Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1543284)   #51
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fine. Why not merge them all.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1543289)   #52
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, now done. I know it looks a bit messy but I'm sure you all know what you are talking about even if I don't. I was just getting a bit concerned about clogging up this forum with too many discussions about what we are going to do with the thread topics rather than the topics themselves. I'm sure you understand!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1543475)   #53
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a Brabham BT38 thread on page 8 as well. I had a look at the dates of its posts and they'll work quite well if merged with the 16 BT38 posts out of the BT28/29/30/36/38 thread. All but one of the 16 posts pre-date the thread and the other comes after it stops.

Allen
Old 11 Mar 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1543476)   #54
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
All the BT40 posts from the big Brabham thread pre-date the BT40 thread so I think we'd be safe to merge it.

Chris - what do you reckon?

Allen
Allen, I haven't waited for Chris reply, because given what we are doing here, I think it likely that he will agree and logic dictates that we apply a consistent approach in the formatting (however, if he doesn't, I have retained copies of original). I have removed a few posts from his old thread (Ralt RT1 stuff, which itself could form the basis of another thread) and now merged with the posts you highlighted from the 'BIG' thread.

The one post left intact in all these new threads so far is yours of the 7 Nov 2004 referring to sprints. However, I'm now thinking that it should be pruned in each to the specific chassis model. It is an interesting subject in itself and the original while post could form the basis of Brabham BT Sprint cars, especially if we could get some pics to go with it.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1543478)   #55
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
There is a Brabham BT38 thread on page 8 as well. I had a look at the dates of its posts and they'll work quite well if merged with the 16 BT38 posts out of the BT28/29/30/36/38 thread. All but one of the 16 posts pre-date the thread and the other comes after it stops.

Allen
Ok, no problem, I'll do the BT38 thread now! Should be here within the hour!
Can we get comments on all these threads please, because I din't want to leave too many 'stuck' up. Thanks!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1543518)   #56
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

I'd prefer we didn't have a thread on the Brabham Sprint cars as it will draw attention away from the model-specific threads. But yes, please do prune down each version of the 7 Nov post to take out models not relevant to that thread. Please leave the mystery cars in each version of the post.

Thanks

Allen
Old 11 Mar 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1543519)   #57
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Can we get comments on all these threads please, because I din't want to leave too many 'stuck' up. Thanks!
I'll put an explanatory post on the new BT40 thread as soon as you unlock it. Andrew has prepared something on the BT36s so I'll leave that one to him.

Allen
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1543530)   #58
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

You anticipated my thoughts exactly on BT40s.
I think a separate RT1 thread would be a good idea.
We do have RT4 already somewhere, don't we?

Chris
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1543538)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
OK, BT40 Thread open for business!

Quote:
John

I'd prefer we didn't have a thread on the Brabham Sprint cars as it will draw attention away from the model-specific threads. But yes, please do prune down each version of the 7 Nov post to take out models not relevant to that thread. Please leave the mystery cars in each version of the post.

Thanks

Allen
OK, I'll get pruning!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1543552)   #60
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend
John

You anticipated my thoughts exactly on BT40s.
I think a separate RT1 thread would be a good idea.
We do have RT4 already somewhere, don't we?

Chris
Excellent, thanks, Chris.

Well there's a Ralt RT4 thread here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76157

I've already sent a copy of this thread to the 'Cutting Room' following a comment made, I think by Bryan, that it was a mix of 'Historic Racing Today' and 'Motorsport History' re Ralt chassis. I'll split it, in due course.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1543562)   #61
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

I'm part way through "Another Chevron one". It's a nightmare!!

Allen
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1543681)   #62
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

After taking a good look through Another Chevron one and also Chevron B48, I can't see any way of making a coherent story out of any split of those threads. The "Another Chevron one" thread is unable to focus on any one subject for more than about two posts and a large proportion of the posts address several subjects or address a car where we simply don't know whether it was a B42 or a B48 or a B49 (or a B46 or a B47). However, the basic gist of it is B42s, B48s and B49s. The Chevron B48 thread does at least stick on its subject.

I hate to say this, but the best idea I can come up with is to:
1) merge the Chevron B48 thread into "Another Chevron one"
2) rename it "Chevron B42, B48, B49 and other late Chevrons"
3) lock it!
4) Encourage someone to start new threads on the B42, B48 and B49 along the same lines as Chris's new B20, B25 and B27 threads, starting with a summary of what we know.

Or are 3) and 4) a bad idea?

Allen
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1543684)   #63
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Or, as Steve has just suggested on the thread, have just two new threads, one on the B42 and one on the closely-related B47, B48 and B49 models?
Old 11 Mar 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1543713)   #64
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Do I assume that there are a lot less Chevron chassis per model type?

Just let me know how you want to play this and I'll sort it.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 05:00 (Ref:1544105)   #65
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John and all,

Chevron B29 thread.

Modus items, pages , 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45, 47, 61, 72 but with bits of everything, 104, 110 , 283, 288 the last 3 need to stay and be repositioned as well. Same goes for 72 .

Argo's , 448-458 inclusive.

Ralt RT1'S , 297-304 inclusive.

Tiga's , 402-409 incl, 412-416 incl. 418, 420, 421.

Bryan . finished painting duties , had a few hours to kill.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 07:49 (Ref:1544184)   #66
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thanks, Bryan. I'll complete the Brabhams before I move into these.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1544296)   #67
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes , for sure John, I just had the time available so got that one out of the road , it can sit for however long you wish.
Bryan.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1545002)   #68
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
OK, now done the BT21. Substantial pruning of the posts identified from the originator thread, including the removal of one post which no longer had a relevance (after the pruning!) but the 'other' proper BT21 thread needed very little work indeed, but I have kept a copy of it since there is a little bit of Modus stuff in there, as well.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1545314)   #69
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
BT21 Thread now also unlocked.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1546927)   #70
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
BT23 ready and unlocked. Allen/Andrew/Byan, please check and put your usual 'marker' in so that I can 'unstick' it!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1547852)   #71
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
BT28 ready and unlocked.

I've also added a post each to the BT38 and BT40 threads, in accordance with a request from Andrew.

Just the BT29 and Unidentified threads to go!

Gentlemen, I hope you are checking these threads thoroughly, especially those posts that I have edited!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1547861)   #72
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I hope Chris doesn't mind but I have added 'Chassis No. History' to the titles of his Chevron threads in order to get some consistency, and to readily identify these from any other similar threads.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1547863)   #73
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
BT28 ready and unlocked.
Ready but locked?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1547873)   #74
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ooops, sorry! Sorted!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1549240)   #75
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
All new threads now running on the Brabham BTs. I reckon I spent about 20 hours altogether, so with all the time you guys have also spent, a fairly large piece of work, but worth it I reckon. Now the Chevrons?

I'm unsticking the original big BT thread, but will put a note on and lock it; don't think we want any more posts on there! Any non chassis, general BT discussion should be the subject of a new thread.