Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4037069)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is Allan McNish or Tom Kristensen too old to be tempted out of retirement? I think a Ferrari program could use their development talents.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4037071)   #27
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is Allan McNish or Tom Kristensen too old to be tempted out of retirement? I think a Ferrari program could use their development talents.
Since Tom Kristensen is on the Audi books till he dies, I do not see him throwing that contrat away for joining Ferrari .

Audi is another matter, but for Tom Kristensen side I believe that he rather see young guns taking the reins than himself.

Besides Audi did have younger experienced drivers like Lotterer who would be ideal!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4037111)   #28
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Raikkonen getting one of the seats
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4037112)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
I see Raikkonen getting one of the seats
That would be interesting to see. Bearing in mind his dalliance with rallying, I suspect he'd be quite interested as an alternative to tooling around at the back of the F1 grid.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4037113)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Since Tom Kristensen is on the Audi books till he dies, I do not see him throwing that contract away for joining Ferrari .

Audi is another matter, but for Tom Kristensen side I believe that he rather see young guns taking the reins than himself.

Besides Audi did have younger experienced drivers like Lotterer who would be ideal!
I agree. I can't see either being put into an Audi again, let alone a Ferrari. They're Audi men, through and through.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4037125)   #31
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Allan and Tom, and probably most of the Audi Sport old guard, probably won't be tempted away from Audi any time soon, or get back into competitive racing. All have shown a huge amount of loyalty to Audi and Audi Sport. Besides, all of these guys are basically retired from driving, not to mention that Allan and Tom have management jobs at Audi Sport, and I can see one or both being involved in the LMDH program. Besides, Tom seems to be happy with occasional vintage/historic racing drives and Allan hasn't really shown much interest into getting back into a race car in a competitive outing since he retired.

I do wonder if Ferrari will poach from the GT ranks to get some of their drivers, as well as some of their junior drivers who probably won't get too close to a F1 car in the near future.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4037197)   #32
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aside their involvement in audi activities, Kristensen is 54, McNish is 52 and it's about 10 years they retired from motorsport. They could still run competitively in lmp2 maybe, but they would go nowhere in modern days lmp1 level of drivers competitivity. Not to say that if Kristensen was still good when he retired, McNish in his last years could easily score the record lap first and then demolish the car during the very next lap...
Old 27 Feb 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4037248)   #33
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Allan and Tom have management jobs at Audi Sport, and I can see one or both being involved in the LMDH program.

McNish seems to be natural choice for head of (potential) factory team. He's some years of experience in that role in FE and he's quite good as a boss.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4037249)   #34
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Aside their involvement in audi activities, Kristensen is 54, McNish is 52 and it's about 10 years they retired from motorsport. They could still run competitively in lmp2 maybe, but they would go nowhere in modern days lmp1 level of drivers competitivity. Not to say that if Kristensen was still good when he retired, McNish in his last years could easily score the record lap first and then demolish the car during the very next lap...
Do not knock Kristensen physical abilities, he is more that keeping up with the young guns - something which has made him a quite interesting specimen for the medical industry .
I seem to recall that he is actually in charge of the physical and mental training of the Audi drivers - and that is not by standing idling by the side.

Nevertheless, they are out as drivers, so not really a topic which should be kept in a Ferrari thread
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4037271)   #35
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
When did Martin Brundle last race an LMP car?
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4037274)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Le Mans 2012? You're not seriously thinking.......? At 61 (62 by June this year), I don't somehow think he's in contention. If he is, I'm throwing my hat into the ring too......
Old 27 Feb 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4037310)   #37
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That would be interesting to see. Bearing in mind his dalliance with rallying, I suspect he'd be quite interested as an alternative to tooling around at the back of the F1 grid.

He's seems rather happy there however and as long as Ferrari pays him to do so, he might just do so.

His teammate Antonio Giovinazzi seems a more likely contender with having fairly recent LMP2 and LM24 experience. And plenty more youth than Raikkonen.

