Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3295755)   #2501
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds like it is shifting at around 6000 rpm but with the new high CR,DI ,Turbo
petrol engine with no boost limit,you pretty much have a diesel engine with a little higher redline.

The great engine sounds will be history.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3295758)   #2502
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Sounds like it is shifting at around 6000 rpm but with the new high CR,DI ,Turbo
petrol engine with no boost limit,you pretty much have a diesel engine with a little higher redline.

let's speculate a while about power and torque. I think that will be 600-650Nm @3000-3500rpm with a final power of less than 500hp @ 6000-7000rpm. Combined torque should be over 1000Nm anyway.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3295761)   #2503
Eryk03
Racer

Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.Eryk03 Is an idiot mouth breather.
Petrol engines make more sense because Audi make diesel engines uncompetitive.
In the end it came to be that petrol P1 makes more laps on tank than diesel.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3295763)   #2504
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the sentence, but audi making uncompetitive diesel engine is very unlikely. Toyota would be happy if this was true. About fuel miliage, in 2012 audi r18 could do 12 laps at le mans like almost all other petrol lmp1. This year, audi had to consume more diesel to have a more powerfull engine, so 10 laps per stint.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3295770)   #2505
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say, I'm very impressed with Porsche in many ways already.

In fact, I'm almost inclined to give them the title of favourite for next year.

That seems pretty ludicrous right now, particularly as it'll be their first year back, but the fact they've been testing the new car for quite a while, well before Audi and Toyota have, makes me think they'll be very competitive from the word go in the WEC next year. Unlike Toyota, expense doesn't seem to be (as much as) an issue.

Plus it is clear Porsche won't be at Le Mans to make up the numbers. Their whole promotion for this new project has been based on previous success, and surely, it'll be bad for them if they aren't in contention for the win in their first year.

Sure, it'll be difficult, but it is just an inkling I have. If I was Audi and Toyota, I'd be pretty worried.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3295771)   #2506
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the sentence, but audi making uncompetitive diesel engine is very unlikely. Toyota would be happy if this was true. About fuel miliage, in 2012 audi r18 could do 12 laps at le mans like almost all other petrol lmp1. This year, audi had to consume more diesel to have a more powerfull engine, so 10 laps per stint.
I'm assuming that Eryk meant that there's no point running a diesel because Audi are too good at diesels...... If he didn't mean that, I don't understand either!
Old 29 Aug 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3295775)   #2507
avvelenamento
Racer

If the meant something like:
Petrol engines make more sense because Audi make other diesel engines uncompetitive.

Reasonable, but not always true as well. V12 and V8 turbo diesel Peugeot were more powerfull than V12, V10 and V6 turbo diesel Audi.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3295794)   #2508
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, maybe so.....
Old 29 Aug 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3295803)   #2509
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Petrol Hybrid (Porsche) vs Diesel (Audi). That's what endurancesportscar reckon. It would be fantastic.
And with these two heavy-weights on opposite sides of the petrol/diesel BOP fence, one must think that a solution to the parity issue will be worked out.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3295835)   #2510
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sounds quiet, hopefully Toyota (and Rebellion) has the larger V8 next year so we get some 'rumble' from them if there is no 'screamers' on the grid
Old 29 Aug 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3295840)   #2511
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
And with these two heavy-weights on opposite sides of the petrol/diesel BOP fence, one must think that a solution to the parity issue will be worked out.
When looking at the 2014 regs, obviously it has been "worked out". But the post you quoted is from the 1st page of this thread...
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3295853)   #2512
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Sounds quiet, hopefully Toyota (and Rebellion) has the larger V8 next year so we get some 'rumble' from them if there is no 'screamers' on the grid
I thought Rebellion had confirmed they were continuing with the 3.4l V8.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3295864)   #2513
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm quite surprised with the sound... Let's hope it's just some sort of silencer.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3295933)   #2514
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Pretty much bit still somehow leaving the door open: ...the REBELLION R-ONE will be powered by a TOYOTA engine. Final specification of the updated TOYOTA RV8KLM engine, which will power the REBELLION R-ONE will be confirmed at a later date.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3295940)   #2515
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Any which way things are going to be for 2014, we'll have a very intense battle between 3 of the worlds biggest manufacturers going head to head, all carrying in the proximity of 850 bhp, going like the provurbial lightningbolt.

I do hope though, that the Porsches will be sounding like Jaguars CX-75: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7-TDu3i6oQ
Old 30 Aug 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3295972)   #2516
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sounds alot like a short shifted Porsche RS Spyder from the Jag onboards.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 03:28 (Ref:3295990)   #2517
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear it almost sounds Identical to L5/esm's p2 hpd.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 04:38 (Ref:3295999)   #2518
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
To add to what Deggis said, in another interview Hayden alluded to leaning toward a larger displacement lower revving engine.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3296023)   #2519
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
I have to say, I'm very impressed with Porsche in many ways already.

