Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jun 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3914786)   #151
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We did well in Aston this morning .1 st in class and P2 . In Group . Not sure how it works but all the team are happy . So was I. 😀
Iain I think I used to race with the owner of the Aston a few years back ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Jun 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3914802)   #152
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result with the Aston Iain👍👍
Old 29 Jun 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3914806)   #153
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone can tell me in which category/grid MG David has entered, please?
Old 29 Jun 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3914807)   #154
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Anyone can tell me in which category/grid MG David has entered, please?
Car #61 in CSCC ‘Classic’........ http://spasummerclassic.com/wp-conte...st_Classic.pdf
Old 29 Jun 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3914814)   #155
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci, Monsieur Bell!!! Do you have the list of cars NOT driven by Iain, please??????
From the results I guess they had some issues but the BLT is fast for such a small engine.

Last edited by Gerard C; 29 Jun 2019 at 18:37.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3914836)   #156
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Gerrard . Brian did that time . I only did 3 flying laps with best of 3 min 14. Brian is blooming good so I’m happy to only be a couple of seconds off . We did well in Aston this morning .1 st in class and P2 . In Group . Not sure how it works but all the team are happy . So was I. 😀
Well done Iain and also for Andrew Park, top 2000 runner and 2nd overall in their 1st race plus pole for race 2 and lap record. There may be some beer consumed tonight in the Park encampment as well as Delta's.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3914841)   #157
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
3 hour P11 and P 3 class . Another trip to the podium . Been a great day .
Old 29 Jun 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3914846)   #158
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Merci, Monsieur Bell!!! Do you have the list of cars NOT driven by Iain, please??????
From the results I guess they had some issues but the BLT is fast for such a small engine.
Yes, it stopped when the banjo bolt on the fuel inlet to the Weber fell out! Very lucky the lot didn't catch fire. Sadly this was just before scheduled driver swap but all fixed now and Iain will start in the morning.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3914852)   #159
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
More than lucky with this kind of thing! I know absolutely noting about your category but from a strict computer point of view you're fast in your field, being in the first third of lap times. There's another Midget slightly faster, what are the main differences between the two cars? What is the weight of a Lenham?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 01:51 (Ref:3914864)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Iain excellent result. Bad luck David but as you say, you can get back out today.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3914875)   #161
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if the “Steve Nichols” in the Historic Monoposto race is the former McLaren designer? I know that he used to race in FF2000.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3914878)   #162
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
3 hour P11 and P 3 class . Another trip to the podium . Been a great day .
Brilliant result Iain, for you both. Keep up the good work. 👍👍
I have some demo laps here around mid day so won't be making the journey over I'm afraid.
You had best eat the Cross ants before they go stale. 😂
Old 30 Jun 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3914892)   #163
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Have I missed something? BLT? I know Mrs MGD makes some lovely food but christening the car after a sandwich has baffled me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jun 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3914894)   #164
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Anyone know if the “Steve Nichols” in the Historic Monoposto race is the former McLaren designer? I know that he used to race in FF2000.
Yep
Old 30 Jun 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3914896)   #165
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
That's more like it; solid start by Iain got us up to 29th from a row 22 start. Obviously enjoyed himself as he stayed out an extra lap! Not particularly brilliant driver swap but car went well and we finished 31st (4th in class). Sector times make interesting reading. Still no sign of cloud yet alone rain, is this really Spa?
Old 30 Jun 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3914897)   #166
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
As delta says. Very down to earth man! And a bit of trivia for you- the Delta FF2000 was designed by Patrick Head.....
Old 30 Jun 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3914898)   #167
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
That's more like it; solid start by Iain got us up to 29th from a row 22 start. Obviously enjoyed himself as he stayed out an extra lap! Not particularly brilliant driver swap but car went well and we finished 31st (4th in class). Sector times make interesting reading. Still no sign of cloud yet alone rain, is this really Spa?
Good to hear you both got a stint! And as for the lack of rain, I guess that’s being saved up for the end of September.....
Old 30 Jun 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3914900)   #168
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done guys! Sounds like the usual hoot.

