Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 8 Apr 2002, 21:04 (Ref:255124)   #1
cliff wagstaff
Rookie

cliff wagstaff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1930's MG Racer

I know that this is a real long shot but I'm hoping that someone could help. My father-in-law Philip C Adams) used to race an MG (6 cyl - P3?) at various tracks in England including Brooklands and also Ireland in the 1930's. It's his 90th birthday soon and I'm trying to find out if any race results (or even photos) still exist to show his endeavours. Unfortunately my knowledge of this period is non-existant. Does anyone know where I should start looking? All suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks
Old 8 Apr 2002, 22:23 (Ref:255160)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. I've had a look at my Brooklands archive, but Philip Adams isn't coming to light in what I've got. I should state that what I've got is by no means complete, but it suggests to me that we might have to concentrate on club meetings rather than the big BARC races, as I've got most of the reports on those.

Meetings like those organised by the JCC, or LCC might be a good place to start. The MG Car Club might have something in their archive, particularly if the MG was first delivered to him. Alternatively, the Brooklands Society might have something too.

http://www.hartlana.co.uk/brooklands/

for their website.

The Irish connection is intriguing. Again, I can't find him entered for the Ards Tourist Trophy, but there were several well-established races there for which I have seen very little info.

I'll keep looking though.

Anyone else got any suggestions?
Old 9 Apr 2002, 03:57 (Ref:255289)   #3
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pre-war?? like this restored one..
Attached Thumbnails
prewar_mg_600.jpg  
Old 9 Apr 2002, 05:58 (Ref:255304)   #4
strad
Veteran

this R type?
Attached Thumbnails
rtype1.gif  
Old 9 Apr 2002, 06:44 (Ref:255313)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could try the MG Car Club. I'll try to find a link.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 07:10 (Ref:255318)   #6
strad
Veteran

try this one www.mgoctagoncarclub.com/index.htm
Old 9 Apr 2002, 10:47 (Ref:255460)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that Strad.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 18:47 (Ref:255872)   #8
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My pre-war records don't reveal anyone called Adams racing an MG - a Magnette, possibly a K3, would be the most likely model if it was an 1100 six.
The MG Car Club (GB version) runs the MMM Register for these cars and and might be able to help you.
The Club website gives the following contact details for the MMM Register
Tel: 01280 860428
email: george@eagle1798.freeserve.co.uk
Old 9 Apr 2002, 21:06 (Ref:255990)   #9
strad
Veteran

One thing I think is great about this and another forum I visit is that if people have questions there are people who will go the extra mile to help them.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 21:12 (Ref:255999)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry I can't find anything, finding old results is tricky as i've discovered myself!!

But there are some knowledgable people here who i hope can be of help!