Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Oct 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2310702)   #1
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max Wilson

Anyone else think BJR would be far stronger with McConville/Wilson combination throughout the whole season?

They would automatically become my favourite team - love the way Max drives.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 03:46 (Ref:2310715)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max showed well at PI and Bathurst definatly showed what a hack the woops cars were, i would think about giving him the WOW car and McConville the BOC but i can't see Andrew being let go in a hurry.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 04:00 (Ref:2310727)   #3
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is interesting that the rings-ins drove better than the main team in a few occasions.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 04:19 (Ref:2310730)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Anyone else think BJR would be far stronger with McConville/Wilson combination throughout the whole season?

They would automatically become my favourite team - love the way Max drives.
What about reuniting Max and Bargs at BJR.I'm sure they would be better than the current drivers.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 04:35 (Ref:2310741)   #5
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Max's performance on the weekend was outstanding. That is the best result the BJR cars have had since Cam's podium in Adelaide. He was the second fastest Holden behind Furphy, and substantially quicker than Jones Jnr.

Given Max's relationship with the people at WOW, this puts enormous pressure on BJR and makes Jones Jnr accountable. I can't see WOW wanting Jones in the squad given another lacklustre result on the weekend. Even if Dad does own part of the team....

Or Wow goes elsewhere with Max in tow... SBR ?
Old 13 Oct 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2310746)   #6
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood-duck
I think Max's performance on the weekend was outstanding. That is the best result the BJR cars have had since Cam's podium in Adelaide. He was the second fastest Holden behind Furphy, and substantially quicker than Jones Jnr.

Given Max's relationship with the people at WOW, this puts enormous pressure on BJR and makes Jones Jnr accountable. I can't see WOW wanting Jones in the squad given another lacklustre result on the weekend. Even if Dad does own part of the team....

Or Wow goes elsewhere with Max in tow... SBR ?
Yes, Max and Bargs both showed what they can do if given the right equipment.

Not sure if Andrew Jones will get the flick......another son of a team owner taking a good seat at someone else expense......some team owners never learn.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 05:00 (Ref:2310750)   #7
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max could out drive Jones any day.

Got invited to a sponsor day many moons ago, and the said co-driver of Mr. Jones at the time was putting on a better show than him and showing more skill and technique as well.

He only won a Development Series championship because he had the more superior car, team and engineering team behind him than more of the other blokes out there. Won it, then went to GRM with a hand full of empty promises about what he'll do and ended up getting let go because he didn't meet the mark. He'd probably still say he never the chance to prove himself. Yeah right!!
Old 13 Oct 2008, 05:24 (Ref:2310762)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets not let this get grubby...

Mr Wilson did the best job of the 4 drivers at BJR at Bathurst... he did spin some in practice & qualifying though, just to remind you of the former WPS days...

Had Mr B.Jones (who was consistent and drove well for someone out of the seat for so long..) not been elbowed bigtime out of the Cutting and sustained some damage... they were on track for a podium...

I would think if Holden makes good on the rumour that Mr McConville is off to other WP pastures next season... BJR could do worse than consider Mr Wilson for the seat
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Oct 2008, 06:10 (Ref:2310776)   #9
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max has shown on several occasions he can be extremely fast but he seems to also have extremely poor judgement always getting tangled up with other drivers.

His drive at Bathurst was outstanding but only because he didn't do anything stupid for once.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2310882)   #10
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
Max has shown on several occasions he can be extremely fast but he seems to also have extremely poor judgement always getting tangled up with other drivers.

His drive at Bathurst was outstanding but only because he didn't do anything stupid for once.
He probably has trouble seeing over the dash
Old 13 Oct 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2311026)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apart from only a couple of good results in a fair few full time seasons, why was the finger finally pulled out on the weekend? He wouldn't be without a drive if he used to drive like that all of the time!
Old 14 Oct 2008, 01:19 (Ref:2311757)   #12
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Lets not let this get grubby...

Mr Wilson did the best job of the 4 drivers at BJR at Bathurst... he did spin some in practice & qualifying though, just to remind you of the former WPS days...

Had Mr B.Jones (who was consistent and drove well for someone out of the seat for so long..) not been elbowed bigtime out of the Cutting and sustained some damage... they were on track for a podium...

I would think if Holden makes good on the rumour that Mr McConville is off to other WP pastures next season... BJR could do worse than consider Mr Wilson for the seat
Where did the rumour of McConville come from? I have heard about the Dumbrell/R.Kelly Split as of next year. Could McConkey find himself in a HSVDT Commodore for 2009?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Oct 2008, 05:52 (Ref:2311859)   #13
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not forgetting Barg's VCRT Commodore win, both Max and Bargs were probably in the BEST cars they had ever driven at Bathurst. The WP supported Commodores would have been miles ahead of their recent WPS Falcons (old Gibson cars).

Like many mid-pack and backmarker runners, these guys would have been screaming out for years to have a shot in a "factory type" car. They finally got their chance, and both did VERY WELL with it.