Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 May 2023, 16:24 (Ref:4154643)   #26
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it rains all weekend so that nobody has to faff about with this stupid rule.
Old 5 May 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4154649)   #27
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I hope it rains all weekend so that nobody has to faff about with this stupid rule.
Glad to see I'm not the only one not giving a damn about this artificially exciting option there...
Old 5 May 2023, 17:46 (Ref:4154651)   #28
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one not giving a damn about this artificially exciting option there...
Hopefully in the year out they’ve had time to make improvements to the system / compounds so the difference is a little less crippling… somehow I doubt it!
Old 5 May 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4154653)   #29
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, sadly doubt it too...
Old 5 May 2023, 19:03 (Ref:4154656)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It's only qualifying on YouTube. Normal YT livestream type thing, so you can re-watch the whole thing later.

Races are on ITVX. If you have the option to record at home I'd suggest doing that. FFWD/Rewind on ITVX just moves the time slider without updating the picture so you've no idea when to go back to normal play mode.
Thanks for the advice but it looks like it'll just be Quali on YouTube for me then. We're already away and not due back home for a week. Never mind, I'm sure I'll survive!
Old 6 May 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4154689)   #31
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FP1 (from TSL, I'm not there):

Hill, Sutton, Cammish, Ingram, Turkington, Thompson, Rowbottom, Collard, Jelley, Butcher.

7 laps for Hamilton but no time recorded.

Chilton & Pearson only did two laps and were 15 seconds off the pace. Just down to the weather?
Old 6 May 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4154691)   #32
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
FP1 (from TSL, I'm not there):

Hill, Sutton, Cammish, Ingram, Turkington, Thompson, Rowbottom, Collard, Jelley, Butcher.
It’s just FP1, it’s just FP1, it’s just FP1….

I haven’t heard anything on the Top 10 qualifying shoot out so presume it’s a regular one this afternoon? Bit strange how it keeps going back and forth.
Old 6 May 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4154692)   #33
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I haven’t heard anything on the Top 10 qualifying shoot out so presume it’s a regular one this afternoon?
There will be Top 10 qualifying
https://www.btcc.net/2022/11/02/toca...ation-changes/
Quote:
The ‘Top Ten Showdown’ will take place (on the Saturday) at the following events:

Donington Park (National) – 22/23 April
Brands Hatch (Indy) – 06/07 May
Oulton Park – 17/18 June
Knockhill – 12/13 August
Silverstone – 23/24 September
Old 6 May 2023, 10:42 (Ref:4154693)   #34
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Ah ok, thank you
Old 6 May 2023, 12:05 (Ref:4154698)   #35
Evantra
Veteran

England
So Rowbottom has a three place grid penalty - does that get applied to the first part of qualifying? I.e. if he makes it 10th into the shootout does he go through or get bumped down then to 13th?
Old 6 May 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4154699)   #36
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My guess is that it would apply to the conclusion of qualifying, so if he made the top ten then he would go through and the penalty would then be applied. If that is the case, it would mean, that if he finally qualified in 8th to 10th then 11th, etc would be bumped up.
Old 6 May 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4154706)   #37
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't matter as he finished in 16th.
Old 6 May 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4154708)   #38
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nick Halstead certainly likes the gravel traps.
Old 6 May 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4154709)   #39
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That qualifying format is a mess. 1hr 25 minutes in total it took.
Old 6 May 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4154710)   #40
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
That qualifying format is a mess. 1hr 25 minutes in total it took.
I expected them to take a chunk of time off after the third red flag. Wonder how many more it would’ve taken until they did say enough was enough. Seems like tomorrow could be another day of mixed conditions and throw in some interesting results.

Pleased to see Thompson right up there and that Pearson’s pace wasn’t a one-off. Bit surprised to see Ingram down in 7th.

Seems like it could be another similar year for Rowbottom, one weekend fighting the wins and next in the lower reaches of the points - see if he can fight back through tomorrow. Moffat really seems to be struggling.
Old 6 May 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4154711)   #41
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Nick Halstead certainly likes the gravel traps.
You've taken a bit of a Gamble saying that...this one wasn't quite his fault.
Old 6 May 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4154712)   #42
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I expected them to take a chunk of time off after the third red flag. Wonder how many more it would’ve taken until they did say enough was enough. Seems like tomorrow could be another day of mixed conditions and throw in some interesting results.

Pleased to see Thompson right up there and that Pearson’s pace wasn’t a one-off. Bit surprised to see Ingram down in 7th.

Seems like it could be another similar year for Rowbottom, one weekend fighting the wins and next in the lower reaches of the points - see if he can fight back through tomorrow. Moffat really seems to be struggling.
3 reds is usually the limit but ultimately it comes down to the timetable and how the day is going. In this instance, with a pretty sparse timetable and only two short races to get done after qualifying in a 2+hr window (before the 6:30 curfew), they didn't really have a good enough reason to cut time off. Maybe for a support category but certainly not BTCC.

I get the impression that the whole Top 10 shootout thing is a result of there being gaps to fill in the timetable anyway.
Old 6 May 2023, 17:01 (Ref:4154717)   #43
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Moffat seems to be having a baptism of fire on his return to front wheel drive. Cook doesn't really seem to be at one with that car yet either. (Not sure if his car is an ex Dynamics car or whether it's just the engine)
Old 6 May 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4154723)   #44
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Moffat seems to be having a baptism of fire on his return to front wheel drive. Cook doesn't really seem to be at one with that car yet either. (Not sure if his car is an ex Dynamics car or whether it's just the engine)
Cook's car is Rowbottom's 2022 Team Dynamics car (and Moffat is in Shedden's '22 car, Powell in Rowbottom's 2021 chassis) so I think both he and the team are getting used to a lot of changes.
Old 6 May 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4154728)   #45
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it’s actually a Dynamic’s car from last year, I know he was saying the cars not quite where he wants it, as the NB engine is heavier than the TOCA one & it’s changed the balance, means their set-up’s are all having to be tweaked & re-worked.
Old 6 May 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4154732)   #46
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish seems on par with Sutton this year

championship seems to go in WSR BMW VS NAPA Ford direction
Old 6 May 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4154746)   #47
Evantra
Veteran

England
Who’d have thought we’d have two NAPA drivers getting the first two poles of the year, and neither would be Sutton!
Old 6 May 2023, 20:47 (Ref:4154752)   #48
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if it was the wet weather forecast (and yes it did turn out to be very soggy!) or if it was events to the north west in Central London, but it seemed to be a very sparse crowd today.
Old 6 May 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4154757)   #49
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Don't know if it was the wet weather forecast (and yes it did turn out to be very soggy!) or if it was events to the north west in Central London, but it seemed to be a very sparse crowd today.
why would anyone want to spend all day in the pouring rain?
Old 6 May 2023, 21:22 (Ref:4154758)   #50
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt if Ash is very happy . Beaten by Cammish (and two other cars) with 1 second of Hybrid per lap, compared to his car having 15 seconds of Hybrid a lap. They should'nt have seen him for dust !!.