Quote:
Besides that, the Montreal circuit prove to be one of the best to provide good track action. Two of the best races of the season.
It did sound like drivers could move up through the field.

Quote:
Which apparently you need to subscribe to. Yeah, no offence to any series, I'm not paying money for a bad TV channel to watch a small handful of events for a year. I'll happily retry Formula E when it embraces a more modern medium. Oh the irony.

Surely the manufacturers won't want it to be on pay TV
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3756270)   #112
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The coverage was crap. They had a 15 minute intro in the studio with Marino Franchitti and another presenter. No quali highlights or anything. When coverage switched to Montreal it was good with interviews, commentary discussions, etc. Then as they were coming out for the podium celebrations (after Di Grassi had celebrated in the pit lane) the presenter from earlier voiced over "So sorry to do this over the podium but we're out of time, here on Spike. Thank you for joining us throughout this season. We'll be back for season 4 in Hong Kong 1st weekend of December". Need for Speed was on next which is sooo important to watch on time. He didn't even say bye!
That coverage was not worth a penny (well the studio bit anyway).
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3756273)   #113
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Glad I'm not paying for it then.

When the coverage is free (on YouTube) then you make allowances for that and don't mind low quality. But I'm not paying for a TV channel to watch a series that I might not like. When it comes to YouTube then I'll give it a go.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:31 (Ref:3756278)   #114
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spike is a free-to-air channel to be fair
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3756282)   #115
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
In Di Grassi's defence, you give back the win he was disqualified from in season 1 plus the win he was disqualified from in season 2, and he'd be a 3 time champion now. I think he deserved a title after the 3 seasons he's put together. Maybe not always great this year, but he did what he needed to on Saturday with that win. Buemi failed under the pressure. Pretty funny that it was Da Costa that caused the damage.

Di Grassi's certainly a better champion that Piquet Jr - how'd that even happen, he's a backmarker now.

Buemi probably would have had this and wouldn't have been under pressure for the last 2 races if he didn't shift his focus between FE and WEC. Next time don't be greedy buddy. It looks like he'll miss out on the WEC title as well, so might not be too happy from 2017.

Times will change with new teams coming, plus probably some good new drivers. Mahindra, DS Virgin, Techeetah have all shown great speed lately. Maybe Jaguar can find some speed next year too, I'd love to see Mitch up front because he's really left Carroll behind in almost every race this year.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3756392)   #116
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There was Formula E on channel 5 yesterday - was that the same event? (didn't watch it - tried it before - didn't like it.)
Old 31 Jul 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3756397)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Buemi probably would have had this and wouldn't have been under pressure for the last 2 races if he didn't shift his focus between FE and WEC. Next time don't be greedy buddy. It looks like he'll miss out on the WEC title as well, so might not be too happy from 2017.
Or he wasn't ALLOWED under contract to do the the NYC round?? The team had arranged for transportation at their cost to get him back and forth as needed for Toyota and they were denied. Faulting a racing driver for having two gigs and calling him greedy is obviously not paying attention in a any way. He was leading the championship and even a few points at NYC would have helped him stay in front, but hey why actually follow a series when you can spout off on a forum?
Old 31 Jul 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3756413)   #118
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was there for my first FE race and the track was definitely conducive to passing. It even had elevation changes. Overall a fun weekend with some good on track battles but I will only go back in season 5 or 6 when they can race the same car for the whole race.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3756447)   #119
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
There was Formula E on channel 5 yesterday - was that the same event? (didn't watch it - tried it before - didn't like it.)
Saturday race was on C5-sunday on Spike-freeview chanel31;freesat ch141-I get it as part of basic Sky package-ch160.Agree the two guys in the studio are a waste of space.Must be the first time 3 motor races on live at the same time? Indycar;NASCAR & FE-earlier F1 & BTCC
Old 31 Jul 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3756450)   #120
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Saturday race was on C5-sunday on Spike-freeview chanel31;freesat ch141-I get it as part of basic Sky package-ch160.Agree the two guys in the studio are a waste of space.Must be the first time 3 motor races on live at the same time? Indycar;NASCAR & FE-earlier F1 & BTCC
Blancpain was also on live. Action packed day.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 01:17 (Ref:3756567)   #121
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think it is not a question of greediness. Buemi has a contract with Toyota that probably has the priority (I am certain this is the case with Jose Maria Lopez). It was out of his hands to decide wether he would compete in WEC or FE that weekend.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 03:49 (Ref:3756584)   #122
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Or he wasn't ALLOWED under contract to do the the NYC round?? The team had arranged for transportation at their cost to get him back and forth as needed for Toyota and they were denied. Faulting a racing driver for having two gigs and calling him greedy is obviously not paying attention in a any way.
I'm not questioning the decision to race WEC that weekend over FE, I'm aware Toyota denied him and it was out of his hands. He might have chosen WEC anyway, since he's in a title fight there as well. Not sure what would be more important to him. Maybe FE title as the WEC is looking much more difficult.

What was in his hands and his hands alone was signing on to do 2 racing series, at the possible expense of FE if it has date conflicts. No one forced him to do that, it was all his decision. Do you think if Alonso lost the F1 title at the last round because he chose to skip Monaco and do Indy instead, the team, shareholders and investors that have put millions into the project, the team of 100's of workers, would be very happy about that? Just so Alonso could enjoy a bit of racing on the side? It's a rarity that that would even happen with a F1 driver skipping a race to race elsewhere. But Dams allowed it.

It's no different to Buemi sacrificing 2 rounds of FE to do a full season of WEC, except that Buemi in this case Buemi really was leading the championship and skipping those 2 rounds likely did cost him the title.

That's greedy. What else do you call it? Do you not like me calling your precious Buemi greedy? He certainly didn't come across too likeable post-race in the Saturday race so if he wants to act like that, I'll call him whatever the hell I want. They're in the public sporting arena so people are going to discuss them on forums, that's what forums are for. Sometimes they might not be in such a positive light. That doesn't mean I don't even follow the series and are just spouting off, that's just silly and if you can't provide constructive discussion then why are you even here?

On the other hand, I'm not so against being greedy. If I was a driver I'd want to do multiple series in a season as well. These guys have a limited shelf life at their peak performance (post-40 no driver is as fast as he was at 30), might as well make the most if it while you can.

But I'd feel pretty damn guilty about it now though if I were him and it most likely cost the team the drivers title. Maybe without him they never would have had a chance at the title, though. Nico didn't even get a podium did he?

If Buemi stays another season with Toyota and Dams and there's a conflict again for 2 races, knowing he couldn't get it done this year, will that be fair on the team? Especially with someone like Gasly who would probably take that seat if he doesn't replace Kyvat in 2018. Or plenty of other good drivers that would love to be in the best car in FE and WEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
He was leading the championship and even a few points at NYC would have helped him stay in front, but hey why actually follow a series when you can spout off on a forum?
A few points? What good would that do? Lucas finished 24 points ahead of Buemi. Probably would have been more but Lucas was just cruising to finish the last race instead of pushing for more points. He needed a lot more than a few points. The final races might have gone different if he weren't under pressure, who knows.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3756608)   #123
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The amount of drivers that pull double duty in almost every series is higher than it's ever been. Not sure why we're singling out Buemi as greedy, just because he was in contention for the title.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3756615)   #124
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good init.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3756632)   #125
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will drivetrain battery stay fixed specification? Any info for how long?