Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Jul 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3560091)   #1
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iRacing... any other members on here?

Good evening! I've recently got back into iracing after a gap of about a year or so due to a melted laptop... absolutely loving it again! Are there any other iracers on here?
Old 21 Jul 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3560132)   #2
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes indeed, occasionally. Road only, and I stick to the Grand Touring Cup, though I'm tempted by the new Aston Martin GT1 quite frequently since its release.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3560569)   #3
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
Just the two of us then!

I'm mainly racing in the Kia, although I try to do most of the Skippy and Advanced MX5 races too. Bought the RUF as well but it's a bit of an animal, my safety rating took a nose dive after a couple of races, so I'm mainly practising with that at the minute!
Old 29 Jul 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3562081)   #4
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fellow iracer here. Running the Skip this season along with a quick run once a week in the Caddy, GT1 and Nascar B Fixed.
Old 5 Aug 2015, 15:19 (Ref:3563962)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Here's another (untalented ) member.
Mainly road (GT3, MX5, Kia).
Old 9 Aug 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3564888)   #6
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
I'd love to have a proper go at some oval racing, but don't have the time or money for both that and road!
Old 13 Aug 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3565734)   #7
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cool thing with the oval side, once you buy half the Nascar tracks you can virtually race all year round. I decided to run a full season of the Nascar Series (Fixed) which follows the real life schedule with 50% distance. 36 races with most being visited twice, I spent approx US$150 to get the tracks I wanted and haven't needed to buy an oval track since. I could run B and A class NASCAR and get my $10 credit each season.

Don't forget the discounts for buying multiple tracks together, combined with half price membership and the bonus credit offers that iRacing has over the year, in addition to the participation credits for doing 8 weeks of a series in a season up to $10 per season.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3565951)   #8
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
For anyone that's interested, the Motors TV channel are gonna be showing highlights from the last 19 weeks of the British Sim Racers Touring Cars series, which runs the Kia. First up is next Tuesday, with each meetings' 3 races being squashed into an hour or so. Check it out, should be fun.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 05:55 (Ref:3567634)   #9
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
http://s688.photobucket.com/user/leg...?sort=3&page=1

Have a nose at some of the iracing liveries I've done so far... will be uploading a few more of the non-Kias I've done as well!
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3971716)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Since we're in Lockdown I've gone back to iRacing.

Signed up for the Nurburgring 24 Hours next week. We're considering live streaming. Should be fun.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3971740)   #11
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise - I've just built a sim rig with the expectation that any on-track action this year in the real world is going to be a long way off. Unfortunately it's only got a fairly naff logitech wheel and pedals for now, until I can convince my wife that better pedals and wheel are a reasonable expense. But the basis of a lovely rig is there... I'm pretty sure the Sparco seat I've put in it is nicer than anything I've sat in on a real track... Going to be trying to get back to iRacing properly from this week!
Old 19 Apr 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3971741)   #12
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Likewise - I've just built a sim rig with the expectation that any on-track action this year in the real world is going to be a long way off. Unfortunately it's only got a fairly naff logitech wheel and pedals for now, until I can convince my wife that better pedals and wheel are a reasonable expense. But the basis of a lovely rig is there... I'm pretty sure the Sparco seat I've put in it is nicer than anything I've sat in on a real track... Going to be trying to get back to iRacing properly from this week!
I'm on an office chair (I take the wheels off for driving) and a Logitech G920. I'm not investing more as I expect to drop this again when lockdown is over.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3971742)   #13
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depending on how it goes I might well stick with it. Never going to be a replacement for being out there in the real world, but it might be a nice mental exercise. It's interesting to see how many top drivers seem to be genuinely using it for training/practice/sharpness - it can't hurt!
Old 8 May 2020, 17:23 (Ref:3975110)   #14
mogwai
Rookie

United Kingdom
mogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little late to the party but 10y iRacing member here. Had to take a break a couple times as I prepared for the CFA. But back and running the Endurance Le Mans series in the 991. The endurance racing is where my heart is at and simply learning how to understand car setups and work within a team environment. Been an online racer since GPL days...really the only hobby. And racing in VR is about as close as I'll ever get.
Old 14 Jan 2022, 00:08 (Ref:4093655)   #15
AYDS
Rookie

AYDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The iRenting tire model sucks on pavement. They don't have enough variety in dirt tracks to keep me interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Wt2fIiURs

I play Assetto Corsa, AMS 2, Richard Burns Rally, and BeamNG. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.