Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Apr 2002, 11:29 (Ref:268309)   #26
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danny,

Why don't you post a link to it? It's difficult to find something with that little information. Just saying "the Times Daily Newspaper in AL" doesn't give us much to go on.

I'm from Alabama and am pretty familiar with Alabama newspapers, and I can't find anything about racecast or NASCAR.COM anywhere, and I assume that is what you're talking about, since all 8 of your posts have been about how you're boycotting it.

I agree with the boycott, but it does get tedious after awhile. Isn't there anything about racing you would like to talk about? I boycott Racecast and NASCAR.COM every day, but other than my sig, which is just a joke anyway, that's about all I have to say about it. I mean, I love racing, but everyone knows NASCAR is all about money, and their official website is no different.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 00:43 (Ref:268982)   #27
Countrybo
Rookie

Countrybo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I did not post the link because I thought you was not allowed to. You had taken down one post of mine that I thought had links in it but I could be wrong. I have been sick lately an not quite myself, so I could be wrong about that. I shall put the link in then. It is: http://www.timesdaily.com/sports/sto...sstories.html. I had to search alittle but I found it. I did a search on their website using RaceCast and found it.

Yes, I am boycotting NASCAR.com, along with quite a few other people. I am sorry if I am redundant, I am just trying to keep the word out and get my point across. I know, that hearing about it ALL the time gets old but like I said, need to keep the word out.

I love racing and have many things I could talk about but when I get on a mission I attend to be heard. I am a HUGE Petty Enterprises fan. Anything to do with Petty, that’s me. I am going down to Daytona in July and hope to meet Richard while I am there. That is my dream to do before I pass from this earth. I have pit passes also, so that will help hopefully.

Everything is all about money. Money is the root of all evil and will take them down a notch if not two. Have ya happened to seen AOL/TW et al’s stock prices lately? Not good at ‘tall!!!! Somebody is not doing something right. And in the end who pays for it? We, the consumer do. But, for NASCAR.com we pay for it on the front end.

Danny
Old 24 Apr 2002, 00:48 (Ref:268986)   #28
Countrybo
Rookie

Sorry, bad link!!!!! Here is the right one: http://www.timesdaily.com/sports/sto...tsstories.html

Danny
Old 24 Apr 2002, 00:51 (Ref:268989)   #29
Countrybo
Rookie

Dang it!!!!! I'll type the whole thing in myself then!!!!

http://www.timesdaily.com/sports/sto...tsstories.html

Danny

P.S. Can I cuss?????
Old 24 Apr 2002, 02:14 (Ref:269021)   #30
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Links to a pertinent Nascar or racing related site or story are fine. Posting complete articles isn't because of possible copyright infringements.

Links to promote a personal site or a service are against forum rules also. I can understand not promoting the service, but the personal site one is a bit cloudy to me. I have a personal site, that is Nascar related and it doesn't generate any revenue. All it shows is pictures that I've taken.

BTW, I'll ignore the sarcasm in your P.S. Danny, but if you want to cuss, go right ahead, but all you'll see in your post are ****.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 02:17 (Ref:269023)   #31
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nascar.com has explored their options

Nascar.com has made the decision to switch their RaceCast features to a pay-per-view type format.
My decision is to whether I want to pay for these services or do without them.
I choose to do without these services and not pay, they were poor services to begin with.

The decision of Nascar.com to charge for these services has irritated some of the fans.
The fans need to face the fact that in this wonderful country we have many freedoms but nobody promised that everything would be free.

Nascar.com has decided to charge for what was once a free service, that is their option, I don’t think it will be very profitable for them, it definitely is unpopular.

I always found the online timing and scoring to be several laps behind the “live” action, it is an inferior product that people will demand better results from now that they are paying for it.

The people who are calling for a boycott of Nascar.com and it’s sponsors make me laugh !
The sponsors have put a lot of money into the teams for high visibility advertising and won’t be swayed.

Face it guys, if you want it, you have to pay for it !

RaceCast sucked when it was free, I have seen it recently and it is no better now, I don’t understand what the big deal is.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 02:19 (Ref:269025)   #32
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
BTW...most of your questions can be answered in the FAQ section at the top of the page. For your convenience I'll post the link.

http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?s=&action=faq

If you can't find an answer just ask Tim, Joe or myself. That's what we are here for.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 02:24 (Ref:269026)   #33
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Stan, I agree about the service not being that good when it was free. About the only use I had for it was finding out where certain drivers were running during the race. The new networks, NBC and especially FOX have their favorites, and that's all you ever hear about.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 02:32 (Ref:269027)   #34
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Just read the article Danny, very well written and I tend to agree with it. But, in my humble opinion, it may be like trying to fight City Hall.

Of course, I don't miss Racecast & I am almost always at work during qualifying, so I haven't missed that either.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 04:48 (Ref:269080)   #35
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
As I said when I edited your post, Danny, it was because it was advertising. It had nothing to do with you posting links. And we don't want you to feel like we do this just to you, we do the same to the people who post ads for Racecast too. As a general rule commercial advertising is not permitted here.

Like I said, and numerous others have as well, I support the Racecast boycott by not using it. I don't need it, so I don't use it. And considering how many websites are dedicated to NASCAR, and how badly NASCAR.COM is handled, frequently with inaccurate information, I pretty much see no need for it either.

But we have several people from Europe who depended on Racecast for live racing news, and now they have been denied it due to corporate greed. That is why I posted links to radio station websites that do webcasts of races.

