Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 23 May 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3824245)   #121
Alfisti
Veteran

Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 were at this stage, i.e. strike off notice a while ago.

Mr Scott doesn't like doing his sums does he?

Wonder what assets BMR have? JPs wig? 😁
Old 23 May 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3824246)   #122
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling the grid may look a little different after the summer break...
Old 23 May 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3824255)   #123
Alfisti
Veteran

Well I'm thinking the grid at Oulton might be down a car. There may or indeed may not be an estate car with a knackered engine that requires a considerable amount of time and money throwing at it.
Old 23 May 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3824267)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I think we could be in for a newish grid at Oulton. I think BMR could run just 2, will have to check
Old 23 May 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3824274)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
However if Plato does decide to give up it will have an effect on the sponsorship of the team, so i hope he sees the season out
Old 23 May 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3824289)   #126
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want Plato to leave the series, enjoy it too much seeing him at the back

I can so remember back in 2015 at the finale, If I remeber on ITV interview he hinted his team mates for not supporting him or something and suddenly most drivers in the series didn't put up a fight to Shedden from back of the grid.... and he lost the title by just 4 points

if i remember some Plato fans raged on so much in the btcc forum that there was a conspiracy and all drivers who let Shedden easy thru should be on trial on something Jordan in particlar even blinked him thru

Last edited by porsche962fan; 23 May 2018 at 20:18.
Old 23 May 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3824298)   #127
Alfisti
Veteran

Reaping what you sow. I think it's fair to say Flash is more popular with his fellow competitors. Less whining and banging peoples back bumpers over the years being amongst the more obvious reasons.
Old 23 May 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3824299)   #128
Alfisti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
However if Plato does decide to give up it will have an effect on the sponsorship of the team, so i hope he sees the season out
The Flux deal is not dependent on Plato.

Sutton was signed and Flux announced before Autosport. Platos sign off occurred afterwards...
Old 23 May 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3824308)   #129
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
They can get sponsors. Sutton has made the right choice staying, he’s really leading the team, with good backing too. Plato though will surely retire at the end of the season
Old 24 May 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3824403)   #130
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wonder what changes have been done that Cook mentions

“I don’t think people really appreciate the amount of work that the guys did during the winter,Some other teams wind down when the season ends, but these guys have been flat out. When I first drove the car after the changes they had made, I was blown away and so excited about what was to come.

Alongside my engineer, we’re in a position now where we can miss stages out and get straight to the end result in terms of setting up the car without the need to go round the houses and – when you add in the expertise of the team – it makes it so much easier"
Old 26 May 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3824744)   #131
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Interesting. Anyone got a spare fiver? https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09356881
Could mean anything or nothing. But adds to the rumours of BMR having money issues.

3 charges one to Subaru UK, liberty leasing and Clydesdale Bank plc all outstanding charges. As I understand it that means loans that have yet to be repaid in full.

Warren is the only listed director of the company.

As for the overdue accounts it does happen from time to time but a good company would get the accounts done on time really to avoid any hassle. A notice to be struck off and dissolved in 2 months from now unless shown to the contrary and all assets and rights will belong to the Crown.

Let's hope for people's sakes they get the accounts filed pretty soon or we could see cars disappearing from the grid.
Old 27 May 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3824958)   #132
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great day out at Thruxton, despite the sun. The touring car action was refreshingly clean, but very exciting, and was only bettered by the support races!

In terms of the touring car talk, Vauxhall have their act together, and have two drivers who are coming on almost as nicely as their car! Good to see BMW running so well at Thruxton, but the lack of ballast was likely part of it. I would also not discount any Honda teams, and Neal was certainly looking the part.

Ingram and Sutton had more pace than their finish positions show. Ingram was obviously hampered by Race 1, but Sutton was certainly looking racey relative to the cars behind. Plato, in race 1, had a nice scrap with Sam Smelt for last place, which he eventually lost before pitting.

Despite the protests of many, it seems that if the depth of quality and the standard of racing is as high as it has been, Plato is in no way a pivotal figure for the championship. He can trundle around at the back making a mockery of his win tally and, quite frankly, nobody really cares. They are more focused on the immense quality at the front and in the midfield. If Plato wants to kick up a fuss, that's fine, but the BTCC will continue on a high whether he wins races and titles or leaves for good. Him missing race 3 didn't make a noticeable impact on the crowd, or the race. Whilst it would be shocking and rather sad actually to see such a great of the BTCC (and of touring cars in general) go out with such a whimper, at the end of the day there are already superior drivers - see his teammate, who also proves that the BTCC can have feisty drivers without other drivers races being jeopardised by egotistical, farcical barging.

Dare I say, if anything, Neal could be a bigger loss, as it may well mean Team Dynamics fade away too...
Old 27 May 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3824960)   #133
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really am scratching my head over the Subaru situation. I don't understand how they can go from a front running car in 2017, to an "also ran" in 2018.
Old 27 May 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3825007)   #134
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I really am scratching my head over the Subaru situation. I don't understand how they can go from a front running car in 2017, to an "also ran" in 2018.
See also: the first 3 meetings of last year.
Old 27 May 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3825025)   #135
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every season they've started with some issue. First year it was the inlet manifold, last year it wasn't getting a handle on the weight changes and this year it's a new engine tuner.