Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 23 Jul 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1662835)   #1
GTFever
Rookie

GTFever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMS/ALMS/FIA GT/GT3 etc Chassis Numbers

Hi guy's i am new to this forum.

I am working on an archive of GT car information.
Currently i am looking for the chassisnumbers of the GT endurance cars from the ALMS and LMS series (Astons, Saleens, etc..)

Can you help?
Old 23 Jul 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1662843)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
not sure about chassis numbers but a really useful resource is www.racingsportscars.com if you dont already know about it.

take a look in the photo section.....it has a list of almost every gt race ever with pics of each car and their finishing position
Old 23 Jul 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1662859)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is for current cars so it can stay here for a while.

However you may be interested in 10-10ths Chassis History Archive forum.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 19:34 (Ref:1662873)   #4
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Viper GTS-R*** should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a lot of Chassisnumber of cars who taken part in LMS and ALMS...
Cars: Saleen S7R, Aston Martin DBR9, Chrysler Viper GTS-R, BMW M3 GTR E46, Lister Storm GT...
Interested? Mail me on speedfastcar@hotmail.com
Greetz
Thomas.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1662878)   #5
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Here some of my list's... wanne know more? Just send me a mail..
Offcourse there list's are not 100% complete..
Lister Storm GT

Aston Martin DBR9

Saleen S7-R:
Old 23 Jul 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1662995)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
This is for current cars so it can stay here for a while.

However you may be interested in 10-10ths Chassis History Archive forum.
There is no age limit on cars for the chassis history. Ultimately, we are looking for info. on the newer cars as well, since if we can document them early on, there may not be so many unsolved mysteries or dubious identities in the future. I, too, have a particular interest in the GT cars, so rest assured that details posted here will be pinched for the archive, with due accrediation to the poster, of course!
Old 23 Jul 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1662997)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We'll give it a short time here and then I'll send it over to you John
Old 24 Jul 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1663386)   #8
GTFever
Rookie

Thanx so far.
I will post my chassis numbers wednessday.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 00:48 (Ref:1663786)   #9
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette Chassis Numbers

On my web site I have many Corvette chassis numbers, starting with the 1960 Cunningham Le Mans cars and including the 1962 Le Mans car (below), the 1963 Grand Sports, the amazing 1968 - 1975 Greder Le Mans cars and all the C5-R and C6.R cars:

Corvette Racing History

Anyone may use the chassis number information but I would appreciate appropriate credit.

David

1962 Corvette Le Mans

Scuderia Scirocco USA/GB of Modena entry by Hugh M. Powell, a racing enthusiast from California. Drivers were Tony Settember (an American Formula 1 driver) and Jack Turner (a British racer and car builder).

How many of you knew that a Corvette raced at Le Mans in 1962?

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1664401)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great site, David. Thanks for your very kind offer but since you have provided a pretty comprehensive history, I am simply going to place two thread titles in the Chassis History archive, one for the C5-R and one for the C6-R, and link them to the relevant pages. Obviously, in the unlikely event anyone posts info on there which you don't already have, please feel free to update your own site from it, although it would be good in that event if you, reciprocally, identify us as the source!
Old 26 Jul 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1665065)   #11
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Great site, David. Thanks for your very kind offer but since you have provided a pretty comprehensive history, I am simply going to place two thread titles in the Chassis History archive, one for the C5-R and one for the C6-R, and link them to the relevant pages. Obviously, in the unlikely event anyone posts info on there which you don't already have, please feel free to update your own site from it, although it would be good in that event if you, reciprocally, identify us as the source!
John, glad you liked the site, thanks for the kind words here and on the Chassis History forum. I will certainly acknowledge any additional information.

My current "Holy Grail" of chassis numbers is to determine the correct number for the C5-R test mule:

Any information would be very welcome! My speculations on the matter are HERE.

Regards,

Old 26 Jul 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1665117)   #12
GTFever
Rookie

Here some i know:

LMS 2006

Classe 3:

50 – Aston Martin DBR 9 Labre : ?
55 – Saleen S7-R Oreca : ?
63 – Aston Martin DBR 9 Modena : 101?
67 – Ferrari 550 Konvers : #ZFFZR49B000108391
70 – Corvette C6R PSI : #002
72 – Corvette C5R Luc Alphand : #010

Besides that the 3rd Aston Martin BMS car which is stated as nr 8 in a reply here is a DBRS i think, but not sure..
Old 26 Jul 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1665157)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good stuff. To the chassis history forum...
Old 26 Jul 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1665258)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'm 'sticking' this because we need to break this down by marque and model.
I've already set up threads for the C5-R and the CR.6 and need to do the same for the others mentioned on here. If anyone is prepared to take on the task for any of the individual models, please feel free. If not, I'll work on what has been posted here and set up separate threads but it maybe a while before I get around to this. In the meantime if anyone has any additional info to build on what we have, please add it here.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1665271)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfever
Besides that the 3rd Aston Martin BMS car which is stated as nr 8 in a reply here is a DBRS i think, but not sure..
I rather doubt this, since the DBRS9 has its own set of chassis nos. Barwell Motorsport prepare and run the first 3 chassis nos for private owners, and I have actually seen DBRS9/2 and DBRS9/3. The chassis plate nos. are quite prominent since they appear in a window just below the windscreen on the Left hand side. Is that the same for the DBR9?

