Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 6 Apr 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2171451)   #151
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP to all who we sadly lost in the accident. I met David a few times and he was a pleasure to be around. I loved his WTCC commentary, he will be sadly missed.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 6 Apr 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2171576)   #152
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Graham , thanks for coming on here. Your Dad really was a lovely genuine bloke, always had time for a chat whenever I bumped into him, since first meeting him when he raced his Royale RP24 back in 1977. At the time I was 'gofer' for Trevor van Rooyen on his RP24, many a battle between David and TvR, Mansell, Chico Serra, Blanchet, Roe, Sarazin, Devaney, etc in those days!

Later on I did a painting for him that was presented to him by Val Adaway of 'Formula Services' of his MG Metro that he raced in '84. Val's company did the paperwork, entries, commentator notes etc, for many teams and drivers back then, David was one of many clients. I also did a pen & ink drawing of the Group C Ecosse for David, presented to him by the Silverstone lady marshals as his 'Dish of the Day' award, presented to the driver they found the most 'dishy!'

He will be sorely missed. A great competitor, brilliant bloke and a fine gentleman. Sincere condolences to you all.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2171684)   #153
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That message has honestly left me at the edge of tears. Beautifully put, and it's clear that David's will live on through his son. A week on I saw MotorsTv's trailer for the first LMES race and it stopped me in my tracks realizing David's insightful and charming contribuitions would be missing.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2171772)   #154
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
David may have gone, but he's NOT forgotten...
http://www.gurneyflap.com/lmsbarcelona08.html

Look for the Pescarolo front end shots. The Rollcentre car has the guys listed, as REMEMBERED.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2171941)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you so much for your post Graham, like so many others, evidently, it moved me so much.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2172407)   #156
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have been asked to post this announcement to the thread.

Quote:
RICHARD LLOYD

Funeral arrangements:

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Church Service 2.30pm

St Peters Church (Additional car parking available at Honda F1, Brackley NN13 7BD)
Church Road (please be there before 2.00pm in time for transport to church)
Old Town
Brackley
Northants
NN13 7BX

Followed by a celebration of Richard’s life to be held at 4.15pm

Silverstone Circuit,
Nr Towcester,
Northants.
NN12 8TN

Friends and colleagues are welcome to attend either or both.

The family has asked for no flowers:
Donations to: Cystic Fibrosis Trust,
BRDC Benevolent Fund
c/o undertakers J&M Humphris, 32 Albert Street, Banbury, Oxon. OX16 5DG

Any further details from Apex Motorsoprt, 01280 824445 success@apexmotorsport.co.uk www.apexmotorsport.com

details also available on www.hscc.org.uk/News%20headlines.htm
Old 8 Apr 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2173353)   #157
gazzalnt
Rookie

United Kingdom
leeds west yorkshire
gazzalnt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rip.a sad loss.david was a top bloke i met him many times and he was allways equal with everyone.i had the pleasure of working with his son graham at team jlr in 2006 and graham just like his dad is a top bloke and a gentle giant who i miss working with.ive just read what graham wrote on here and it brought tears to my eyes.graham youre dad and everyone else is proud of you. R.I.P richard lloyd
Old 9 Apr 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2173545)   #158
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have never met rich lloyd but i had met on many occasions david leslie. i can say he was one of the nicest guys in the paddock, no matter what he was doing, if he was doing pr, he was talking to his race team or even getting in and out of a car, he always had time for you for a chat and whatever. a true gent of the sport and he shall be sorely missed by all, thoughts are with his friends and family and to all involved!

just a link to me and him at britcar 2007, as i said always time for everyone!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1454318...57604445174374
Old 9 Apr 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2174154)   #159
Chris Horton
Rookie

England
Northants
Chris Horton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I worked with David whilst doing data analysis at RML during the Primera years and since then I kept bumping into him at various meetings, recreational and professional, from then on. As has been said many times, David was always really friendly and keen to find out what was going on. The last time I saw him was whilst I was competing in the VSCC Pomeroy in February and, true to form, he had a smile and a friendly hello. My shock on seeing the tragic news was immense and my thoughts immediately went out to his family and the other passengers of those departed. David, you will be hugely missed........
Old 10 Apr 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2174407)   #160
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.knockhill.com/news.php?a=210

That is a great tribute to a great man.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2175317)   #161
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have been asked to post this:

Quote:
Funeral details, David William Leslie (November 9 1953-March 30 2008)

Monday, April 14 2008

A private cremation in Dumfries - invited family only.