Old 30 Jun 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3915022)   #169
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Have I missed something? BLT? I know Mrs MGD makes some lovely food but christening the car after a sandwich has baffled me.
Sorry, my bad, this means Best Lap Time in my own words. Nothing to see with wonderful home made food, indeed.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3915071)   #170
midgetman
Veteran

Of course! Simples! Sorry for being so dense

Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3915185)   #171
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max, do you know what sounds good with those best lap times? Even the very last of any race gets his! Fair enough, I've huge file record!
Old 1 Jul 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3915284)   #172
midgetman
Veteran

Ah best lap times are so fickle Gerard. They depend on the weather, the track conditions, who else is on track. So every day you can allow yourself a small celebration at having done your best lap time - "because the track was slower than last race meeting so being two seconds off my BLT is actually very good."

What's important to know is who was quicker, Delta or MGD?

Old 1 Jul 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3915286)   #173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What I find really refreshing on this forum is that mainly people speak their truth. MGD (for MG David…) makes no secret about his car and, even better, he looks at the sector times. This is very interesting as it gives less importance to the power or at least let you know where the engine is more/less important.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3915296)   #174
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I have always rated Dave as a top club race driver and this is now confirmed having shared the Sprite with him this weekend . Dave went firstvin Qualy and did a few laps. Handed over to me shouting don’t worry about the handling and the brakes . Off I go and get to Le Combe and the marshals are waving fire exstinguishers at me . Am I on fire . Kept looking around and all seemed ok I then get marshals at Stavelote doing the same .,Better pit ,well kept looking around and still no fire . Better carry on get back up to Le Combe and there he is again hecis again jumping up and down with extinguisher . This is a worry but again I can’t see any flames . Carried on and realised that on right handers we were getting oil onto exhaust so this is why they were so excited . I have to say I could not get on with the car at all as she leot around all over the place . That was Qualy and Dave set best time . We had a chat after and Dave wound up the rear dampers to just of Maxium. Dave started first race Saturday and was flying until fuel leak and he stopped out on track . Second race and top bloke that he is he let me start .,Well the little Sprite was a different car . I had the most fun passing car after car and string the best lap . Handed over to Dave and he kept our position but then had difficulties selecting 3 rd at end of Kemmel straight . I have a couple of ideas to improve handling and can only wish I get invited back to drive again. Just the best fun
Old 1 Jul 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3915342)   #175
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
I have always rated Dave as a top club race driver and this is now confirmed having shared the Sprite with him this weekend . Dave went firstvin Qualy and did a few laps. Handed over to me shouting don’t worry about the handling and the brakes . Off I go and get to Le Combe and the marshals are waving fire exstinguishers at me . Am I on fire . Kept looking around and all seemed ok I then get marshals at Stavelote doing the same .,Better pit ,well kept looking around and still no fire . Better carry on get back up to Le Combe and there he is again hecis again jumping up and down with extinguisher . This is a worry but again I can’t see any flames . Carried on and realised that on right handers we were getting oil onto exhaust so this is why they were so excited . I have to say I could not get on with the car at all as she leot around all over the place . That was Qualy and Dave set best time . We had a chat after and Dave wound up the rear dampers to just of Maxium. Dave started first race Saturday and was flying until fuel leak and he stopped out on track . Second race and top bloke that he is he let me start .,Well the little Sprite was a different car . I had the most fun passing car after car and string the best lap . Handed over to Dave and he kept our position but then had difficulties selecting 3 rd at end of Kemmel straight . I have a couple of ideas to improve handling and can only wish I get invited back to drive again. Just the best fun
They are fun for such little cars, aren't they? Sounds like you had an absolute ball, I always preferred racing my Midget to the MGB, so much more chuckable.