Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2016, 04:14 (Ref:3659864)   #16
chernaudi
Veteran
 
chernaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,824
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I hope that everyone brought their high downforce kits--rain predicted for most of the weekend now, including the race.
chernaudi is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Jul 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3659870)   #17
Ephaeton
Veteran
 
Ephaeton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Posts: 1,189
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
boo it looked good at the beginning of the week, now, as I pack my stuff to actually hit the road, it gets worse and worse daily..
Ephaeton is offline  
__________________
Q: How to play religious roulette?
A: Stand around in a circle and blaspheme and see who gets struck by lightning first
Quote
Old 21 Jul 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3659932)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran
 
Coach Ep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location:
where the wind comes sweeping down the..
Posts: 3,570
Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
What else did you expect in the Eiffel???

We're long overdue a true rain race - too bad Eduardo will ruin most of the fun again with an extended behind-the-SC-start as soon as he sees a smokey green glare on his radar screen... (nowadays I wonder if race control rooms even have a single window, not that any of them would stick their head outta of it anyway....)
Coach Ep is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Jul 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3659991)   #19
Artur
Veteran
 
Artur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 824
Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The forecast I checked says ~50% prob of rain tomorrow(max ~25ºC) while Qualifying will very likely be on wet with over 80% chance of rain and quite cool temperatures on both Saturday and Sunday(~20ºC and IIRC, it was over 30ºC last year). The chance of a wet race is under 20%, so it will be a crazy weekend with not much time for the teams to properly evaluate their setups.

All I know is that Audi destroyed the field on a wet Silverstone QLF, so I guess such condition wouldn't hurt them....
Artur is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 05:11 (Ref:3660074)   #20
Spyderman
Veteran
 
Spyderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Mozambique
Mozambique
Posts: 4,551
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, if it rains, I think Audi will be the team to beat.
Spyderman is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3660077)   #21
Giba
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
United Kingdom
Leeds
Posts: 384
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I packed my blue poncho but hopefully won't need to be used. With the new downforce packages some of the teams are bringing this weekend then who knows what the competitive order might be
Giba is online now  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3660081)   #22
rubberduck
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Germany
Nordschleife - related
Posts: 46
rubberduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chill girls and boys.
Rain was far more likely at Le Mans, currently we are facing your usual summer afternoon thunderstorm, if at all.
rubberduck is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3660163)   #23
tux
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Posts: 3,600
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford sandbagging again?
tux is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3660165)   #24
Articus
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,561
Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Ford sandbagging again?
Maybe, maybe not. We've gone from an ultra low DF track (Le Mans) to a high DF track (Nurburg). Ford always complained that they don't actually have any power, but rather the straight speed came from being low drag.

So maybe that plays out this weekend. Not many long straights here.
Articus is online now  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3660166)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran
 
chernaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,824
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota might still be running less downforce than the other LMP1 factory teams. #5 Toyota went 312kmh though the speed trap this morning in FP1
chernaudi is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3660167)   #26
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 13,857
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
It looks close up front. Who knows how the weather will turn out, but imo there are no favorites right now.
TF110 is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3660199)   #27
Artur
Veteran
 
Artur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 824
Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Toyota might still be running less downforce than the other LMP1 factory teams. #5 Toyota went 312kmh though the speed trap this morning in FP1
Well, #8 did 320 on FP2

Unlike LM, where the VAGs underperformed(which made Toyota's effort look better, imho), it seems that the cars would almost repeat the 2015 times, this year, if it wasn't for the slower chicane.

They were 3s slower today, compared to last year, and the LMP2s and GTs indicates that the different layout impact is around 2-3s(cars also changed in these other categories, although less)

Let's see if Toyota can keep up here, but it will be quite harder as the sprint packs of the VAGs almost cancells the -10MJ, again unlike LM where they were way off.

It still seems like a wet QLF and dry race, so tomorrow results might mean nothing at all for the race.
Artur is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Jul 2016, 20:32 (Ref:3660214)   #28
chernaudi
Veteran
 
chernaudi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,824
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Ideal laps from FP2 would have both Audis in the 1:40.6 bracket while the fastest Porsche time (both ideal and actual) was a 1:40.9.

Also, Porsche are way down on top speed and it seems to not hurt their overall lap times, but it's not really helping them that much, either, especially sectors 1&2.
chernaudi is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Jul 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3660239)   #29
Purist
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Posts: 5,689
Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!
The Fords are doing pretty well at Lime Rock, so it can't all be down to low drag.
Purist is offline  
__________________
The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
Quote
Old 23 Jul 2016, 07:30 (Ref:3660279)   #30
Giba
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
United Kingdom
Leeds
Posts: 384
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Understandable that FP3 has been delayed, the fog is bad
Giba is online now  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[WTCC] 2016 WTCC 5 Predictions - R05 Nürburgring Nordschleife RESULTS Mekola WTCC & European Touring Car Series 2 2 Jun 2016 17:22
[WTCC] 2016 WTCC 5 Predictions - R05 Nürburgring Nordschleife Mekola WTCC & European Touring Car Series 11 26 May 2016 17:07
What race license do you need for the Spa 6hours? joss Ronchetti Historic Racing Today 20 15 Sep 2011 22:11
F3000 Two Worlds Prediction Competition - Round 4, Nürburgring Mekola National & International Single Seaters 11 1 Jun 2004 11:46
FIA F3000 Round #5 @ Nürburgring predictions DanFlag National & International Single Seaters 7 27 Jun 2003 18:57


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.