Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Apr 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3636306)   #51
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Those Legends car without fenders and non-INEX bodies look dumb as hell.
Those are Northeast Classic Lites. Cheaper and more affordable than Legends Cars and, remarkably, faster than the Legends.

http://classiclites.com/

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 25 Apr 2016 at 18:22.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3636337)   #52
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Those are Northeast Classic Lites. Cheaper and more affordable than Legends Cars and, remarkably, faster than the Legends.

http://classiclites.com/
Looks like they run the engines that Legends should be transitioning over to soon.

...and they run what appears to be a 7" Hoosier, which would explain them being faster than the street tire'd Legends, hah.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3636898)   #53
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
More speedbowl upgrade pictures, we open next week.
http://racedayct.com/2016/04/picture...s-in-progress/

The silver fence is annoying. Paint them black so you can see through them easily at night instead of getting a glare off the lights from them.
Old 24 May 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3644053)   #54
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any interest out there?

http://www.dixiespeedway.com/2014/12...atured-slider/
Old 24 May 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3644064)   #55
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
We ran in the ACT race at Waterford this past weekend. Finished third in our qualifying race, and was the top running Waterford car for the entire first half of the race, before we retired due to my buddys eyes burning in the car and he couldn't see...turns out the brake master started to leak very slightly, but enough to get fluid onto the headers.
Old 24 May 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3644065)   #56
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Tomorrow is the day. Racing at last!

The speedway installed a new LED Scoreboard for the beginning of last year's racing season (2015), and they posted a picture of it today functioning wonderfully.

We now have this exact same scoreboard at our track as well. They also added a lap counter to the scoring tower facing the backstretch so people in the pits can see how many laps are remaining.
Old 24 May 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3644073)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Yes but young son b-day party is Saturday and I am watching the big 3 Sunday....

I need to get up to Dixie this year!
Old 24 May 2016, 13:20 (Ref:3644074)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We ran in the ACT race at Waterford this past weekend. Finished third in our qualifying race, and was the top running Waterford car for the entire first half of the race, before we retired due to my buddys eyes burning in the car and he couldn't see...turns out the brake master started to leak very slightly, but enough to get fluid onto the headers.
Such is racing, but frustrating to have speed and have something like that cause a retirement. I bet there's another race coming up where y'all can try again!
Old 26 Jun 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3655302)   #59
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When down in the Boro this weekend visiting the
son , we got down to Pooler to do Oglethorpe Speedway
Friday nite. Great half mile. Solid racing all nite . Super Street class had the best race.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3657878)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just watched the end of the "Show Me 100" on CBS. Jimmy Owens won his third or fourth Show Me 100. Scott Bloomquist has come on and won the last 3 races, including one last night in Gaffney SC. That must of been a warm evening at the track!

http://lucasdirt.com/home/119-result...rokee-speedway

Scott is leading the points over Davenport and Landers. Decent bit of earnings from Scott year to date at 204K. I'd like to give that job go!
Old 11 Jul 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3658360)   #61
canamman
Veteran

United States
http://www.dixiespeedway.com/2016/03/25/1960/

Takers?
Old 12 Jul 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3658578)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Love to but can't. Heading on a trip in the family truckster.
Old 12 Jul 2016, 20:18 (Ref:3658591)   #63
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Love to but can't. Heading on a trip in the family truckster.
Ok . Thanks. I wont decide myself till Sat. a.m.
Nephew may be up for a relief turn at Coolray Field Sat. nite.
Have fun with the fam.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 17:25 (Ref:3668437)   #64
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the Weird Racers Dept I was told Chris Dyson " Dyson Racing " has gone from competing in International series to Dirt Track racing in New York State somewhere . Anyone have any info on that deal ?

Also for the more knowledgeable Is the USA the only country that offers Dirt
track style racing ?
Old 29 Aug 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3668448)   #65
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Yes.

Absolutely not.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3668451)   #66
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Also for the more knowledgeable Is the USA the only country that offers Dirt
track style racing ?
Well, Canada's right next door. Mr. Tony Stewart has even been known to race here: http://ohswekenspeedway.ca

I bet you'd find a ton of this in South America and Europe. And Australia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirt_t...g_in_Australia

Lots of countries like speedway bike racing, which is kind of like two-wheeled midget cars with crazy people driving them.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3668500)   #67
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Yes I have heard about Sprint cars in Australia .Just don,t remember ever hearing about dirt tracks in Europe . Not withstanding the Bikers
Old 29 Aug 2016, 22:19 (Ref:3668503)   #68
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Yes I have heard about Sprint cars in Australia .Just don,t remember ever hearing about dirt tracks in Europe . Not withstanding the Bikers
We have quite a few 1/4 mile dirt tracks in the UK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom
The BRISCA F1 Stock Car series races on both tarmac and shale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LoKh1MSNKU
a few are well prepared surfaces with serious racing, then we have some very rough banger tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXbG7Xxb5I4
We also have a sport known as autograss who race on ovals prepared in fields.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXUa-fk4WA
Old 29 Aug 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3668508)   #69
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Numver4 Good stuff Thanks for sharing
Old 15 Sep 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3672528)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'll drop this here. Can't believe I just heard the NY state government has razed the track at the NY State Fairgrounds as it's almost a year old. Maybe heartbroken is too strong a word:

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index....racetrack.html
Old 15 Sep 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3672558)   #71
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Yeah, it's really lame.

I'm not a big dirt person but the history in that place was insane.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 02:47 (Ref:3672712)   #72
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Yeah, it's really lame.

I'm not a big dirt person but the history in that place was insane.
Spoke with a former colleague from Ontario NY about this today and according to him, it was done to expand the grounds for the rest of the fair stuff, which just wrapped up (last week?). Touted as the biggest fair ever.

Also, according to him, the track and stands were in rough shape, but that's obviously not the reason.
Old 16 Sep 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3672713)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Wrong thread
Old 17 Oct 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3680798)   #74
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm watching Whelen Modified Fall Final at Stafford Speedway in CT. A bit upsetting to think I've only been to a track 3 times this year and the season's almost over. Next year...

Modifieds really get around this place quick. Ray Everham and Ralph Shaheen are doing their best make me change the channel
Old 17 Oct 2016, 03:20 (Ref:3680811)   #75
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
I think it was 84-85 Ralph got moved up to the National level of Broadcasting . My daughter who was I think 14 at the time working with Mike Joy and Ken Squire's World Sports Network Let Ralph come in as a Pit Reporter for a modified race at Thompson . What a DUFUS my daughter had to explain to him the various chasis parts and what they did . To this day when his name is mentioned we all get a chuckle No wonder they keep him at the lower levels and bikes