Not really relevant on a thread for ALMS LMS cars, but I've set myself the task of identifying the DBRS9, so if anyone else has info. about chassis 4 onwards, it will be gratefully received!
Old 26 Jul 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1665301)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I've also copied David's post #11 to the C5-R thread.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 04:49 (Ref:1665586)   #17
GTFever
Rookie

Thanks for picking this up guy's. I have many numbers to share, and i also work on a chassisdatabase. I borrowed some of you're stuff into my site David, tell me if that is allowed or not. Just wanted to show you guy's what i am working on.
Me and a friend are dedicated sim-racers, but also real gt freaks. I plan to build a complete modern GT car overview on the site, like this start with a couple of corvette's :

http://www.scuderiatwente.nl/GTinfo/C5R-003.html

It is just a setup with only 4 cars so far (should be 11). Graphics and so on will change later on.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 04:55 (Ref:1665587)   #18
GTFever
Rookie

Here some i know:

(A)LMS 2006

Classe 3:

50 – Aston Martin DBR 9 Labre : ?
55 – Saleen S7-R Oreca : ?
63 – Aston Martin DBR 9 Modena : 101 ?
67 – Ferrari 550 Konvers : #ZFFZR49B000108391
70 – Corvette C6R PSI : #002
72 – Corvette C5R Luc Alphand : #010

007 - Aston Martin DBR 9 : #1 ?
009 - Aston Martin DBR 9 : #2 ?
3 - Chevrolet Corvette C6-R : #003
4 - Chevrolet Corvette C6-R : #004
25 - Saleen S7R : ??
26 - Saleen S7R : ??

Can you fill in the blank spots?

About the 3rd BMS Aston, i didn't mean it was a DBR. I think it is a DBRS but don't know the chassisnumber.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1666010)   #19
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFever
I borrowed some of your stuff into my site David, tell me if that is allowed or not.
Certainly, you may use any info from my site as long as you credit my site.

Regards,

Old 28 Jul 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1666763)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Saleen S7R

ACEMCO have their two cars, chassis nos 029 & 031 for sale in this week's Autosport (pg 77).
Old 31 Jul 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1669316)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFever
Here some i know:

007 - Aston Martin DBR 9 : #1 ?
009 - Aston Martin DBR 9 : #2 ?
It might be the other way round. DBR9/2 was at the Silverstone Classic over the weekend. It carried the no. 007 and had Enge and Turner over the door apertures. Can we assume that the competition numbers are not swapped between the two cars?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1672887)   #22
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
It might be the other way round. DBR9/2 was at the Silverstone Classic over the weekend. It carried the no. 007 and had Enge and Turner over the door apertures. Can we assume that the competition numbers are not swapped between the two cars?
This Aston has been prepared for the next ALMS race. It might well have been 009 at Le Mans. David Brabham entertained the crowd royally!
Old 29 Sep 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1723348)   #23
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Yes BMS have 3 DBR9 cars!
The 3th one is the 'reserve' car.
Chassis number's of the BMS cars are: #6 #7 #9
Wich wone is the 'reserve' car i dont know fore shure.

#1 Aston Martin Racing
#2 Aston Martin Racing
#6 BMS Scuderia
#7 BMS Scuderia
#9 BMS Scuderia
#101 Team Modena
#102 Race Alliance
#103 Race Alliance
#104 Phoenix Racing
#? Larbre Competition
#? Team Modena (second car)
Old 30 Sep 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1723504)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
This is good; keep it coming.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1728857)   #25
GTFever
Rookie

That is a good addition.

Here the maserati MC12's
2. ZAMDF44B000015439 – 2006 Vitaphone Racing (FIA GT)

3. ZAMDF44B000015440 – 2005 Maserati Corse (ALMS)

4. ZAMDF44B000015441 – 2005 JMB Racing (FIA GT) – 2006 ??

6. ZAMDF44B000015442 – 2004 AF Corse (FIA GT) – Auctioned in 2005, tested for Japan GT 2006 by team Goh, but was not competitive enough.

7. ZAMDF44B000015443 – 2006 Vitaphone Racing (FIA GT)

8. ZAMDF44B000015444 – 2005 JMB Racing (FIA GT) – 2006??

?. ZAMDF44B000012101 – 2006 Pakelo Racing (Italian GT)

?. ZAMDF44B000012102 – 2006 Playteam (Italian GT)

Cars are listed in building order. Dunno about nr.1 and 5, probably testvehicles or sold to private collectors.