Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 24 Jan 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3495837)   #76
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I just had a quick look at Live Timing and Craig Baird was conspicuous by his absence. Anyone know why or should I guess?
Facebook says they had an engine failure last round, purchased a new engine for this round and after being second to last in P1 decided to throw in the towel due to terminal slowness....

Would have thought there were more than a few half decent engines available for purchase for this class. Or is that a wrong assumption?

Last edited by Chappelli; 24 Jan 2015 at 01:24.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 01:49 (Ref:3495840)   #77
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Would have thought there were more than a few half decent engines available for purchase for this class. Or is that a wrong assumption?
Thanks Chappelli; who knows if that's right or not though. One would think that there must be some good ones around, but at what price? The TKR budget might be a bit on the tight side, so perhaps the replacement engine was cheap!

Do you have any idea what happened to the "development driver" after all the talking-up from DJ prior to the season?
Old 24 Jan 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3495873)   #78
SouthernDrifter
Rookie

SouthernDrifter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good day at Teretonga, good sized crowd, I would put that down to the fine weather and the efforts by the club to promote it locally. But yeah TRS is the only class worth watching the rest are just embarrassing. The V8s are to rag tag and spread out. TR86 very close racing but needs twice the cars, then it would be kind of exciting. FF boring, Super 6.. just no, not at tier 1, All comers- had virtually 0 effort put in to get decent cars out of sheds onto the grid so ended up with less than 20 club cars, not even half decent SI OSCA or sports saloons. so its just lame. Teretonga / Southland can bring out the paying spectator just need the cars people want to see like V8ST,Gtrnz,Central muscle cars.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3495883)   #79
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the interesting report SD.
Says a lot doesn't it....hmmm
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:12 (Ref:3495892)   #80
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDrifter View Post
not even half decent SI OSCA or sports saloons. so its just lame.
OSCA and Sport Saloons ran the weekend before Teretonga at Ruapuna
and are running the weekend after at Levels
and both classes decided that 3 weekends in a row was too much.
So Teretonga is not a round of the series of either OSCA or Sport Saloons,
which will be why they were not there.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:41 (Ref:3495908)   #81
SouthernDrifter
Rookie

SouthernDrifter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
OSCA and Sport Saloons ran the weekend before Teretonga at Ruapuna
and are running the weekend after at Levels
and both classes decided that 3 weekends in a row was too much.
So Teretonga is not a round of the series of either OSCA or Sport Saloons,
which will be why they were not there.
Yeah I know, was Just describing the type of Allcomers racing today as mostly below OSCA, S/S type cars in which I feel should be the minimum at a tier 1? meeting if needed. To bad they couldn't work it into their calender they would of had a good crowd to race in front of for once.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3498217)   #82
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDrifter View Post
To bad they couldn't work it into their calender they would of had a good crowd to race in front of for once.
you can say the same thing about 96% of the meetings these days. well maybe not the good crowd bit.. but the timing/calendar of all the different classes.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3498431)   #83
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe these days if it ain't drifting, it ain't interesting. I would say if it IS drifting, it ain't interesting but then that's just me...
Old 29 Jan 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3498567)   #84
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
... but the timing/calendar of all the different classes.
I agree with that but in my experience its often the fact that these meetings come together so late and often after a class has confirmed it's season calendar. Obviously lots of classes want to be part of the ' big tier 1' meetings but the way classes are invited at the last minute or just cobbled together are to the detriment of these meetings.

There is a meeting this weekend at Levels that has some good fields, 9 trucks including a few just in from Aussie, 54 2k cup entries and over 20 pre 65's and none of these classes were included in the recent South Island "tier 1" rounds, instead we get pathetic amounts of Toyota 86's and super 6's etc
Old 29 Jan 2015, 09:40 (Ref:3498618)   #85
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
It is alleged that Neil Allport and Rick Armstrong both got TOYOTA'D at Ruapuna last weekend, with Rick apparently chasing Neil Allport through the Toyota pits hurling abuse at him for some on-track incident between the two 'field filler's' in the Toyota 86 race, each blaming the other, and ending up in a fist fight.

