Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 16 Sep 2001, 04:25 (Ref:146855)   #1
Borzacchini
Rookie

Borzacchini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is too much to take in one week...

Alex Zanardi had an apalling accident today in Germany's CART manche. Doctors think that he will probably survive but they had to amputate both legs.

I am in real shock by this . Alex was my favourite driver since I saw him in F3000 in 1991. When he won those 2 CART titles I was over the moon. He was my heroe. After Gregg Moore and Gonzalo Rodriguez died I was also devastated. But this is really as much as I can take. Motorsport is my favourite sport but sometimes it can really disgust me.

This is really too much to take in one week...

I feel so sick about this , I think I even have to puke. We already lost Michele Alborteo this year, I hope Alex will survive this and be able to recover and still lead a happy liffe with his wife and kids that he adored so much. He was even considering retiring so that he could spent more time with them. Sad...
Old 16 Sep 2001, 11:32 (Ref:146904)   #2
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw this on BBC Teletext last night. It has such importance that it made the World news, with was dominated by those awfull attacks.

I can only hope that Alex can recover quickly and live a relatively normal life.

Good luck Alex

BTW, the track there has already claimed lives, a marshall was run over retrieving a broken piece of car.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 12:07 (Ref:146914)   #3
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our thoughts should also be with Alex Tagliani - how must he be feeling right now?
Old 16 Sep 2001, 15:08 (Ref:146989)   #4
Udo
Rookie

Udo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A terrible week and a terrible race. I was there. Never seen anything like this. Let's hope and pray for Alex whom I met the day before. The CART family was in a very depressed mood, which you could feel everywhere. As I was there as a guest of Arciero-Blair I experienced this throughout the meeting.
No more words now, we will need a break.

Udo
Old 17 Sep 2001, 21:02 (Ref:147604)   #5
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson
It has such importance that it made the World news....BTW, the track there has already claimed lives, a marshal was run over retrieving a broken piece of car.
Importance? Not really, it made world news because there was such spectacular video of it all happening...

As for the lives claimed, are you saying a marshal was killed? And isn't this the place where Alboreto died?
Old 17 Sep 2001, 21:33 (Ref:147622)   #6
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Afraid so Ray - Lausitz has already claimed two lives. Alboreto testing an Audi and a marshal in (I think) a DTM race, who was retrieving debris from the track.