Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jan 2004, 14:17 (Ref:837951)   #1
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What to follow and how?

During this summer I was lucky to start being interested in Endurance Racing, when my father bought the AutoHebdo with the LeMans guide for 2003. At roughly the same time MotorsTV aired on my cable service, so my passion for motorsports had its horizons expanded from the normal F1 and WRC.

Now I eagerly search for every bit of information I can find on racing and endurance racing has become a favourite of me. In one or two years, hopefully, I will be posting in the respective Le Mans thread saying I got my tickets confirmed, but whille I wait, can you give me some help on what championships are there and how I can follow them?

I follow FIA GT from Eurosport, but that's about it regarding endurance. Where can I follow ALMS and the new LMES? Sadly MotorsTV was cut out by my cable service, so I don't know where I can see any other races. I'm from Portugal, but I have some foreign TV channels.

Thanks in advance for helping this young fan.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 14:22 (Ref:837961)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport cover the ALMS - normally a 1hr programme a week after the event,normally pretty good too. Of course theres FIA GT, but u know all about that anyway. I understand from a article on DSC today too that there could be a big TV package for the new LMES, so the broadcaster most likely to secure the contract will be Eurosport again.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 14 Jan 2004 at 14:23.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 15:08 (Ref:838002)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Well, cadete, don't worry about telly, even if it's a must when you're far away...

I followed the ALMS' races (and some GARRA races, including Daytona) last year on the computer :
- a window with the live timing and scoring board
- a window with ALMS radio (just great ! Vivid and all !)
- a window with the TT's forum

Believe me, it's much more exciting than the telly !

For MotorsTV : I get it free on Astra, with a digital decoder (and FG1's advises - I don't know what they plan to show, but we had Le Mans 2003 and 1000 kms few weeks ago.

For the FIA-GT races, I'm facinf the telly and the computer alltogether, we shared with Rob (RDJones) some races's starts last years !
Old 14 Jan 2004, 15:54 (Ref:838059)   #4
Cadete
Racer

thanks for the ALMS tips, i should have guessed that...

And I know that MotorsTV shows Le Mans, that's how I saw the 1000km, but now there's no way I can see that I'll have it...
Old 14 Jan 2004, 16:29 (Ref:838127)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Assuming you are in the UK...

The British GT championship is well worth trying to get along to. The '2004 Calendars' thread in the Trackside forum should list the dates. It shares a billing with the F3, and has TVR Tuscans, Ginettas and Caterhams are supports for 2004.

There is a round of the LMES at Silverstone in August as well.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 16:33 (Ref:838134)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cadete
thanks for the ALMS tips, i should have guessed that...

And I know that MotorsTV shows Le Mans, that's how I saw the 1000km, but now there's no way I can see that I'll have it...
Did you try all the channels on Astra ?
Old 14 Jan 2004, 16:34 (Ref:838136)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage
If I can remember, our young mate is from the Iberian peninsula...
Old 14 Jan 2004, 16:51 (Ref:838159)   #8
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Internet is now maybe the most efficient media to follow these series.

During the 1000 kms, they were probably more web journalists than TV or Press ones'

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 14 Jan 2004, 16:58 (Ref:838164)   #9
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey try this link http://www.eurogtseries.com/ then click on the main headline called EURO GT RACES ON THE INTERNET and it will give you lots of info about Euro GT races on the net and includes other races from past and present too

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 14 Jan 2004, 17:58 (Ref:838249)   #10
Cadete
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage

The British GT championship is well worth trying to get along to. The '2004 Calendars' thread in the Trackside forum should list the dates. It shares a billing with the F3, and has TVR Tuscans, Ginettas and Caterhams are supports for 2004.

There is a round of the LMES at Silverstone in August as well.
Like Fab said, I'm from Portugal... the only way I could see the British GTs was from Motors TV and regarding that....

Quote:
Did you try all the channels on Astra ?
I'm afraid I don't know what is Astra...

And Duffacus, thanks for that link, I'm checking that page now.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 06:02 (Ref:838875)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cadete
I'm afraid I don't know what is Astra...
Well, if you got MotorsTV by a satellite, this satellite should be Astra (a German one). We get MotorsTV for free by this one in France. If you set your antenna to Astra (with a numerical device), you'll get the channel... simple !
Old 27 Jan 2004, 08:30 (Ref:851945)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Well, if you got MotorsTV by a satellite, this satellite should be Astra (a German one). We get MotorsTV for free by this one in France. If you set your antenna to Astra (with a numerical device), you'll get the channel... simple !
You should be able to get Astra no problem . The only thing is where you position your satillite dish . We get away with it just about , the signal just clears the corner of our appartment otherwise we would have to move !!! Unless you can get Motors TV on cable tv in your country . Well worth getting in my opinion .