Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 12 Aug 2010, 05:20 (Ref:2743368)   #1
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dan Gurney and I are of like minds

http://gordonkirby.com/categories/co..._is_no248.html

Basically he says just about to the word, exactly how I feel. The only exception being I don't mind winged cars.

Something I have noticed in this world we live in today our lives have been invaded by bureaucrats and rules. It's invaded motor sport as well, with people obsessed with processes rather than results. Obsessed with rules and bureaucracy rather than innovation and self reliance.

You look at indycar today and where is the spirit and the innovation? Better yet where exactly is the competition? Basically what is left is a few egocentric businessmen and some race shops holding out a cup hoping some half wit unknown talentless rich brat will drop a few bucks in so they can make it to the next race. And all running the same exact car, now eligible for historic racing and running a donkey farting engine. Boring stuff and why no one cares anymore.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 07:13 (Ref:2743385)   #2
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has been that way since the Offy and the DFX wre introduced ... only major change was when some bloke called Cooper introduced the rear engined and Gurney and Chapman took it a stage further ........ even when the turbine engine was introduced it promptly got banned ! Cest la vie ........