Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 20 May 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2694741)   #26
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A late '82 A/spurt says all 3 works 82 cars were sold to Tomas Lowis von Menar for German F3 I presume? Anyone know who used 'em?
Old 20 May 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2695033)   #27
funformula
Racer

Germany
funformula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
A late '82 A/spurt says all 3 works 82 cars were sold to Tomas Lowis von Menar for German F3 I presume? Anyone know who used 'em?
Regarding the German F3 Championship in 1983 there were Tomas von Löwis in his SA3-Toyota, Rudy Seher in an also Toyota powered SA3 and Andy Wietzke using an Anson SA3 with Alfa Romeo engine.
Old 22 May 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2696111)   #28
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by funformula View Post
Regarding the German F3 Championship in 1983 there were Tomas von Löwis in his SA3-Toyota, Rudy Seher in an also Toyota powered SA3 and Andy Wietzke using an Anson SA3 with Alfa Romeo engine.
Wietzke's car was SA3-05
A/S 12.5.83 p. 54 says Seher's car was "ex Zamanga"; Zamanga had SA3-02 in 1982;
Richard Hamann raced 02 in 1984

Chris
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2706703)   #29
Dan Rear
Veteran

One for Jan Thoelke also I see that year. Was this an SA4?
Old 25 Dec 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2808356)   #30
Nick Harrison
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
Nick Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anson SA1 at Shelsley Walsh in 1978. It came to me as a complete car with Vegantune Twin Cam F3 engine in the Autumn of 1977. Was immediately run for its owner Richard Ward at a Donington Sprint where the Twin Cam cried enough after half a lap.

A 1.5 litre TC on TJ fuel injection was then acquired from Dave Brodie that had run in one of his Run Baby Run creations.

It was sold in 1979 to Eryl Davies who ran it with an 1100cc BD engine until he unfortunately died.

Some years later I heard that Richard Barnes had bought it and was languishing at his SPA Design operation.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nick Harrison; 25 Dec 2010 at 10:34.
Old 25 Dec 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2808376)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I had a call some weeks back from an old racing chum who has a rolling chassis.I will call and get him to come on and post.Hopefully he can now run the car in Derek Bell. Now that HSCC have move the cut off date to 1984 this should be a good opening for some redundant cars sitting around
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3010583)   #32
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This SA4C has surfaced for sale in Germany.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3010621)   #33
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its quite cheap, but I suspect it and all of the Ansons use the very forward positioning of the driver as it was the thing to do at that time. I think it was 1985 that the ruling came out that the drivers feet had to be behind the front axle line. - Which looks and feels much safer. I had an RF84 once with the far forward driving position and I was never happy in it.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3010786)   #34
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
This SA4C has surfaced for sale in Germany.
Seemed a good market for them, Nissen and Konrad drove them amongst others.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3010794)   #35
jonnyrocks
Rookie

United Kingdom
jonnyrocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello I am a new member. I noticed on a previous posting sometime ago you mentioned the name John Brannigan. Having met a chap recently with the same name and had an amazing conversation with him about motor racing I would like to meet up with him again do you have any contact details. He was living in Monte Carlo having moved from Florida could it be the same person that you know.
Cheers Johnny.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3010801)   #36
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrocks View Post
Hello I am a new member. I noticed on a previous posting sometime ago you mentioned the name John Brannigan. Having met a chap recently with the same name and had an amazing conversation with him about motor racing I would like to meet up with him again do you have any contact details. He was living in Monte Carlo having moved from Florida could it be the same person that you know.
Cheers Johnny.
You might want to use the search facility to lookup details of the infamous Mr B. I'm still chuckling about his March Indy 500 adverts int he late 80s and early 90s, and his FVL *ahem* 'team'!
Old 12 Jan 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3010807)   #37
jonnyrocks
Rookie

United Kingdom
jonnyrocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers. Got a couple of leads, Florida John and the March Man? Do you know what his team was called or any sponsors, are they the team which won the championship with Mogan Dempsey??.
Cheers Jonny.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3011656)   #38
mattyaddis
Rookie

England
mattyaddis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
.........plus Matts Karlsson in a Swedish one.......
Does anyone have any images of SA4B's or SA4C's, in particular the car Mats Karlsson drove? I understand Mats competed in the odd race in the '89 European F3 season in one.

