Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4154886)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks really windy!
Old 7 May 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4154900)   #27
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully this isn't the snoozefest that was Baku
Old 7 May 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4154902)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First live F1 race of the year for me. Just spent a part of the afternoon at the pub so I'm well lubricated for the start!!
Old 7 May 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4154903)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great move from Super Max.
Old 7 May 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4154906)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup. Max on the move up to 4th now.
Old 7 May 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4154907)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And he’s doing it on the hard compound!
Old 7 May 2023, 19:56 (Ref:4154908)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It feels like they're racing where Tony Montana lived in the 1980s for a little bit.

Max up to 3rd. Hunting Alosnso for 2nd.
Old 7 May 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4154913)   #33
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Max is absolutely flying today. Crazy pace in this first stint with the hard tyres.
Old 7 May 2023, 21:02 (Ref:4154915)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Only 4 others have ever won from 9th place. Max equals Seabass for most RB Racing wins as a pilot.
Old 7 May 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4154916)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Verstappen. That was an impressive stint on those hard tyres.
Old 7 May 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4154917)   #36
midnight_lurker
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
midnight_lurker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When was the last time we didn't have any retirements?

Last edited by midnight_lurker; 7 May 2023 at 21:23.
Old 7 May 2023, 23:34 (Ref:4154937)   #37
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_lurker View Post
When was the last time we didn't have any retirements?
The last time before today was the 2021 Turkish GP.
Today was I think the 13th time in history.
It happened 3 times in 2021.
It has happened twice at Chinese GPs and twice at Japanese GPs

All races with no DNF's

1961 Dutch GP
2005 US GP (14 cars DNS[?] / Withdrew because of the Michelin Tyre fiasco)
I believe technically they did start because they took part in the warm up lap. However they withdrew at the end of that lap, so whether a withdrawal pre lights out is a DNF is arguable)
2005 Italian GP
2011 European GP (Valencia)
2015 Japanese GP
2016 Chinese GP
2016 Japanese GP
2018 Chinese GP
2019 Austrian GP
2021 French GP
2021 Belgian GP. (2 laps behind the SC and red flag on lap 3, technically the result was called at end of lap 1 due to red flag countback rule)
2021 Turkish GP
2023 Miami US GP

Last edited by E.B; 7 May 2023 at 23:49. Reason: Added more detail re 2005 USGP
Old 8 May 2023, 06:42 (Ref:4154956)   #38
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I like Perez. He is a good driver. He will probably win more races this year. But I think this race demonstrates clearly that we are not going to have a Rosberg / Hamilton type close duel for the WDC. The wishful thinking is understandable of course.
Old 8 May 2023, 08:04 (Ref:4154958)   #39
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alpine seem to be nudging a bit higher up the order,but none of the teams have anything to reduce the Red Bull advantage,particularly when DRS is deployed.
Old 8 May 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4154965)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Another RBR walkover, which is a shame after a mixed up grid. Good recovery by Max to win the race. It's good to see Checo has raised his game to challenge him this year. I would say it's a combo of Brazil last year making him realise he's gonna get no help from Max, so needs to fight for himself and that if he doesn't deliver, there is a refreshed and remotivated Danny Ric waiting in the wings.

Another great podium from Fernando, nice to see him observe what Stroll was doing! Alpine have definitely improved this weekend. However there wasn't really much going on, despite a few battles. So not a great race all in all.
Old 8 May 2023, 08:55 (Ref:4154968)   #41
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Do we need a race in Miami? Surely three races in US is two too many when many of the traditional races are getting left out.
Old 8 May 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4154972)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well an improvement on Baku, but very little else to say about that race, F! needs to decide if it wants good racing or pay checks from places that want to pay vast sums to hold races at tracks that are never going to provide entertaining or exciting racing.
Old 8 May 2023, 11:46 (Ref:4154988)   #43
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
The pre-race "performance" - particularly the driver intro - was largely painful.....and when will someone tell Martin that barging through a scrum of largely D-list hangers on in the hope of getting an interview with someone who has no involvement in motor racing does nothing to add to the spectacle?

Some good overtaking moves throughout the field, but a race with no interruptions from flags or SCs which allowed the brave RB tyre strategy and the huge DRS effect to aid Verstappen to cruise through the field made the result pretty much a slam-dunk. Credit to Perez for making him work for the overtake, though......
Old 8 May 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4154989)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
The pre-race "performance" - particularly the driver intro - was largely painful.....and when will someone tell Martin that barging through a scrum of largely D-list hangers on in the hope of getting an interview with someone who has no involvement in motor racing does nothing to add to the spectacle?

Some good overtaking moves throughout the field, but a race with no interruptions from flags or SCs which allowed the brave RB tyre strategy and the huge DRS effect to aid Verstappen to cruise through the field made the result pretty much a slam-dunk. Credit to Perez for making him work for the overtake, though......

The driver intro was cringeworthy. I know the GP was being held around Fish Stadium but this is not the Super Bowl.
Old 8 May 2023, 13:41 (Ref:4155000)   #45
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We know that but Liberty did promise to make every event a Super Bowl.Which may mean five hours of dross for two hours of action.Maybe the bigwigs at Liberty need somebody to explain that the American way of doing things isn't always and automatically the best way.Perhaps the drivers need to cast their minds back to the time that Kimi missed a presentation to Michael Schumacher and plead nervous stomachs in the time just before the race.They could use his refreshingly honest explanation for not being available........
Old 8 May 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4155026)   #46
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
We know that but Liberty did promise to make every event a Super Bowl.Which may mean five hours of dross for two hours of action.
Many people tune in just in time for (or during) the formation lap.
Old 8 May 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4155029)   #47
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Many people tune in just in time for (or during) the formation lap.

A few years ago I would always watch the "build up" to the race but between Sky and Liberty it is now utter drivel. So I watch Q and the race but switch on for the start of the session and ignore the rest of the coverage, unfortunately I was a bit early on Sunday and when they introduced the drivers I nearly threw up into my supper.
Old 8 May 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4155031)   #48
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miami is all style, no substance. The pre-race "festivities" and grid walk represented Miami perfectly. The celebrities and lots of the "fans" were there to be seen at a big event and brag about being there, they were not there to watch a race. Just a convenient gathering place for a bunch of narcissists. Clearly there were real fans in attendance, I just believe they were in the minority.

I'm from Florida. I love the Dolphins but hate the city of Miami. The one thing I do like is that they used the Dolphins team colors for the track boundaries and curbing.
Old 8 May 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4155033)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
We know that but Liberty did promise to make every event a Super Bowl.Which may mean five hours of dross for two hours of action.Maybe the bigwigs at Liberty need somebody to explain that the American way of doing things isn't always and automatically the best way.Perhaps the drivers need to cast their minds back to the time that Kimi missed a presentation to Michael Schumacher and plead nervous stomachs in the time just before the race.They could use his refreshingly honest explanation for not being available........

Some people might not know that. Anyway I tuned in a little earlier than normal and though Liberty said they they were going to make every event a Super Bowl, I wasn't expecting a Super Bowl style team introduction for the drivers, with cheer leaders. I should have taken them at their word.
Old 8 May 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4155035)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
Miami is all style, no substance. The pre-race "festivities" and grid walk represented Miami perfectly. The celebrities and lots of the "fans" were there to be seen at a big event and brag about being there, they were not there to watch a race. Just a convenient gathering place for a bunch of narcissists. Clearly there were real fans in attendance, I just believe they were in the minority.

I'm from Florida. I love the Dolphins but hate the city of Miami. The one thing I do like is that they used the Dolphins team colors for the track boundaries and curbing.

Will they have Silver and Black at Vegas?