Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4156298)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stoke Row and Nuffield Motor Sport Day 2023.

23rd of July for this years show. The Maharajahs Tour will be going ahead as well and i will get the web site updated for entry forms. Very excited this year as the cars will start in Stoke Row and will be making their first stop with me at Nuffield. Very good news as we will get to see the cars twice on route.
Hope to see many of you then.
Old 16 May 2023, 06:48 (Ref:4156346)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Iain, I'll stick this thread later.
Old 19 May 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4156852)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
23rd of July for this years show. The Maharajahs Tour will be going ahead as well and i will get the web site updated for entry forms. Very excited this year as the cars will start in Stoke Row and will be making their first stop with me at Nuffield. Very good news as we will get to see the cars twice on route.
Hope to see many of you then.
You never know Iain, maybe ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:25 (Ref:4160059)   #4
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 entries from the Owen family ... XK and Integrale, I'll drive one and Mrs t'other, each of us with a child navigating ... could be fun ... could be stressful!

Looking forward to it, as it has clashed with summer hols for us for last few years.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 06:01 (Ref:4160157)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am told we are at 29 entries so far . Great stuff . Normally goes quiet now and then the whole world want to enter at last Minuit . Thanks for all your support Tenthers ?
Old 6 Jun 2023, 06:21 (Ref:4160161)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4160182)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This years poster by Mathew Young. They get better each year. I believe Mathew will be on the tour with this car.
2023 poster Tour..pdf
Old 6 Jun 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4160231)   #8
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This years poster by Mathew Young. They get better each year. I believe Mathew will be on the tour with this car.
Attachment 77234
I presume you mean the Alfa Giulietta Sprint??
Old 7 Jun 2023, 04:19 (Ref:4160323)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
The 100/4 . John
Old 7 Jun 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4160336)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I presume you mean the Alfa Giulietta Sprint??
You only see what you want to see, John! From this poster the 100/4 and Speedster are huge and in color while the Alfa is grey and tiny. Forza Alfa!
Old 7 Jun 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4160586)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I had a message to inform me that there will be an 80th birthday party at the Brewery on the 23rd for "Bob" who died at the end of last year !
He was looking forward to it but unfortunately didn't make it. His parties were legendary, and although he slowed up in later life they used to start after the pubs chucked out and finished at about 8am or later the next morning !. There was normally 2 bands/ free beer/ food and wine for the duration for up to 200 people !
I have to go for my old sponsor for 40 years of racing and best mate for over 60 years.
I would think that this will be the end, so Iain if I am still fit and well I will look forward to going next year if you are still having it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jun 2023, 06:35 (Ref:4160643)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
No worries Gordon . Let’s hope Bob has a great birthday .
Old 26 Jun 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4165542)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just under a month to go and we still have space for anyone wanting to do the tour. This morning we ere up to 41 but if anyone else is interested just go to the Craven Motor Club web Site and look under Events for entry form. Hope to see you on the 23rd. Best wishes iain.
Attached Images

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 26 Jun 2023 at 13:16.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4169155)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Weather getting better all the time for the weekend, Hope to see any of my Tenther friends on Sunday.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4169157)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Comet at Brands 2023.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	77600. This little 500 will be on display.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4169160)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Weather getting better all the time for the weekend, Hope to see any of my Tenther friends on Sunday.
Yup, my entry is confirmed.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4169228)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoping to make it as a spectator. I've wrested my ZR160 off Mrs MM so at least it's a "classic-ish" vehicle rather than my Little Orange sh*t box van.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jul 2023, 07:05 (Ref:4169256)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Great Max . Don’t suppose you could bring a couple of karts and do an interview about karting . Just thinking
Old 21 Jul 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4169266)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Great Max . Don’t suppose you could bring a couple of karts and do an interview about karting . Just thinking
On the back of that, why not come earlier, then you can navigate my car in the rally.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4169339)   #20
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On the back of that, why not come earlier, then you can navigate my car in the rally.
Would love to, but I've got to drop Mrs MM off as she's on a charabanc tour with her band. Bus goes at 10 and it's a couple of hours.

Old 21 Jul 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4169340)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Well I was going to bring the MG not the van TBH. Have a nice drive for once!

Old 22 Jul 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4169440)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What time does the action start tomorrow?
Old 22 Jul 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4169441)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Early Grant . Cars are leaving me at 10 am .?
Old 22 Jul 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4169448)   #24
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Early Grant . Cars are leaving me at 10 am .?
Crikey,

Better go out in the rain and check my leaking tyre, then head off and fill the tank then.
Old 22 Jul 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4169452)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Filled the Jaag yesterday. Was going to wash it but no need!
Closed Thread