Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 8 Mar 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1540697)   #26
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Ring Fencing

Personally I think that the B29 bits and bobs should be in one thread. Then someone needs to look at what is left and decide if it needs further splitting.

I make these comments in the full and certain knowledge that as I am not a moderator it will not be me! I have great admiration for John for taking on the Brabham Thread. Give the bloke a week or three to recover before driving him into the dark recesses of the Chevron B29 thread!

There be dragons!
Old 8 Mar 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1540704)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, appreciated, at last! Thanks, Steve. I'm happy to break any of these threads down if it makes them more suitable and accessible as archived research material, but as you say it needs to be done properly over a reasonable period of time for me to retain my sanity .... oh, wait, that departed years ago!
Old 8 Mar 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1540780)   #28
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,

Massive job , thank you very much , I will start making notes and do an update on the BT30's when the thread is unlocked.

Thanks again , also Allen.

Bryan.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1540817)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll unlock it shortly if everyone is happy with it as it is, and I've added one post that has been requested.
Old 9 Mar 2006, 01:09 (Ref:1540853)   #30
Bryan Miller
Veteran

John/Allen/ Steve, et al .

The B29 thread would be nightmare , the first person that stuffed it up was ME [ sorry about that ] by posting March stuff , then Chris T. got carried away and was joined by David Mc . in very short order.
It only lasted about 4 posts before it degenerated with Modus/ March other Chevron types etc , if definate specific items can be found a home , maybe hive them off , but at this point we really have March stuff scattered far and wide and nowhere to place them . The Modus stuff would be O.K. as we have a long lost thread for them.

However to give John time to return to saner levels , lets see how the Brabham split up goes in the next few weeks.

Regards Bryan.
Old 9 Mar 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1541019)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Right, the requested post has now been added, and the BT30 thread is open for business. I'll keep it 'stuck' up until someone posts on there because if I 'unstick it now, it will disappear off the page!
Old 9 Mar 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1541558)   #32
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I'd like to make the B29 thread into something specifically about Chevrons. Taking the Modii to their own home should be easy enough; other
material could go to the Formula Atlantic Database thread; and then maybe
we'd need a general March Atlantics thread. [could we have Marches by specific
model number when you've got people calling their 712M a 762 because its got a
shovel nose?]

Chris
Old 9 Mar 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1541566)   #33
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really needs someone to go through and identify which posts could/should move.

Allen
Old 9 Mar 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1541662)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
The BT35 thread is now prepared as per the same criteria/parameters as the BT30 thread. A couple of recent posts have been added, as requested. If you guys are happy with it, I'll unlock it tomorrow.
Old 9 Mar 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1541676)   #35
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good to me.

Thanks John.

Allen
Old 9 Mar 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1541985)   #36
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Allen,

I will volunteer to go through B29 thread and advise John Turner what Modus specific posts could be shifted , we can remove them and then see what we are left with , will need a few days , am scheduled to be painting Kitchen and dining rooms this weekend.

Bryan.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1542260)   #37
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Right, Allen, your vote of confidence and no adverse responses, means, I've unlocked the BT35 thread. On to the next one.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1542929)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
BT36 thread now ready. I'll unlock it tomorrow, if all O.K!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1543212)   #39
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I can see you're all out there, so I'll take this opportunity to say that I think we should do this with all the single seater threads where chassis numbers and their history has been discussed.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1543218)   #40
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

You're a brave man! Bryan is already hunting down the Modus stuff in the Chevron B29 thread and there may be other bits that can be surgically removed into a thread of their own. Let's see what he comes up with.

Allen
Old 10 Mar 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1543243)   #41
Bryan Miller
Veteran

As per my brief I went trolling through this thread , and as Steve Wilkinson suggested there certainly are dragons present.

Re Modus , john Turner , if you see this can you advise , Chris started the thread titled ''Racing a la Mode '' is it poss , with Chris's o.k. to re-title ??? to Modus and Argo racing cars history , or similar , as therein is a fair bit of stuff on Argo's and to my mind anyway they are Modus MK 2 ????
This thread is now down on page 9. Anybody have a problem with that suggestion.??

Further , Good old Dan Rear started '' another Chevron thread '', I don't dare look to see what is in there yet , but maybe that needs to be amalgamated with the B29 thread to make it even longer , ha ha ha.

Bryan.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1543258)   #42
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

I think the "Another Chevron one" thread might benefit from renaming too. Isn't it the thread covering the B48 and after?

Allen
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1543261)   #43
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I have no problem renaming the Modus thread if Chris agrees, and, the new title is a more accurate description.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1543263)   #44
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
No problem, other than time and patience! I'm now unlocking the BT36 thread. Incidentally did you realise that Chris had started a BT40 thread here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63115

I suggest you may want me to merge that with the BT40 posts that you have noted for the new thread.

Last edited by John Turner; 11 Mar 2006 at 08:37.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1543272)   #45
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
I think the "Another Chevron one" thread might benefit from renaming too. Isn't it the thread covering the B48 and after?

Allen
Just had a look. It's here. It covers the B42s as well. There is a little Ralt, a little Lola and a little B25 but nothing that can't be trimmed out into another thread if we're feeling really, really tidy one day.

Allen
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1543277)   #46
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

We should keep the conversation about breaking up the B29 thread here or we're just making the B29 thread even worse.

I'd also like to get the Tui thread renamed to match the others. And the Winkelmann-Palliser thread.

Allen
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1543278)   #47
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Well spotted John. There is also a Brabham BT21 thread to which the same question must be applied.

Allen
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1543281)   #48
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

All the BT40 posts from the big Brabham thread pre-date the BT40 thread so I think we'd be safe to merge it.

Chris - what do you reckon?

Allen
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1543282)   #49
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Better still Allen, can we perhaps discuss all the thread breakdowns on the one thread at the top of this page, please? I'll rename it accordingly. In fact, I'm inclined to merge the last few posts here with that one.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:56 (Ref:1543283)   #50
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Pretty much the same story with the BT21 posts in the big thread and the BT21 thread. Just one post post-dates the creation of the BT21 thread and I think that one will plug in fine.

Again, I'd get Chris's thoughts first.

Allen