Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 27 Sep 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1417739)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2006 IndyCar Silly Season

Feels kind of empty not having a thread like this up and running by now, so I figured I'd get one started

Can't say I've read or heard much about next season though, when it comes to the teams and drivers etc. The int'l commentators during the race at Watkins Glen did mention, however, that Georgio Pantano is seemingly interested in a gig with Chip Ganassi for next season. Question is, would Ganassi really be interested in taking on yet another driver who would be fresh to the ovals?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1417873)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting question rusty; my opinion is that, since non-oval races are expected to increase (it's rumoured that the published 2006 schedule is not definitive: at least one race in Canda should be added), a good driver in that kinda races will be very useful.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1417923)   #3
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if Bryan Herta is signed to AGR next year? Personally I'd love to see Darren Manning replace him although I won't be holding my breath.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1417957)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has been reported that all four AGR drivers are still under contract, but Dan's manager has apparently implied that his charge isn't, and appears to be lookking (optimistically) to F1. Beyond that, Cheever is clearly in trouble without Red Bull, but I can't think of any other solid news yet.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1417989)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the topic of teams, has anyone seen anything for 2006 in regards to Panther Racing? Last I heard they were going to talk to Honda about a deal for next season, but I have no idea whether they came to a deal or not.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1418045)   #6
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard they were looking at picking up Buddy full time next season, possibly to replace Enge as the two had similar average finishes but Buddy wrecked a lot less and had more input on car set up.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1418149)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
SpeedTV is reporting that Dan Wheldon is not under contract for next year.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1418170)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Does anyone know if Bryan Herta is signed to AGR next year? Personally I'd love to see Darren Manning replace him although I won't be holding my breath.
herta has signed.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1418171)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
SpeedTV is reporting that Dan Wheldon is not under contract for next year.
thats a load of rubbish!
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1418185)   #10
Refutation
Racer

Refutation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan hasn't mentioned much about F1 other then his usual reply,and was talking a lot about looking foward to trying to win Indy and the Championship again next year.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1418228)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Dan Wheldon still does not know where he will be driving next year, as no contract renewal with Andretti Green Racing has been signed so far.
Take the article as you will, nickyf1.

When proclaiming something as a "load of rubbish", perhaps you might defend your stance? Provide some information to the contrary?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1418923)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes apparently a deal has been agreed but not yet signed for Wheldon. Thats from his own mouth in Autosport.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1419036)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Since there apparently was a F-1 team that showed some interest in him he probably wants to fully explore that lead before signing with AGR. My guess is that he could have an outside shot at the shootout BMW apparently will stage for its second 2006 seat alongside Heidfeld.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1419050)   #14
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Tomas S be racing in IRL next year?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1419054)   #15
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see why not, Panther has secured sponsorship for next year and I don't think he's particularly wanted anywhere else.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1419235)   #16
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Panther has secured sponsorship : That's great, and what about sponsorship for #2 Panther Racing :
Old 30 Sep 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1420982)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
What about Dixon - Chip was joking around when asked about his future during the coverage he sais that Scott's under long term contract or something?

Well he's better make sure he gives him consistently decent equipment if that's the case...
Old 30 Sep 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1420992)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
What about Dixon - Chip was joking around when asked about his future during the coverage he sais that Scott's under long term contract or something?

Well he's better make sure he gives him consistently decent equipment if that's the case...
I've read some articles that suggest Ganassi has picked up an option for a long-term extension to Dixon's contract at some point (perhaps as early as last year), so I reckon Dixon will be back at least for next year.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1421022)   #19
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Indy Star reported that Wheldon won't be going to F-1...the possible deal with Williams (?) isn't going to happen, but that the contract with AGR has not been signed yet....

Dan wants to put Number 1 on his car next season, so it sounds like he wants to be back....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Oct 2005, 05:25 (Ref:1421418)   #20
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Ganassi has apparently picked up five Ford/Cosworth turbos. What implications this may have to his IRL program remain to be seen.
Old 1 Oct 2005, 06:09 (Ref:1421426)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He said that he wasn't going to go there and "Let's not be cute...." when asked....

If he runs both, he runs both...if he doesn't, he doesn't....if he runs one or the other, it is his choice...

Personally, until he gets SOMEONE with some experience at setting up cars for the various venues...from a driver perspective...who can comunicate with his engineers...they are going to continue to stink...especially on ovals if he stays in the IRL

Tomas Scheckter gave them their set-up data in 2003...Dixon benefitted from it to win the title...

Tomas left for Panther...Manning came in, with no experience in these cars on ovals...Dixon does not have that feel for set-ups...they stink in 2004....

They bring in Briscoe as a third driver...no oval experience....

they kick butts in road racing set-ups...Briscoe, Manning & Dixon have that kind of feel to varying degrees....

Still stink on the ovals....no one has a clue there....

Pantano comes in to fill the vacancy from the firing....road courses..perfect guy...Ovals..ZERO help...

Jacques lazier brought in for the ovals...good, experienced driver.....

Sorry Chip...picked the wrong Lazier....Buddy would have been enormously much more help....even though he did some races for Panther with Jonathan Byrd.....

Should have gotten Buddy on-board before this year even started...his insight would have been like the tide that raises all boats...your team stunk in 2004

Now, Chip has 24 "Incidents" ranging from totaled cars to minor damage....has to be in most cases issues with comunication for set-ups...

Sorry for the rambling....Chip knows how to get sponsors and to run a high caliber team, with the proper money....

But I definitely question his ability to select personnel and to win races with his current approach to the IRL Season, in the same way that Panther has performed this year and achieved results without the monster check book

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Oct 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1421443)   #22
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So logically Mo-Nunn to return to Chip Ganassi?
Old 4 Oct 2005, 01:59 (Ref:1423316)   #23
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Briscoe has said at this stage he would like to be back with Chip, but will be investigating whether his best opportunity is in America or back in Europe.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1423786)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
Take the article as you will, nickyf1.

When proclaiming something as a "load of rubbish", perhaps you might defend your stance? Provide some information to the contrary?
i have misread my autosport
Old 5 Oct 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1424561)   #25
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there no toyota money for 2006 like in the past years?

Last edited by macdaddy; 5 Oct 2005 at 17:58.