Matty
Old 14 Jan 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3011679)   #39
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyaddis View Post
Does anyone have any images of SAo

4B's or SA4C's, in particular the car Mats Karlsson drove? I understand Mats competed in the odd race in the '89 European F3 season in one.

Matty

89? Sounds a bit late
Old 14 Jan 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3011681)   #40
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrocks View Post
Cheers. Got a couple of leads, Florida John and the March Man? Do you know what his team was called or any sponsors, are they the team which won the championship with Mogan Dempsey??.
Cheers Jonny.

Brannigan International Motorsport or somesuch. Won a championship?? I can only think if its a Dempsey then it must have been the Irish Vauxhall Lotus series.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3012902)   #41
mattyaddis
Rookie

England
mattyaddis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
89? Sounds a bit late
I agree, but I have a results sheet for that season with the car.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3013192)   #42
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I agree, but I have a results sheet for that season with the car.
He was optomistic then! good on him
Old 20 Jan 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3014502)   #43
Dan Rear
Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone have any images of SA4B's or SA4C's, in particular the car Mats Karlsson drove? I understand Mats competed in the odd race in the '89 European F3 season in one.

Matty
Matty, OTOH it was in Swedish national colours, light blue, with a yellow stripe on it.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3014594)   #44
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only find 2 events entered by Matts Karlsson with his Anson SA4 in 89

May 7th Mantorp Park DNA
Sept. 10th Knutstorp DNS

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 16 Mar 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3042270)   #45
Dan Rear
Veteran

Having just checked ORC's 1984 F3 season details, an SA4 is entered in early races for Thierry Hierman. It rings bells, though by 84 I was beginning to lose interest in F3 (too many RT3s!). Anyone know about this car? Was it new for '84, or a rebuild of an earlier one? And what about Mr Hierman, I'd never heard of him before or after??
Old 16 Mar 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3042470)   #46
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:

Matty
Karlsson's car was SA4-05
He'd had the car since at least 1985

Chris
Old 22 Mar 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3046573)   #47
Dan Rear
Veteran

He entered it at the early 84 Donny Euro F3 race.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3745524)   #48
Scanline580
Rookie

Scanline580 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello to All,

I'm off to see a SA4 shortly. It has race history in switzerland, and i'm sure more but i've only been communicating via emails, it's now in the UK.

It has a flat floor for the regs, bit of a shame as i'd like to have experienced the full ground effect, but there we go.

Long term, if i get the car, would be to fully re-commission it and with research put it back in it's first race colour scheme, then race it in classic F3.

Apart from Google have you any pointers into finding info on these cars out, they seem to have a good following in the US.

Regards, and glad this thread was started, interesting stuff in the past few pages
Old 20 Jun 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3745534)   #49
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanline580 View Post
Hello to All,

I'm off to see a SA4 shortly. It has race history in switzerland, and i'm sure more but i've only been communicating via emails, it's now in the UK.

It has a flat floor for the regs, bit of a shame as i'd like to have experienced the full ground effect, but there we go.

Long term, if i get the car, would be to fully re-commission it and with research put it back in it's first race colour scheme, then race it in classic F3.

Apart from Google have you any pointers into finding info on these cars out, they seem to have a good following in the US.

Regards, and glad this thread was started, interesting stuff in the past few pages
Is this maybe the ex Lombardi car?
Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3745560)   #50
Scanline580
Rookie

Scanline580 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend View Post
Is this maybe the ex Lombardi car?
Not too sure until I find out more. It's currently yellow with a 17 on the back. Ran a few years back, it has a cowling over the roll hoop I've not seen on others. Currently fitted with an XE