Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jan 2001, 10:04 (Ref:60714)   #1
PBrock
Rookie

PBrock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes thats right race fans just 26 more days to go till the v8s roar again! Round one of the konica V8 series kicks of at wakefild park. This year is gonna be great. I just cant wait. Its too hard to pick a winner so whats everyones thoughts for whats in stall for both the konica series and shell series.

GO THE ALL MIGHTY HOLDENS!
Old 28 Jan 2001, 10:39 (Ref:60723)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your lucky. The BTCC doesn't start for 72? days and I'm so excited to see the new formula racing.
Old 28 Jan 2001, 10:48 (Ref:60728)   #3
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust me this year is going to be quick, if you are the same age as me (15) then it will be quick thinking this is the shortest time at school.
Old 28 Jan 2001, 11:53 (Ref:60742)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It should be good. While at Wakefield today they said entries were already up to 30.
Old 28 Jan 2001, 12:55 (Ref:60754)   #5
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Larsen-forget my GCSE's, the BTCC starts before them, and the BTCC is much more important!!!!!! It will come quickly around!
Old 29 Jan 2001, 07:24 (Ref:60939)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Elephino: Indeed, if you have a gander at the Silly Season over at Accelerate (http://www.qrda.asn.au) every man and his dog if running in the Konica Series, and I'd image they are going to have trouble fitting them all in to some of the circuits....

By the way, how does Wakefield look after their Christmas working bee??
Old 29 Jan 2001, 07:43 (Ref:60942)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's going to go to this forst round at Wakefield ?

We should try and meet up as a group perhaps ?
Old 29 Jan 2001, 09:51 (Ref:60950)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash,
Wakefeild is looking pretty good now.Ive been to about a dozen meetings there, but this was the first one where I actually went as just a spectator. This would have to be one of the best spectator circuits in the country. You sit on the hill on the opposite side of the pits and no matter where you sit you can see the whole circuit. the hill could do with a bit of shade though, got a littlre bit burnt.There are trees planted but they are a bit small just yet. Sorry for answering your question elephino, but i would also like to here your opinion about the circuit improvements as well.

Buckshot,
I will be trying my hardest to get there for the Konica series. I will let you know closer to the date

mtpanorama
Old 29 Jan 2001, 12:31 (Ref:60982)   #9
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there. Hopefully I will have recovered from the sunburn by then.

It doesn't look too bad apart from the unfortunate burn marks on one building.

They did announce possible pre-qualifying. I assume due to the lack of pit spaces...the straight is only so long.
Old 31 Jan 2001, 09:13 (Ref:61291)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ill be at wakefeild for the Konica series as well. Spoke to the minister for finance and transport and told her not to book anything that weekend and she said fine, as long as she can drop me off and go to canberra shopping. We have to make some sacrifices.

I will aslo remember the 20lt drum of sunscreen this time.

We will have to organize to meet somewhere during the day when it gets closer to the weekend. Somebody remember to post a new thread.
mtpanorama