I suppose you could say that is advertising those radio stations. But I did not post the links so they could make money, because they can make plenty of money without my help. I posted those links so that race fans who cannot watch races live can at least listen to them on the Internet. You do see the difference, right?
Old 24 Apr 2002, 08:21 (Ref:269140)   #36
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i would be up at 4am or whatever to watch the race on NASCAR.com, but apart from paying for it, it uses RealPlayer, which is possibly the slowest thing ive ever used

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 24 Apr 2002, 14:11 (Ref:269399)   #37
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Real Player was bad enough, with it's choppy video and lousy sound, but from what I hear the Real One Player is even worse. I don't know myself, since it won't even work on my system, but everyone that I know that has tried it said it was a pretty bad, and that it doesn't even compare to the original Real Player. So if that's true, it must be really bad.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:10 (Ref:269606)   #38
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only got it so i could watch the vids on nascar.com..........and they were too laggy, and not worth it at all, the only thing i did like was the race preview, that was cool

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 24 Apr 2002, 19:48 (Ref:269743)   #39
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved the realplayer audio coverage. It was better then Windows Media Player doing it.

I will always miss racecast, cos I used it more and didn't bother wiht the audio.
Old 27 Apr 2002, 00:22 (Ref:271793)   #40
Countrybo
Rookie

Tim B: I know that you was not targeting me and that you treat everyone with the same rules and regulations. I am sorry that I was advertising. I will know better in the future, did not know what the policy was.

I, along with others, thank you for supporting the boycott of RaceCast and NASCAR.com. I can not tell ya the last time I was on the main page of NASCAR.com, like you I find the info else where. I only check the RaceCast message board every now and again to see who else is not happy with it. It sure has quieted down on that board as of late, except for the new people showing their displeasure with it.

I did not think that posting those stations was a very good idea, cause I am sure that they will be sending them all cease and desist orders just like they did the one in MI. I can see the difference but still think it was not a good idea but ole well.

Danny
Old 27 Apr 2002, 08:50 (Ref:271912)   #41
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Well, if NASCAR sends them cease and desist orders, I'm sure they will stop running the shows on their stations. But they are MRN and PRN affiliates, so I doubt that will happen. They paid their fees, and that is what it's all about.

By the way, you may be amused by this... I got banned from NASCAR.COM's message boards for "insulting" them. Not that I care... But I knew how many Championships Richard Petty has won, when they didn't. That was when I started looking elsewhere for accurate information whenever I needed it. If they screw up on something every NASCAR fan should know, what else will they write that is totally wrong? Not only did they get it wrong, and say he had eight Championships, they said it in a so called "tribute" to Dale Earnhardt. How tacky is it to compare someone to someone else (who is still alive) in a tribute to someone who has passed on? Much less someone of Earnhardt's stature in NASCAR...

I mean, come on... My 12 year old can not only tell you that Petty has seven Championships, but what years they were won in. These guys obviously don't know that, but what really bugged me about it was they can't even take the time to look it up? That is so far past lame I don't know what to say. The "Official" website of NASCAR sould not make stupid mistakes like that.

Now, totally switching gears here... I wanted to mention that I grew up about 150 miles from you, in Auburn, Alabama. We wuz practically neighbors once.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 17:27 (Ref:272605)   #42
Countrybo
Rookie

RE: Radio Stations

I'm goofy so that is why I like those eyes!!!

Anyway, that station in Grand Rapids, MI is a PRN/MRN station and it supposedly got a cease and desist order from NASCAR.com. So, I am sure the others will also. I was just making a point. And, hope that they do not get an order from dot com.

I am sure dot com booted you if you was "insulting" them. I am surprised I have not been banned yet.

Yeah, we were practically neighbors. I was born and raised right here in Covington, GA and have lived here all my life except for the about 9 years I lived and worked in Atlanta.

Danny
Old 28 Apr 2002, 18:45 (Ref:272684)   #43
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Well, for once I'm awake when a race is running. I usually am in bed at this time of day and tape the races. But I've been sick so my sleep schedule is all messed up. So now I can test those radio links and see if any of them actually have the race on. The one from Grand Rapids, MI seems to be playing the same message over and over, but I'll see what the rest have in a few minutes when the race starts.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 19:12 (Ref:272698)   #44
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
It seems that of the seven stations I posted before, WFXX-FM 107.7 Andalusia, Alabama, KRLA-AM Glendale, California, and KTCT-AM 1050 San Francisco, California are the only ones webcasting the race. There seems to be about a 5 second delay between what's on TV and what's on the radio.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 19:52 (Ref:272730)   #45
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
Thanks Tim, I have Alabama on my computer right now !!!
Old 29 Apr 2002, 19:29 (Ref:273556)   #46
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
I always listen to WNDB.AM for the races.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 00:50 (Ref:273792)   #47
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
They weren't broadcasting the race when I checked yesterday. Neither was WNDA. Do they broadcast the races at a different time?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 01:43 (Ref:273818)   #48
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
Tim, I listened to the race on WFXX - Alabama on my computer, it came in through my RealOne Player. I clicked your link and it launched a browser window and then RealOne Player launched.
(By the way, I don't have RaceCast, Thanks for the link.)
Old 2 May 2002, 03:50 (Ref:276094)   #49
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
I don't have Real One, but the station plays on the old Real Player 8 for me. But like I always say... Whatever works...
Old 2 May 2002, 17:51 (Ref:276581)   #50
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
wndb.am does the races LIVE.