Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3811684)   #1
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Planned TGV strikes

Thought this may be of interest to a few folk on this forum.

Just been made aware of this planned schedule of TGV strikes until the end of June(!). TGV workers are set to strike on 2 days out of 5, and some of the strike days seem to fall on really inopportune days for those of us not driving to Le Mans.

Test Day looks particularly bad, with strikes scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday. The Tuesday and Wednesday of Le Mans Week are also designated strike days, as is the Sunday of and the Monday after the race (that should be interesting!)

Obviously it's still quite a long way away, so let's hope they find a solution and the disruption doesn't happen. Also been advised that trains on the non-strike days are filling up really fast so better to get in and book sooner rather than later.

Full article and calendar: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180326/fre...lling-by-train
Old 29 Mar 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3811744)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!

This is insane. And I can't really alter my transport plans now, especially not on the way back... if they cancel any of the trains that are going towards Paris after the race, it's going to be inhuman. Those trains are crowded enough already now as it is.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3811778)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

This is insane. And I can't really alter my transport plans now, especially not on the way back... if they cancel any of the trains that are going towards Paris after the race, it's going to be inhuman. Those trains are crowded enough already now as it is.
When will you have your plane ? Which airport ?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3811801)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Strikes in France, whatever next?

The date chosen is, presumably, designed to be bad to strengthen the hand to obtain whatever demand is being asked for?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3811814)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
When will you have your plane ? Which airport ?
To France - Tuesday of race week, landing at CDG from Munich late morning. Back home - Monday from CDG around noon via Frankfurt. (And I can't buy with Ouigo a train ticket straight from CDG, they don't accept their tickets being bought from Romania)
Old 30 Mar 2018, 06:12 (Ref:3811850)   #6
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As alternative, you can use blablacar.fr.
This is a system where people who have empty seats in their car put them on a web site named blablacar.fr
It is pretty usefull when the train are on strike. On the top of that it is quite cheap.
The other alternative are the buses (www.flixbus.fr or www.ouibus.com) as Le Mans is not far away from Paris it will not take much time.
Regards,
Tique

Last edited by Tique; 30 Mar 2018 at 06:41.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 10:15 (Ref:3811894)   #7
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I'm in the same boat – need to get to Paris on Sunday evening for onward train (German ICE, thank god) on Monday morning.

It appears they are trying to recreate the 1995 strikes that periodically shut down the entire network. My hope is that it's all sorted by that time. Also, it's worth considering that not all trains will be affected I believe.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3811939)   #8
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will have the first round of the strike next week. We will see the % of train canceled.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3812032)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is also quite a long time to be striking. Hopefully they will find a solution at the negotiation table before LM
Old 31 Mar 2018, 07:57 (Ref:3812064)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It is also quite a long time to be striking. Hopefully they will find a solution at the negotiation table before LM
Hope so too, and that the rest of the transport network doesn't decide to come out on strike in support.
Old 31 Mar 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3812160)   #11
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm this could be inconvenient.... travelling on Tuesday of raceweek and straight after the race on TGV and Eurostar. As I've already booked I'll take a chance but will look into the buses between Paris and Le Mans
Old 31 Mar 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3812168)   #12
Cassis
Rookie

France
Alençon, France
Cassis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't worry about it yet - these things don't tend to drag on for months. There's information on this site https://en.oui.sncf/en/train/strike but even they aren't trying to say what will happen in a couple of months or more from now.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 05:23 (Ref:3816597)   #13
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The strike is continuing. Some trains are running, although still a minority.
Old 23 Apr 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3817029)   #14
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Threats to extend the strikes into July and August.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180423/fre...uly-and-august

Well, looks like it'll be rental car for me. Still a bit apprehensive about renting from CDG, hopefully I won't end up in a horror story.
Old 29 May 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3825406)   #15
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest info : The strike is still running. SNCF are publishing the levels of trains running each strike day on their website per train type. Obviously it depends on specific journies but I assume for most it will the Paris TGV, TGVs have run between 3 in 5, and 2 in 3 trains in recent strike days from my understanding of their website.

So sounds like it could be worse.
Old 30 May 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3825670)   #16
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just received an email with cancelation of my train from CDG to LeMans ... and no other trains from CDG now .... guess what??not even full refund, just a voucher to be used up to 6 months .. is there a classic this year??
i'll probably have to get to paris first and get a train from there

Ciao Marco
Old 30 May 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3825671)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Threats to extend the strikes into July and August.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180423/fre...uly-and-august

Well, looks like it'll be rental car for me. Still a bit apprehensive about renting from CDG, hopefully I won't end up in a horror story.
not a problem renting from CDG .. we did that I think 3 years ago .. when unfortunately we missed the 10-10ths meeting

Ciao Marco
Old 30 May 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3825681)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
just received an email with cancelation of my train from CDG to LeMans ... and no other trains from CDG now .... guess what??not even full refund, just a voucher to be used up to 6 months .. is there a classic this year??
Yes there is a classic this year Victor
Old 30 May 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3825695)   #19
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Catch any train of your choice to Le Mans, you won't be controlled while a strike is on. Or explain that you have a very important international meeting. Or slap them twice from me.
Old 30 May 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3825696)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes there is a classic this year Victor
Sorry that should have said Dani

hope you make the meet this year
Old 30 May 2018, 21:33 (Ref:3825751)   #21
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strikes still planned for June 2, 3, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18.

Doesn't affect TGV only, also SNCF Intercités, TER SNCF, OUIGO, Lyria
Eurostar, Thalys and DB-SNCF trains.

So, CDG to Paris and/or Paris to Le Mans could become difficult as well.
Old 30 May 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3825755)   #22
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That's weird. You should be entitled to a full unconditional refund if your train is cancelled.
https://droit-finances.commentcamarc...ge-des-billets
Old 31 May 2018, 06:15 (Ref:3825796)   #23
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Quote:
That's awful! Currently booked from Paris Montparnasse to Le Mans by TGV and haven't had a cancellation email yet, so might be able to get a train from there?
Old 31 May 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3825823)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Strikes still planned for June 2, 3, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18.

Doesn't affect TGV only, also SNCF Intercités, TER SNCF, OUIGO, Lyria
Eurostar, Thalys and DB-SNCF trains.

So, CDG to Paris and/or Paris to Le Mans could become difficult as well.
The RER B which links CDG to Paris belongs to RATP (parisian tube and buses), not to SNCF, so it will be available.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3828597)   #25
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Looks like my TGV to Le Mans is cancelled tomorrow (along with a number of others). Anyone getting a train tomorrow should check the status for their train