Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3956575)   #1
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best BTCC driver post-Super Touring

Just wondering...
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3956577)   #2
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HMS Alfa is up for sale.
https://www.racecarsdirect.com/Adver...-ngtc-btcc-car
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3956580)   #3
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Rob Austin's certainly been among the most popular but hardly the best.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3956581)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Interesting line in the advert:
'ready to race including a 2018 spec low mileage Swindon Powertrain 2ltr turbo engine'

I understood the Swindon engines as only ever being available on a lease basis.
If this car comes with such an engine, is this an older-spec engine that was used elsewhere, or one that has a few rounds left on the lease?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3956582)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Turkington, Neal, Sutton, Plato, Shedden.

Anyone else who could realistically be added to the list?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3956583)   #6
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Muller and Thompson in BTC-TOURING era?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3956584)   #7
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wrong thread I think!

Turkington, Shedden, Neal or Plato probably the best of the last 20 years.

Ingram, Sutton, Cook, Hill, Butcher, Cammish will probably be the best of the next decade.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3956586)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I think if we are considering the entire time post-ST, then you have to take into account that we have seen BTC-T, S2000 and NGTC cars.

To be seen as the best, I think you have to have demonstrated the ability to perform in different specifications.
Turkington, Neal, Plato and Shedden have all done that.

Sutton hasn't had the chance yet, so maybe a bit early to tell.
IIRC - Thompson, Muller, Giovanardi etc only got results in one spec of car (in BTCC at least).
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3956588)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Turkington, Shedden, Neal or Plato probably the best of the last 20 years.
Agreed - delivered in spite of regulation changes.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3956590)   #10
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Gio, regardless of whatever advantage he had due to prior experience with Super 2000 regs. Andrew Jordan and Mat Jackson have certainly tried.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3956591)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
James Nash. Because he told us he was.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3956593)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Turkington certainly deserves those four titles. He really came of age in the works MG in 03 and as he has grown into a complete driver, one who is now held in such high regard. His drives in the WTCC pretty much showed he is a world class driver

Flash too has shown himself to be a to be one of the top drivers of the series. Always tries to get the maximum out whatever the situation and that served him well with three titles

Of Neal and Plato were up there for a time, but we already saw how good they were in the previous era. Same with Thommo. And Gio was already a tin top star when he arrived

Sutton and AJ both won championships in style and I have been impressed by how much Sutton gives his all, no matter what the situation

Tingram is one who should be champion one day and Cammish already has made quite an impact on the series. Tordoff, Jackson and O-C I also rate highly in terms of talent. And Chilton, who always has had potential, has really matured as a driver I feel in recent years

BTCC has made a great recovery from 2001 when it was at a low ebb
Old 9 Feb 2020, 14:12 (Ref:3956594)   #13
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Turkington certainly deserves those four titles. He really came of age in the works MG in 03 and as he has grown into a complete driver, one who is now held in such high regard. His drives in the WTCC pretty much showed he is a world class driver

Flash too has shown himself to be a to be one of the top drivers of the series. Always tries to get the maximum out whatever the situation and that served him well with three titles

Of Neal and Plato were up there for a time, but we already saw how good they were in the previous era. Same with Thommo. And Gio was already a tin top star when he arrived

Sutton and AJ both won championships in style and I have been impressed by how much Sutton gives his all, no matter what the situation

Tingram is one who should be champion one day and Cammish already has made quite an impact on the series. Tordoff, Jackson and O-C I also rate highly in terms of talent. And Chilton, who always has had potential, has really matured as a driver I feel in recent years

BTCC has made a great recovery from 2001 when it was at a low ebb
That last sentence is an understatement. At least Turkington won his 4 titles without any legal wrangling.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3956614)   #14
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Agreed - delivered in spite of regulation changes.
Great point
Old 9 Feb 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3956641)   #15
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Turkington, Neal, Sutton, Plato, Shedden.

Anyone else who could realistically be added to the list?
Giovanardi excluding the modern era, and definitely Muller
Old 11 Feb 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3956942)   #16
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
Giovanardi excluding the modern era, and definitely Muller
Muller was so unlucky though.