Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Feb 2004, 03:14 (Ref:882395)   #1
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luc Alphand?

whats his plans for Le Mans? Last year he teamed up with Care, and it was rumored he would team up with courage this year, but i doubt that will happen, since Belmando now did. Is he going to be back with Care or will he just race his Porsche in GT? I really enjoyed seeing him run in GTS with the 550 with frederic Dor and Jerome Policand.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 06:00 (Ref:882454)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The most reliable source, except Luc Alphand himself, is for me David Legangneux ; beeing a french journalist, he's quite informed, and reasonabily prudent ; he posts Luc Alphand in a Porsche in his own entry list.

So you should be right 19dodge : no Courage for him, but we expected a Pesca Courage Evo though...

Henri's budget is still not completed...
Old 23 Feb 2004, 10:27 (Ref:882619)   #3
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans is the main purpose of Pescarolo's team this year again. They place their hopes in the Judd.
Two cars are expected ! (AUTOhebdo)
Old 23 Feb 2004, 13:40 (Ref:882783)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, but the customer's one was under interrest of Luc Alphand, if I can remember, and now he seems to enter a Porsche... who's up for the second Pesca ?
Old 23 Feb 2004, 13:43 (Ref:882788)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Count me in.......
Old 23 Feb 2004, 14:19 (Ref:882826)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Count me in.......
Show your £££ !!! it should be quite expensive, I'm afraid...
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:11 (Ref:882853)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got £4.32 in my pocket - do you think Henri would be interested?

(Damn, I could have got the Jordan drive with that if I'd thought quickly enough...... )
Old 23 Feb 2004, 16:27 (Ref:882920)   #8
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The " Ride with Jordan for £4 " has nothing to do with eddies team i'm afraid Ayse !!!
Old 23 Feb 2004, 16:38 (Ref:882934)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Le Mans is the main purpose of Pescarolo's team this year again. They place their hopes in the Judd.
Two cars are expected ! (AUTOhebdo)
What are his LMES plans. One car?
Old 23 Feb 2004, 16:49 (Ref:882947)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
What are his LMES plans. One car?
His plans : find funds ! End enter at least one car at Monza... after...
Old 23 Feb 2004, 16:57 (Ref:882958)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't understand how he can't fund a 4 race LMES program yet can buy Judd engines, employ someone like Andre De Cortanze and have Playstation/Sony sponsorship.

Other LMP teams would love that.

Surely he would have a better chance of attracting funding etc. by competing for wins in the LMES rather than vain attempts to win at LM. If he has to employ a team of pay drivers, he would still be better off IMO. Afterall there are a lot of quality pay drivers out there.

Last edited by JAG; 23 Feb 2004 at 16:58.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 16:59 (Ref:882959)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
I can't understand how he can't fund a 4 race LMES program yet can buy Judd engines, employ someone like Andre De Cortanze and have Playstation/Sony sponsorship.
I'm not sure for Playstation : are they still sponsors of Henri ?

He needs a 3 M€ budget, and lost 66% of it with Peugeot. For the rest, I don't know...
Old 23 Feb 2004, 17:06 (Ref:882968)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
I heard/read him say that he needs the funds to pay for top class drivers. But wouldn't it be better just to be on the grid, even with pay drivers?
Old 23 Feb 2004, 21:22 (Ref:883266)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
The " Ride with Jordan for £4 " has nothing to do with eddies team i'm afraid Ayse !!!
Oh I see! But at least Eddie's tyres are pneumatic as well! They share something in common.....

A case of....

"I'm a sportcar fan, get me outta here....!"

Old 23 Feb 2004, 21:23 (Ref:883267)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
I heard/read him say that he needs the funds to pay for top class drivers. But wouldn't it be better just to be on the grid, even with pay drivers?

It would be for some, it depends how serious he is. I know for some s-called "gentleman" drivers, just being there in the race is all that matters, but, like Alfonso (our new member), Luc is perhaps serious about winning. He had a decent car with some decent drivers last year......