13.00 hrs: A memorial service celebrating David’s life at the Crichton Memorial Church, Dumfries, to which all friends and family are invited. No flowers please. A collection will be taken in memory of David for the Cancer Research charity and a kidney disease research charity tba. Alternatively, please make your own arrangements to make contributions directly in David’s memory.

A further service/celebration will take place at a later date at or near Silverstone for the many friends who are unable to attend in Dumfries.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2178004)   #162
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Graham, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a moving tribute and message of thanks. Your message will mean a great deal to the many people here who knew your Dad in some capacity.

I hope you'll forgive me for quoting your message in full in the tribute thread on another discussion forum I use.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 15:56 (Ref:2183042)   #163
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton Britcar-20th April.
I attended this race today, at a rather gloomy snetterton,and witnessed a fine tribute to both David and Richard on the grid prior to running the four hour endurance race. Without exception,ALL the spectators stood at the fence during the fine tribute and to witness the parade of Davids early race winning car(sorry, can't remember which it was )but struck by the genuine regard for such fine gentlemen.During the silence,everything fell quiet punctuated only by the skylarks......very fitting in my opinion.
Great respects to two such fine people.
Old 7 May 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2195782)   #164
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donations

Does anyone know which kidney research charity has been decided upon for donations in memory of David? Please send me a PM.
Old 26 May 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2212108)   #165
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dave Bewley has done an excellent tribute to David Leslie in this month's Karting Magazine. 50% of it is devoted to his karting career where David excelled in both direct drive and gearbox classes. The fact that as a young junior he had the measure of one of the world's greatest ever drivers, Terry Fullerton, demonstrates that were it not for a lack of funding in the late 70s, David may well have made it all the way.

Karting meant a lot to David and his dad, and when I last spoke to him he was talking about restoring some of his old rigs. As well as motorsport in general, karting too has lost a great ambassador.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 06:10 (Ref:2257566)   #166
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We attended the memorial party last night at Silverstone - there were some lovely tributes and it was very nice to meet Graham - congratulations onyour Masters.

Wonderful evening - very well done to all involved
Old 28 Jul 2008, 10:28 (Ref:2258889)   #167
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also attended the evening celebration of David. A wonderfully run evening and so many paying tribute to a true gentleman, racer and proud Scot.

Possibly the strangest rap ever seen was aired on the screen, now how funny was that to end the evening? I think it summed up the idea of the celebration being a fun happy night.

Thanks to all involved
Old 21 May 2010, 06:35 (Ref:2695191)   #168
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not for debate but simply information, the BBC have published a piece about the outcome of the AAIB's investigation in to the crash.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8695987.stm
Old 15 Jun 2010, 06:44 (Ref:2712392)   #169
NITRO35
Rookie

NITRO35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP
Old 30 Mar 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3050693)   #170
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's 4 years since David Leslie & Richard Lloyd were killed. RIP
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3050958)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4 years. It's difficult to believe it's already that long ago.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3051003)   #172
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who dont know,

The Leslie Family have instigated an award in David's Memory to the Cadet Marshal of the year, awarded by Bristish Motorsport Sport Marshals club,

Matthew was awarded this in 2009,

Cadet marshals are those who are aged 12-16 years and beginninging their marshalling careers
Old 30 Mar 2013, 01:56 (Ref:3226694)   #173
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another year has passed. RIP David Leslie & Richard Lloyd.