If there was any truth in this rumor you would expect that one or other of the drivers would be banned from racing for bringing the sport into disrepute, would you not! Or will this alleged altercation just be hushed up in the interest of the Sport?
Rick also threatened a young guy in the series, word from Toyota camp rick say sorry.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3504347)   #86
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR may won’t take part in practise.
David John is quoted as saying “We had a few issue with the new engines performance yesterday at testing and until we get that fixed tonight or in the morning we will not be heading to Manfeild.”
Old 16 Feb 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3505339)   #87
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
David John is quoted as saying “We had a few issue with the new engines performance yesterday at testing and until we get that fixed tonight or in the morning we will not be heading to Manfeild.”
The weekend at Manfeild must have been torrid for TKR. Last in Qualy and two DNF's!
Old 16 Feb 2015, 05:24 (Ref:3505351)   #88
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looking at Bairdos Twitter Page he didn't arrived into NZ until Friday Afternoon any way. Seems they may have tested early in the Week as he was in NZ early in the week before Testing Carrera Cup at Phillip Island on Thursday
Old 16 Feb 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3505384)   #89
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
Looking at Bairdos Twitter Page he didn't arrived into NZ until Friday Afternoon any way. Seems they may have tested early in the Week as he was in NZ early in the week before Testing Carrera Cup at Phillip Island on Thursday
The crew had no idea, if it had been on a dyno surely the would of picked up they were timing the car off the wrong marks on the damper, they have inexperienced crew and no money.
Old 16 Feb 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3505530)   #90
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
...they have inexperienced crew and no money.
Then nothing has changed, except they now must pay their driver a shed full before he turns up at the track. Perhaps that's why they have no money! And where is the "Development" driver?
Old 17 Feb 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3505653)   #91
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Then nothing has changed, except they now must pay their driver a shed full before he turns up at the track. Perhaps that's why they have no money! And where is the "Development" driver?
Still waiting for him to be born I would think
Old 17 Feb 2015, 06:05 (Ref:3505683)   #92
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Last I saw on face book t-shirts for the funds to run and buy a seconed car for that driver that then changed to a motor for the current car. No money as no one is stupid enough to deal with him.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3505734)   #93
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Last I saw on face book t-shirts for the funds to run and buy a seconed car for that driver that then changed to a motor for the current car. No money as no one is stupid enough to deal with him.
back to M10 sausage sizzle then ?
Old 18 Feb 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3506075)   #94
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
back to M10 sausage sizzle then ?
he might have company
Old 18 Feb 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3506121)   #95
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
he might have company
who would that be ??
Petchy ?
Noonan ?
MSNZ ?
Old 19 Feb 2015, 08:13 (Ref:3506537)   #96
Blackpearl
Racer

Kevin Williams For the record David, what have you asked for and received no supporting docs? Second you asked to purchase the engine from my car 2 weeks before Manfield, not enough time for a engine to be built but straight after Christchurch there would have been time to airfreight parts in, also if you don't remember your car out qualified me at the first round and also won 2 races, the second round your car was faster and in front of me in the first 2 races, not sure if you put green Tyres on for the 3 race but I did and won that race, then the next round your Holden engine broke the crankshaft. Please remember also at the first round when you didn't even have fuel for your car to do the first test session, or a tyre pressure gauge to check the tyres and then air to pump them up, I did supply all of these to Dennis to help get your car out on the track, I really am trying to help grow this class and try to get it back to like it was in the past.

Last edited by Woolley; 19 Feb 2015 at 13:45. Reason: Removed copy and paste from Facebook. Since when did we have a 'like' button on here.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3506553)   #97
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Kevin Williams For the record David, ...(blah, blah...
As I posted recently "Then nothing has changed,..."
Old 19 Mar 2015, 01:09 (Ref:3516972)   #98
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi Facebook
So what happened to the 2014 applicants?

March 2015
Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) are doing a nation wide search to see who has the potential to be the 2015/16 TKR Development Academy driver.
So if you think you have what it takes to be the next TKR Development Academy driver then get on down to see TKR tomorrow

August 2014
TEAM KIWI RACING (TKR) DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY - TOP FIVE LOCKED AND LOADED.
Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) Owner David John has confirmed today that the list of 39 applicants who recently applied for the Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) Development Academy position for the 2014/15 season, has now been reduced over the last week after much debate and discussion between the parties, to the final five applicants.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 04:52 (Ref:3516990)   #99
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They all paid their $500 and are still trying to get him on the phone.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3517008)   #100
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
They all paid their $500 and are still trying to get him on the phone.
Ain't that the truth!