In fact, I'm almost inclined to give them the title of favourite for next year.

That seems pretty ludicrous right now, particularly as it'll be their first year back, but the fact they've been testing the new car for quite a while, well before Audi and Toyota have, makes me think they'll be very competitive from the word go in the WEC next year. Unlike Toyota, expense doesn't seem to be (as much as) an issue.

Plus it is clear Porsche won't be at Le Mans to make up the numbers. Their whole promotion for this new project has been based on previous success, and surely, it'll be bad for them if they aren't in contention for the win in their first year.

Sure, it'll be difficult, but it is just an inkling I have. If I was Audi and Toyota, I'd be pretty worried.

Dr. Ullrich has declared, interviewed by the magazine Le Mans Racing (issue #77), Porsche will be the huge and tough challenge for Audi. Mr. Audi is not the man whot talks just to talk, and this means he knows Porsche is working to a competitive project. Anyway, he has admitted there isn't any know-how swapping between Porsche and Audi, and each of them is working in the maximum secret.
Audi is advantaged due to its recent, winning and long experience in LMP1, but Porsche is advantaged due to the longer time they're working on the new car.
In 2014 rules will be new for all, and having a very well proven car, could be a real step forward in confront of the opponents.
We don't know anything about the engine Porsche will fit in the car (only speculations), but engine is tested since mid-2012!
In 2012 Audi and Toyota were both working full-time on their R18 and TS-030, while Porsche was full-time working on its 2014 spec LMP1.
So, Porsche will be a serious contender in 2014, and will not be there just to fill the grid.
If Porsche had debuted with the actual rules, in 2014, they would have been disadvantaged against Audi and Toyota experience. With 2014 new rules, differences will be attenuate.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 30 Aug 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3296037)   #2520
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Dr. Ullrich has declared, interviewed by the magazine Le Mans Racing (issue #77), Porsche will be the huge and tough challenge for Audi. Mr. Audi is not the man whot talks just to talk, and this means he knows Porsche is working to a competitive project. Anyway, he has admitted there isn't any know-how swapping between Porsche and Audi, and each of them is working in the maximum secret.
Audi is advantaged due to its recent, winning and long experience in LMP1, but Porsche is advantaged due to the longer time they're working on the new car.
In 2014 rules will be new for all, and having a very well proven car, could be a real step forward in confront of the opponents.
We don't know anything about the engine Porsche will fit in the car (only speculations), but engine is tested since mid-2012!
In 2012 Audi and Toyota were both working full-time on their R18 and TS-030, while Porsche was full-time working on its 2014 spec LMP1.
So, Porsche will be a serious contender in 2014, and will not be there just to fill the grid.
If Porsche had debuted with the actual rules, in 2014, they would have been disadvantaged against Audi and Toyota experience. With 2014 new rules, differences will be attenuate.
You can be sure that Audi have been working on their 2014-spec engine+hybrid configuration for some time also. If I recall correctly, the V6 TDI engine was track-tested well before 2011 in an R8 test mule. Who knows what has been track-tested by Audi in all secrecy ? Who knows what was really under the #4 Audi that was run by Audi during the LM Test Day ?

Without any doubt, Porsche are well on track and will be a strong contender next year. Everything bodes well for a great 2014 season. I am looking forward to it.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3296038)   #2521
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be a grave mistake indeed for Porsche to underestimate the opposition. Be it Audi or Toyota. This is a mistake that I doubt Porsche will make.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3296043)   #2522
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
It would be a grave mistake indeed for Porsche to underestimate the opposition. Be it Audi or Toyota. This is a mistake that I doubt Porsche will make.
I don't think Porsche has underestimated Audi and Toyota! Only a mad may do this... and Porsche is all but a mad! But Porsche has proven his skill in LMP with RS Spyder program... The only thing for sure, is the show we'll see in 2014.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 30 Aug 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3296064)   #2523
avvelenamento
Racer

Audi and Porsche more or less secretly are already developing and testing their 2014 cars, maybe porsche is a bit little ahead because spent last 12 months focusing only on the 2014 car, while audi had to develope r18 for 2013 season. But is just a little advantage compared to 10 and more years of audi's know how. I fear that toyota is still behind with the development of the 2014 car and if TMG will keep on receiving a low-cost budget, will be hard for them to fight against no more one but two great competitors.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3296079)   #2524
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Apart from Dumas-Bernhard-Jani ..... the following drivers being looked at for remaining seats are

Watts-Martin-Pla-Pilet-Makowiecki-Bourdais-Lieb-Vernay-Conway-Stanaway-Heidfeld .

They only need 1 more driver for WEC ..... but who for Le Mans ?

Wonder if Bourdais has a clash with Indycar for Le Mans , too early to tell .

I would like to se from the following : Lieb-Stanaway-Bourdais .
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3296081)   #2525
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where do you have those names from Badger?