Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1960008)   #26
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi,
here is a pic with Sylvain at the phone trying to cntact another ALD owner (the ALD in the tyre store) I willcontact this man ASAP (The car is not so far from my home !)

Old 16 Jan 2008, 15:44 (Ref:2107344)   #27
Couragecougar
Rookie

Couragecougar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Video

I'm really apreciate your car. It was very beautifull!!!!! I have a video of LM 94 showing the ALD in action, if you're interested, Altrought I'm live in Brazil (Extrema - Minas Gerais). Good races for you and your awelsome car!!!!!
Old 25 Feb 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2137520)   #28
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chassis 289-02 was offered recently at the Bonham's Auction at Retromobile.
According to the catalogue, the car is now fitted with a 3.5 Cosworth DFZ.
If needed I got some pictures of the car at the auction exhibition.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2161313)   #29
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
Chassis 289-02 was offered recently at the Bonham's Auction at Retromobile.
According to the catalogue, the car is now fitted with a 3.5 Cosworth DFZ.
If needed I got some pictures of the car at the auction exhibition.
Hi,

I know the history of that car and I have some period pictures. It is a Carbon chassis fitted with the Cosworth 3.5.

It was fully restored. I don't know if the current owner will use the car, but it would be nice to see another ALD racing!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2418437)   #30
tollbar
Rookie

tollbar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racesport View Post
I own the ALD (Automobile Louis Descartes) BMW C2 1989 Chassis #06, the sixth and last alluminium chassis built by ALD.

Summarizing, the chassis #06 (3.5 L6 BMW) built on 1989, raced:
1989: World Championship 480 km of Dijon: Gerard Tremblay/Didier Bonnet: did not qualify
World Championship 480 km of SPA: Francois Wettling / Thierry Lecerf: 22th place
24 Hours of Le Mans: Didier Bonnet/Jan Luc Colin (race number 179): did not qualify
1994: 24 Hours of Le Mans: Sylvain Boulay/Bernard Robin/Dominique Lacaud (race number 7): retired after 96 laps (engine).

Then, as historic car, on 2005: Monza Coppa Intereuropa: Group C/GT Racing race: Carlo Del Conte: Race 1: retired; Race 2: 8th place (first in C2 class)
Le Mans LM Story: WSM Race: Carlo Del Conte: Race 1: did not start; Race 2: 6th place.

I believe that my car is the only survived ALD still running. I know that in France there is one of the two carbon chassis, without engine, in a tyre shop, but I don't have any other infos about other ALD.

I have the photos of all other ALD Cars built ... I know that many of them were destroyed ... someone has infos about surviving chassis?

I would be interested in write down the history of this little enthusisat French driver and contructor (Louis Descartes) and his cars ...

Thank you for you help!
Good Afternoon, I have the original scruitineering ticket issued in 1994 at Le Mans,Send me your address and I'll send it to you. It should be with the car.
Thanks
tollbarracing@star.co.uk