Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2000, 21:50 (Ref:27356)   #1
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
...that is the question.
There are rumours that the German Grand Prix will be moved to the Lauzitsring (if that's how you spell it). I'm wondering about two things:
1. Should it be moved and for what reasons?
and
2. Will Sunday's race have been a help or hindrance in a bid to keep the Grand Prix?
Over to you.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 22:00 (Ref:27359)   #2
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lausitzring is an oval, so unless there's a road course somehow fit in there the German grand prix wouldn't go there. F1 doesn't do ovals.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 22:17 (Ref:27362)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ralf's Girl,

Im sure it will be moved as none of the great gods done well at Hockenheim. There was a lot of those terrible overtaking manouvers, I mean, moving from 18th to 1st and 22nd to 4th without a MS or MH involved surely cannot be allowed. It's not in the script.

I have never heard of the Lauzitsring. but it must have lots of chicanes, miles of intruder proof "catch" fencing (I thought it was to catch the cars, but maybe it is to catch disgruntled ex employee's) so we can have a nice follow my leader parade so as to meet FIA approval.

The decent food halls, toilets and viewing points will of course have to be removed. Corporate suites need to be erected and the entry price put beyond the means of mere mortals, this might just take more than a year. So maybe us fans could have one more year of good racing.

Here's hoping for a long living race at Hockenheim

Simon

Jim Clark R I P