Albuquerque, Derani, Nasr, Kobayashi and v/d Zande would all be great picks imo and are - as far as I know - currently not tied to one of the other major manufacturers (Toyota, Peugeot, Audi, Porsche).
Old 27 Feb 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4037335)   #38
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
He's seems rather happy there however and as long as Ferrari pays him to do so, he might just do so.

His teammate Antonio Giovinazzi seems a more likely contender with having fairly recent LMP2 and LM24 experience. And plenty more youth than Raikkonen.

Albuquerque, Derani, Nasr, Kobayashi and v/d Zande would all be great picks imo and are - as far as I know - currently not tied to one of the other major manufacturers (Toyota, Peugeot, Audi, Porsche).
Kobayashi is currently with Toyota, and not sure if Albuquerque still has any Audi links, but yeah the others aren't tied down.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4037368)   #39
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Le Mans 2012? You're not seriously thinking.......? At 61 (62 by June this year), I don't somehow think he's in contention. If he is, I'm throwing my hat into the ring too......
Much more likely is that Nino Vaccarella is involved, even if only as a reserve driver. He gives continuity from previous Ferrari efforts and doesn't have the burden of unlearning experiences from driving contemporary LMP1s.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4037557)   #40
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I can see Raikonnen as a possibility, but generally I think it will be drivers from their academy and GT drivers, plus hopefully LeClerc for Le Mans.

However there will be no shortage of suitors from all forms of racing - the chance to drive for the Ferrari factory will be very attractive to many drivers new and old.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4037582)   #41
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I can see Raikonnen as a possibility, but generally I think it will be drivers from their academy and GT drivers, plus hopefully LeClerc for Le Mans.

However there will be no shortage of suitors from all forms of racing - the chance to drive for the Ferrari factory will be very attractive to many drivers new and old.
To include Leclerc they would need to add another car or stand one of their full season drivers down. Seems unlikely.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 12:01 (Ref:4037590)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I would have said that Leclerc was an incredibly remote possibility, unless he and Ferrari really want to do it. To be honest, I'm far from convinced that Leclerc in a proto for 24 hours would be a good decision.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4037609)   #43
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly don't know, in last two seasons Leclerc made a lot of mistakes caught in the heat of recovering or defend positions... germany 2019, monaco 2019, austria 2019 and 2020, monza 2020, turkey 2020. But I agree, to me is extremely unlikely ferrari F1 drivers could take part at le mans, considering also that Leclerc will look for sure at other options if ferrari 2022 f1 car will be a failure.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4037613)   #44
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
To include Leclerc they would need to add another car or stand one of their full season drivers down. Seems unlikely.
This year AF Corse has only 2 drivers per car for full season. If they do the same in 2023 they could include Leclerc for Le Mans without adding another car.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4037660)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Whats Nico Hulkenberg up to these days?
Old 1 Mar 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4037679)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Whats Nico Hulkenberg up to these days?
Still hoping for a chance.... somewhere....
Old 1 Mar 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4037687)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I would have said that Leclerc was an incredibly remote possibility, unless he and Ferrari really want to do it. To be honest, I'm far from convinced that Leclerc in a proto for 24 hours would be a good decision.
News flash - he does want to do it: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...sqPA0AMWE.html

Also can we just take a moment for F1 publishing this on their own website. Fair play, we really have come a long way since Bernie.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4037691)   #48
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
News flash - he does want to do it: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...sqPA0AMWE.html

Also can we just take a moment for F1 publishing this on their own website. Fair play, we really have come a long way since Bernie.
The article also claims Ferrari's return wasn't due to to the F1 budget cap.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4037702)   #49
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Indeed!
Old 1 Mar 2021, 22:22 (Ref:4037761)   #50
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Leclerc-Giovinazzi-Hulkenberg would make a more than stellar driver line-up!