Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Feb 2004, 11:04 (Ref:861237)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Media Statement From Futureracers Pty Ltd

Futureracers Pty Ltd have been made aware of a number of mistruths and false information that is being spread through the marketplace about the status of their category and race plans.

Futureracers have a signed agreement with Ross Palmer and PROCAR Australia Pty Ltd stating that Futureracers will be an official PROCAR Champ Series category in 2004. The first round of the Formula Green Futureracers Series will be on April 16-18 at Oran Park, NSW, culminating in a tremendously exciting event at Australia's leading International Sports/Touring Car event, the Bathurst 24 Hour on November 19-21.

Furthermore, Futureracers are in the process of finalising their Category Management Agreement with CAMS, the AMRC and the AMSC. CAMS have approved the category and have issued the first log books on Futureracers cars.

There have been further mistruths spread about legal injunctions being taken out against Futureracers - these statements are false and misleading, there has been no legal action instigated against Futureracers Pty Ltd by any party, nor is there any basis whatsoever for any legal action against the company.

Sales of Futureracers Racecars have been progressing extremely well, and Futureracers would like to further reassure those who have purchased cars and those who are intending to purchase cars that we are well on the way towards the opening meeting of 2004 and our relationships with our Strategic Alliance partners, in PROCAR Australia Pty Ltd, Formula Green, Team Brock Driving Life and Dragon Financial are stronger than ever.

We look forward to seeing you all at Oran Park on April 16-18, 2004 for the opening round of the Formula Green Futureracers Series.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 11:42 (Ref:861271)   #2
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another catagory targeted by rumours and inuendos?
Old 3 Feb 2004, 11:44 (Ref:861273)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

And some of them started in here - the locked thread???? Which may be should be removed me thinks!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 13:33 (Ref:861373)   #4
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime, I think your getting the Aussie Racers and Futureracers mixed up. The Aussie Racing Cars where the target of the locked thread.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 19:52 (Ref:861734)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again, if there is no media releases, and the season is set to start in 2 weeks time, then what is to be expected?

I am amazed the Supercar teams havent started their release phase... unless there is no new news to discuss?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Feb 2004, 21:24 (Ref:861835)   #6
RaceTime
Veteran

CooperS79 - yes I was - thansk for clarifying that one for me.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 21:25 (Ref:861836)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

GTR - thnk you will find they ae too busy contacting AVESCO everyday to worry about media releases....
Old 3 Feb 2004, 22:29 (Ref:861911)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting to see in AA Mr Cameron of Phillip Island fame complain that discussion about a CAMS permit in "internet forums" was the cause of a release claiming PI was CAMS licenced...
Old 3 Feb 2004, 22:33 (Ref:861920)   #9
RaceTime
Veteran

Interesting - because the claim they weren't, and wouldn't be, came from one of his own....
Old 4 Feb 2004, 08:16 (Ref:862320)   #10
Big Trev
Racer

Big Trev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I have lost the plot with who is and who isn't.

Is PhIllip Island (the land that the author (mis)spent his youth) licenced by CAMS or not?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 08:31 (Ref:862332)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Fergus Cameron is saying yes in Auto Action... RaceTime has heard differently, as had I, so I guess we both stand corrected.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 08:42 (Ref:862342)   #12
Big Trev
Racer

Big Trev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why in the hell doesn't CAMS release a statement or something - bloody hell it can't be that hard.

BTW I am going for an upgrade on my CAMS Officials Licence soon, do you think it may be in jeopardy? On one of the other forums I give my full name - Bugger (again)
Old 4 Feb 2004, 08:45 (Ref:862345)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I have seen your full name, maybe you can claim that isnt you? Or the name at the end of your post is your middle name
Old 4 Feb 2004, 09:19 (Ref:862366)   #14
sevi
Veteran

I have been trying to get my upgrade for 2 years now Trev, I have done all the right things, had it approved by a senior and yep, I am still waiting.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 09:40 (Ref:862377)   #15
RaceTime
Veteran

Only 2 years? My renewal has been going in since around 2000 - funnily it was always 'getting lost' in CAMS.

And, funnily enough, the person whose responsibility it is for CAMS licences made it very plain at the first Hidden Valley meeting that I should not have been there - her favourite from SA should have been!

It took intervention last December to get mine reissued - although legally - they wouldn't have had a leg to stand on if they had pushed.....but yes - I have heard stories of others who have had problems renewing and upgrading...
Old 4 Feb 2004, 14:21 (Ref:862736)   #16
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So tell me who was her fav from SA?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:11 (Ref:863240)   #17
RaceTime
Veteran

Couldn't possibly mention any names - but he certainly isn't Frosty the Snowman...
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:25 (Ref:863265)   #18
sevi
Veteran

Actually RT now I think about it, I have been trying since 01, so yes more then 2yrs now. And Cams claim they have never recieved it, despite it being sent 4 odd times.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:31 (Ref:863280)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Do you have to pay to get these upgrades?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:49 (Ref:863321)   #20
RaceTime
Veteran

No - although I heard a whisper in January that within 2 years they will be trying to charge for them (Administrative costs!) This has been denied by someone I trust - but with CAMS, you never know.

Then watch the sparks start flying!
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:53 (Ref:863329)   #21
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by sevi
Actually RT now I think about it, I have been trying since 01, so yes more then 2yrs now. And Cams claim they have never recieved it, despite it being sent 4 odd times.
This is the excuse they use all the time - it appears to only apply to people they have a problem with IOW anyone who has a mind of their own and uses it...

But - like I said - they have nothing legally to fall back on to deny anyone who doesn't have a licence.

Particularly as some areas are now being played out to contractors - in this area they have absolutely no legal leg to stop a contractor from working in ANY position as this then very definately becomes a restraint of trade.

Crash crews, flag marshalls, timekeepers are more and more moving into the contracting area...