Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 Jul 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3756251)   #1
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari in formula E?

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/f...rest-formula-e

Ferrari President Sergio Marchionne has confirmed that Ferrari is looking at joining Porsche and Formula 1 rivals Mercedes in signing up to race in Formula E in the near future.
Speaking after watching the Formula 1 a team secure a 1-2 finish in the F1 Hungarian Grand Prix, Marchionne talked briefly of his interest in the championship saying, “In the wider sense of what we do with cars between Maserati, Alfa (Romeo) and Ferrari, we are looking at this with interest. Maybe with one of the others -- not Fiat -- but Alfa or Maserati.”
Old 2 Aug 2017, 00:37 (Ref:3756814)   #2
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
http://autoweek.com/article/racing/f...rest-formula-e

Ferrari President Sergio Marchionne has confirmed that Ferrari is looking at joining Porsche and Formula 1 rivals Mercedes in signing up to race in Formula E in the near future.
Speaking after watching the Formula 1 a team secure a 1-2 finish in the F1 Hungarian Grand Prix, Marchionne talked briefly of his interest in the championship saying, “In the wider sense of what we do with cars between Maserati, Alfa (Romeo) and Ferrari, we are looking at this with interest. Maybe with one of the others -- not Fiat -- but Alfa or Maserati.”
Since it was just announced that Maserati will be going all electric or hybrid I will put my money on them in FE and Alfa Romeo in F1.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 02:10 (Ref:3757506)   #3
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I predict Maserati will head to Formula E by 2019, once their full electric range has been put into production. FIAT will purchase shares into Sauber to create Sauber-Alfa Romeo with Charles Leclerc alongside Marcus Ericsson, perhaps Giovinazzi instead should FIAT purchase Ericsson's shares in the team.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 00:39 (Ref:3757891)   #4
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
at least the first bit.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 22:48 (Ref:3758283)   #5
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
@hondafan37

As ever, you see but do not observe. To you, the world remains an impenetrable mystery, whereas to me it is an open book. Hard logic versus romantic whimsy. That is your choice. You fail to connect actions to their consequences. Now for the last time. If you want to keep the rattle, do not throw the rattle. Indeed Ferrari will not enter in Formula E. Big sister will.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 01:14 (Ref:3758298)   #6
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New thought. FCA owns Magnetti Marelli, who have their own FE powertrain for customers, not that anyone bit.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3758641)   #7
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari is already present in Formula E.

Mahindra runs with Magnetti Marelli electric engines, and they win races.

Magnetti Marelli belongs to FIAT-Chrysler Automotive FCA. It is a subsiduary.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e...hindra-689172/
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3758887)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post

But it is not the Ferrari brand. There is a difference between a subsidiary supplier and a full blown entry.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3759059)   #9
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
New thought. FCA owns Magnetti Marelli, who have their own FE powertrain for customers, not that anyone bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post

Hi? Can you see me?
Old 14 Aug 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3759353)   #10
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think people are confused. Ferrari have unequivocally said that electric cars are anathema to their vision. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Ferrari was separated from Fiat, and hence from FCA, in 2016. It is largely still owned by FCA shareholders, but that's different from being a part of FCA. Magneti Marelli is still part of FCA.

So all of the above is based on a faulty premise. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles may come into FE, probably through Maserati, but Ferrari will wait until hell freezes over first.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3759380)   #11
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I think people are confused. Ferrari have unequivocally said that electric cars are anathema to their vision. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Ferrari was separated from Fiat, and hence from FCA, in 2016. It is largely still owned by FCA shareholders, but that's different from being a part of FCA. Magneti Marelli is still part of FCA.

So all of the above is based on a faulty premise. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles may come into FE, probably through Maserati, but Ferrari will wait until hell freezes over first.
I think you are right that if FCA enters FE, the brand will most likely be Maserati. However, Ferrari's listing a couple of years' ago is no guarantee whatsoever that Ferrari will stay out. That crucially depends on how popular FE in particular, and electric cars in general, become in the future. A listed company is less insulated from "market opinions" than a brand managed within a corporate system.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3759427)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Why Maserati?! Not the correct brand.
Surely Fiat or Lancia or even Alfa would be the best one considering the reach of the series.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 23:46 (Ref:3759442)   #13
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Why Maserati?! Not the correct brand.
Surely Fiat or Lancia or even Alfa would be the best one considering the reach of the series.
As from 2019/2020 all new Maserati will be electric in some capacity, whereas Fiat have only the 500e which is barely marketed, Lancia is a dead brand selling only the Ypsillon (poorly), and Alfa Romeo have no electric cars planned in their new range of cars yet are moving to turbo-charged I4 and V6 hence my suggestion that they'll join F1 as a support team to Ferrari. Thus in terms of FCA brands, only Maserati would make sense in joining Formula E.

https://artofgears.com/2017/08/08/maserati-electric-hybrid-cars-2019/
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3759600)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
@hondafan37

As ever, you see but do not observe. To you, the world remains an impenetrable mystery, whereas to me it is an open book. Hard logic versus romantic whimsy. That is your choice. You fail to connect actions to their consequences. Now for the last time. If you want to keep the rattle, do not throw the rattle. Indeed Ferrari will not enter in Formula E. Big sister will.
Eh?
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3759605)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a Sherlock Holmes quote. The action is a quote, the consequence is to make the poster look like a prat.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3759612)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got it - I should have recognised it!
Old 15 Aug 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3759633)   #17
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's a Sherlock Holmes quote. The action is a quote, the consequence is to make the poster look like a prat.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3759642)   #18
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Old 17 Jan 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3793316)   #19
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari electric supercar will be 'fastest on the market,' Marchionne says

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...mail-ane-daily

Is this approaching Ferrari to Formula E in the future? What do you think?
Old 17 Jan 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3793407)   #20
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Formula E isn't symbolic for being fast...
Old 17 Jan 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3793412)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
“If there is an electric supercar to be built, then Ferrari will be the first,” Marchionne said.
That ship sailed a long time ago. In fact the ship has already returned, delivering electric supercars that aren't Ferraris.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 00:22 (Ref:3793452)   #22
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly agree with this statement that he made at the end:

Marchionne predicted that carmakers will have less than a decade to reinvent themselves to survive in the world of new technologies. Premium brands will manage to hold onto their cachet, while makers of run-of-the-mill people transporters will confront disruptors including Tesla or the Waymo robo-vehicle division of Google parent Alphabet.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3793463)   #23
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That ship sailed a long time ago. In fact the ship has already returned, delivering electric supercars that aren't Ferraris.