Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2870147)   #1
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
adam1312 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis or Nick Hamilton Helmet

lewis design or lewis' design but in blue?

nick hamiltons http://twitpic.com/43nhtd

lewis' - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...met_2011-2.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...met_2011-3.jpg

Last edited by Super Hans; 26 Apr 2011 at 18:22. Reason: Fixing link
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2870151)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think I prefer the elder Hamilton's.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2870156)   #3
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
lewis is the oldest incase you thought his brother was older
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2870157)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1312 View Post
lewis is the oldest incase you thought his brother was older
I am aware that Lewis is the eldest, thanks.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2870170)   #5
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
Sorry
Old 26 Apr 2011, 20:07 (Ref:2870217)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In blue it looks wrong. So, so wrong.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2870229)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks very brazilian except for the red...
Old 26 Apr 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2870233)   #8
adam1312
Rookie

United Kingdom
North East England
would a helmet design very similar to lewis hamiltons execpt. longer thinner ribbons look stupid like show off ish
Old 26 Apr 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2870238)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very...

much.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2870522)   #10
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're both nothing special, IMO.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2870524)   #11
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
They're both nothing special, IMO.
I agree. I don't really have an interest in helmets anymore. This may because they're all a bit garish and cluttered nowadays, or because I've just grown out of it - I used to draw Mansell and Senna's lids all over my schoolbooks.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2870528)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Or it might be because most drivers change them every 2 minutes now... Not looking at anyone... Not anyone German... Who's young... And wins alot.... Nope.....

Selby
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2870529)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
But yeah, I quite like Lewis', but I think slightly simplified could look better. I like Nick's, too tbh.

I think what he's doing is a great achievement for anyone with a disability looking to get in to racing. Very inspirational.

Selby
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2870532)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I agree. I don't really have an interest in helmets anymore. This may because they're all a bit garish and cluttered nowadays, or because I've just grown out of it - I used to draw Mansell and Senna's lids all over my schoolbooks.
I guess you're right, the helmets nowadays doesn't have the same appeal as those from the past.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2870536)   #15
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Actually, I quite like some of Vettel's lids. The Finns, Kobayashi, Heidfeld, Button, and Schumacher have some quality lids. The rest look like someone puked day-glo colors on it, and sent them off. Personally, the "new guard" of American drivers and the Australasian IndyCar drivers have absolute top quality lids.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2870538)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Perhaps they just don't mean as much any more either.

It's just another item to place lots of sponsors on. They used to be clutter-free and fairly simplistic designs. Now they're just covered in sponsors and barely visible.

It may also be the change from helmet recognition/numbers to use of names.

This sounds strange but I noticed it the other day at Brands Hatch - they still very much use numbers to identify the riders whereas F1 has completely lost that (I think it's quite a good thing tbh - numbers are more difficult to remember!).

Selby
Old 27 Apr 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2870541)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Actually, I quite like some of Vettel's lids.
Me too!

But changing it every race is far too much.

Selby
Old 27 Apr 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2870546)   #18
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best lid I've seen a fair while was Fernado's McLaren helmet of 2007.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2870558)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Hamiltons lid is amazing. Not that complex and stands out.

The worst are any Red Bull affiliated drivers. Vettel is by far the worst as he has this thing where he changes the design every week, seemingly getting progressively worse with each iteration.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2870564)   #20
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

The worst are any Red Bull affiliated drivers. Vettel is by far the worst as he has this thing where he changes the design every week, seemingly getting progressively worse with each iteration.
How? Because the paint in his lid has tiny sparkles and such? His is still the same day-glo abomination that most young drivers today have, just slightly different colors.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2870566)   #21
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Best lid I've seen a fair while was Fernado's McLaren helmet of 2007.
It was a good lid. Made seem look like Darth Vader, though.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2870611)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It's a bit too......Sennaesque IMO.

Perhaps something a bit more original would have been better?
Old 27 Apr 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2870763)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
How? Because the paint in his lid has tiny sparkles and such? His is still the same day-glo abomination that most young drivers today have, just slightly different colors.
It is distinctive IMO.

Far better than a Red Bull can or a generic Union Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
It's a bit too......Sennaesque IMO.
Because it's yellow?

What would make it more original in your eyes? A colour that has never been seen before perhaps?
Old 27 Apr 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2870806)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps a nice elephant grey. With a trunk.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2870814)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I was the same, but with Damon Hill's - now that was a fantastic helmet design, one with history and meaning. I hate Vettel's habit of changing his design every race or two. And none of them even look good!

(On the original topic, I prefer Lewis's helmet to his brother's.)
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'