Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jun 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3826853)   #51
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Getting exciting now with a 10 placer....can't wait till they start handing out 20 placers....
Old 5 Jun 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3826881)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
10 place grid pen for Riccardo as Red Bull confirmed for a MGU-K change
This is getting ridiculous.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 01:30 (Ref:3826886)   #53
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Getting exciting now with a 10 placer....can't wait till they start handing out 20 placers....
Maybe sooner rather than later.... it seems Danny Ric may face more penalties according to Newey
Quote:
“He will definitely be taking some penalties in Montreal, we haven’t heard at the moment just how many.”

“One of things there is whether the battery was damaged or not in Monaco, so until we know that from Renault we don’t know exactly what we’re facing.”
Old 5 Jun 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3826903)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Makes a mockery of qualifying
Old 5 Jun 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3826963)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one race should not negatively affect the next race to such a degree....although it must be said that i do look forward to seeing DR tear through the field as a result.

i know people dont like 'artificial rules' but it has to be said that races tend to be more interesting with out of position cars.

so im not entirely sure how i feel about the whole penalty system and reduced PU part allotments.

i guess if anything i just wished that Merc and Ferrari would eat more of these grid penalties for their title contention drivers.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3826993)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

so im not entirely sure how i feel about the whole penalty system and reduced PU part allotments.
I know exactly how I feel about it........
Old 5 Jun 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3827034)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Maybe the championship should switch from points gain from finishing in the top ten to grid penalty points, ridiculous but that appears to be what the regulations are causing. Or maybe they are handing them out like sweets in order to get some overtaking and excitement in the races.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3827192)   #58
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I know exactly how I feel about it........

to be revisited after we see what DR can do from the back with a fresh power plant!
Old 6 Jun 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3827248)   #59
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Imagine if football teams had penalties for the players having new boots through the season...the whole penalty thing in F1 is just another reason its hard to watch F1 these days.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3827255)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i get the analogy but there is a massive difference in price between shoes and engines...and i believe players get free shoes from their apparel sponsors anyways.

if free engine changes were allowed in F1, Merc would show up with a fresh unit every race and they would, all things being equal, have won even more races...rather this would be like if only one football team was allowed to wear shoes and everyone else had to play barefoot.

unfortunately its been the likes of Honda drivers and to a lessor extent the Renault drivers which have had to suffer the brunt of these penalties so as a fan i also do feel the frustration.

i just also think i would be more frustrated with the sport if Merc were able to fully spend their way to victory...which i guess is what we have now anyways so this is all rather moot.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3827499)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Imagine if football teams had penalties for the players having new boots through the season...the whole penalty thing in F1 is just another reason its hard to watch F1 these days.
When they introduced £30m boots, you can bet this rule will be close behind.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 23:13 (Ref:3827543)   #62
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
When they introduced £30m boots, you can bet this rule will be close behind.
Followed by only being allowed to field 2 players and cutting the playing surface down to a maximum of 30' x 15' synthi turf.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 01:14 (Ref:3827555)   #63
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
I don’t mind being at the back. makes for great overtaking.

Honey Badger will be hunting in Canada.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3833752)   #64
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
5 places for Leclerc.

Whatever happened to this? Is the OP going to update the thread? CBF'd?

Old 30 Jun 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3833756)   #65
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
5 places for Leclerc.

Whatever happened to this? Is the OP going to update the thread? CBF'd?
Are you volunteering to provide the updates instead?
Old 1 Jul 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3833864)   #66
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3 penalty for Vettel impeding Sainz in Q2.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3845824)   #67
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...change-penalty

'Bottas and Hulkenberg both set to start at the back after reaching engine limit'
Old 25 Aug 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3845937)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Here we go again
Old 25 Aug 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3845980)   #69
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they should go full circle and make it one engine per season, and if you break it you get to trundle around at 50kph.

this rule would obviously lead to some of the most engrossing races for 19th place in f1 history.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3846045)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can we have an update on the Grid Penalty Championship please?
Old 7 Oct 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3855284)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

You don’t need to do one for Singapore
Old 10 Oct 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3855978)   #72
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I started updating it, but the numbers just got too depressig
Old 15 Oct 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3857005)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably best to just leave this to fade away then, unless someone else wants to do the updating?
Old 15 Oct 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3857040)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Probably best to just leave this to fade away then, unless someone else wants to do the updating?
It should be updated.
Old 16 Oct 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3857084)   #75
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It should be updated.
I had a look at this briefly and came away with a bunch of questions.

Changing PU elements seems to attract 10 place penalty.
Gearbox elements 5 place penalty.
Unsportsmanlike conduct 3 to 10 points.

Unscheduled power unit change, move to the back of the grid, how many places is that? 10 places? 20 places?

Parc Ferme violation, start in pit lane, how many places is that? 10 places? 20 places?

So Hartley in Russia would be:
Back of grid - X places.
Gearbox change - 5 places.
PU changes - 10 places.

My rationale would be back of grid - 10 places, gearbox change 5 places and a second PU penalty of 10 places, for a total of 25 places. Should it be limited to 20 places?

On this basis, sorry I can't upload a table, my questionable calculations would give the leader board as follows:

Hartley 60 grid places
Ricciardo 41 grid places
Verstappen 38 places
Hulkenberg 35 places

A better indicator of the penalty effects may be Average Qualifying against
Average Grid position? Pit lane start counting as 20th Grid position.

This info may be available on one of the enthusiast sites.