Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 May 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3638236)   #16
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Well, the Audi has the same V6t engine, unlike the new V6tt for Toyota. And Silverstone has always been an 'Audi track' with their high downforce car. Toyota's car is nowhere near what Audi and Porsche were running in terms of a true high downforce package. Lets also take into account the Audi was dq'ed because it ran illegally. So that may have flattered it's performance slightly more. I don't think Toyota is sandbagging. I think they're trying to come to grips with a totally new car. Hope it turns out for them. They seem confident it will.
Old 3 May 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3638238)   #17
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was confirmed that it was a pressure drop during SC period that caused the ride height lowering that followed in DQ... audi was great at silverstone because the overall package is great! they didn't cheat, truth is that sometimes sh!t happens, and you can't do anything to dodge the ball.

Disagree about high downforce matter... last year at silverstone, both 919 were in low drag configuration and were competitive enough to win.
Old 3 May 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3638247)   #18
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
so another 918 crashed... some time ago I've read somewhere that almost 1 918 on 4 have been involved somehow in some kind of incident. Anyway, it doesn't seem much damaged; Lotterer should ask Hartley how to obliterate a very expensive hybrid porsche
Nah, that's a Carrera GT.
Old 3 May 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3638248)   #19
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=carbon_titanium;3638232]so another 918 crashed... some time ago I've read somewhere that almost 1 918 on 4 have been involved somehow in some kind of incident. Anyway, it doesn't seem much damaged; Lotterer should ask Hartley how to obliterate a very expensive hybrid porsche

Well, in this case.... it's a cgt (Carrera GT). Funny though.
Old 3 May 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3638251)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
it was confirmed that it was a pressure drop during SC period that caused the ride height lowering that followed in DQ... audi was great at silverstone because the overall package is great! they didn't cheat, truth is that sometimes sh!t happens, and you can't do anything to dodge the ball.

Disagree about high downforce matter... last year at silverstone, both 919 were in low drag configuration and were competitive enough to win.
Tire pressure? I thought Audi's reasoning was excessive bouncing http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123890? I didn't say they were cheating, but a too-worn plank means the car was running lower to the ground which can produce faster lap times.

At Silverstone 2015 Porsche had a lot higher top speed than Audi and had 8mj vs 4mj. This year it was 8mj vs. 6mj both with high downforce cars and like top speeds.
Old 4 May 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3638312)   #21
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great feature that a WEC online subscription could offer that I would be happy to pay for is class specific feeds. Channel 1 would focus on LMP1 for the entire 6 hour race. Ditto for Channel 2 (P2), Channel 3 (GTE). All with the regular RLM commentary though. I'd be all about that idea. I would feel the same way for that idea with IMSA.
Old 4 May 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3638413)   #22
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This is info from F1 but the track is the same

Source for all F1 circuits:
http://f-1.link/brembo-brake-circuit...ty-cards-2015/
Old 4 May 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3638449)   #23
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Updates

PRO AMR Vantage -20kg (orly)
PRO Ford GTE +4,5mm fuel restrictor

The P1 Hybrid-Nonhybrid EOT table isn't on FIA site visible yet, but I doubt that's really changed given the recent trend there
Old 4 May 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3638526)   #24
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't have much time to analyse more carefully the onboards from Silverstone but, after a brief look into it, it seemed that Audi cars had very ill handling. The R18 has plenty of grip, noticebly more than the 919 and even more so than the TS050, but it's very inconsistent in the high speed corners and the drivers constantly missed apexes due to understeer while other times suffered the opposite, oversteer. Porsche and Toyota were more stable and if Audi don't fix that, it might make things very tough for them throughout the season. They had a 5 day testing at Aragon, if I'm not mistaken, and apparently that was, partially, used to fix the FRIC issues that alledgelly led to the worn plank. If the bad handling and the bouncing(FRIC issues) were related, then good for them and they likely solved the problem. Otherwise, this might become their biggest concern after reliability.

As for Toyota, I'm sure they'll be on par, if not faster, on S1 and S3. The crucial point here for them is S2 and how much they manage to minimize their lack of pace there.

Finally, I think the -10MJ will hurt far more at Spa than at Silverstone and I don't believe they will reach 1.54 again.
Old 4 May 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3638532)   #25
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not going to watch then
Old 4 May 2016, 21:36 (Ref:3638579)   #26
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bet Audi will go 1:54
Old 4 May 2016, 23:22 (Ref:3638610)   #27
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Lets also take into account the Audi was dq'ed because it ran illegally. So that may have flattered it's performance slightly more
The Audi wasn't made to run illegally, so it wasn't running they way it was meant to run. I don't see why the excessive plank wear must mean enhanced performance. I suspect it was the opposite.
Old 5 May 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3638617)   #28
TF110
Veteran

United States
The plank being worn means it was scraping the ground more than the other cars. That means the ride height was lower or Audi's suspension is bad. Too worn a plank being grounds for disqualification should let you know that it's a performance gain by having the car that low. I don't know if bouncing is a real reason or if that's just Audi's pr excuse. I remember the Audi really bouncing at Spa last year, but they weren't dq'ed for plank wear.
Old 5 May 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3638735)   #29
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is the live timing working for you guys?
it shows green flag, but no competitors...

it works on the app, but not on the computer.
Old 5 May 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3638736)   #30
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Same here, it works in the app but not in browser. Nice to see Toyota setting the pace in first few laps.