Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Dec 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2605423)   #51
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we didn't make the first cut but I guess we can keep hoping. I believe its not over 'till the fat lady sings.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 18:19 (Ref:2605431)   #52
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Teams, wanted for pre war grid 1

Hi,
I am in with a pre war Aston Martin.
yahoooooo.
Who is looking for a pre war team member ?

Rudolf

BTW: I have also entered a Porsche 914 in grid 5.
I cant guarrantee that I get slot. But who would want us in his team ?
Old 28 Dec 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2605562)   #53
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It's going to be February before entries are known.This is just first half of grid.

Lack of Bentleys accepted so far so expect the 10/10ths Bentley to get in from NB.

We will find home for Aston and 914 should it get in.

We are long in Grid 1 with eight 10/10ths cars.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2605586)   #54
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Talbots are GO!
Old 28 Dec 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2605602)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have bought the ex LM Midget all those years ago,pile of bits and I never thought I would like it anyway!
Old 28 Dec 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2605632)   #56
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
You would not have done!

Much better things to have than one of those.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2605663)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your probably right John,but the bloke selling it told me it was a 'Jacobs' car,that really didn't mean much in those day's! Should have taken the thing anyway at £200.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2605757)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Jacobs? did he say you'd be crackers not to buy it mate

an interesting point however, what may have been a good investment due to previous abusers/owners may not have necessarily given one any pleasure and/or success . . . . hence the situation we're in with replicas/facsimiles, 'over restoration etc etc and some nice old cars hidden away.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2606043)   #59
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

It was quite a while ago Zef,in the days when a 'racecar' was bad news!
There was also an ex works Healey,that was very expensive,£275!!!!!
The main thing that put me off of that was the fact that the wire wheels had been welded onto the splined hubs,the splines were shagged apparently and were very difficult to get hold of.
The Jacobs car was complete,four spare wheels,close ratio box and various bits and pieces and all history/documents etc.[Glad I didn't see it as a possible 'investment' though.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2606129)   #60
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
It was quite a while ago Zef,in the days when a 'racecar' was bad news!
There was also an ex works Healey,that was very expensive,£275!!!!!
The main thing that put me off of that was the fact that the wire wheels had been welded onto the splined hubs,the splines were shagged apparently and were very difficult to get hold of.
The Jacobs car was complete,four spare wheels,close ratio box and various bits and pieces and all history/documents etc.[Glad I didn't see it as a possible 'investment' though.

Maybe we should start a "If only I'd......" post if it's not already been done. So TB's post is the starter; if only I'd bought that Le Mans Midget I'd have had a guaranteed entry to LMC every event.....
Old 29 Dec 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2606172)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
They are the saddest words in motorsport Dave.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2610498)   #62
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Have covered Roger,Nigel and Dave and are in for Teams assuming entries are accepted

If anyone else needs to be introduced to a team let me know to my E Mail Address as never bother with PM's
Old 17 Jan 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2614570)   #63
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

My wife and I will be booking for the Classic this weekend, I've been to the 24 hour on and off for years but never been to the Classic.

We did the Silverstone Classic last year, first time camping at a race meeting with senior management, which went okay so we are off for the big one this year.

Likely to book Camping Bleu as I'd expect it to be reasonably quiet.

If anybody needs a hand we can cook, and minor mechanic duties.

Steve
Old 17 Jan 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2614702)   #64
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

We will sort out who is doing what in May when we know which cars are actually going.

Thanks,You may have a job!
Old 18 Jan 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2615429)   #65
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Booked today with Travel Destinations, travelling out on the Euro Tunnel Thursday, returning on the Monday and camping at Bleu.

Steve
Old 20 Jan 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2616314)   #66
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Second tranche have cars have been released and I am amazed at some of entries that are yet to be accepted.Seems that some of the decisions on those that are in cannot be substantiated knowing the cars that are still to be decided on.
Could be going same way as some as these other superstar events.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2616344)   #67
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
news cars getting the nod over originals ?

I'm struggling to grasp the concept
Old 20 Jan 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2616352)   #68
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Not fakes but some with no history or dubious History against cars with History.

Could be a geographical decision as lack of entries other than Brits and French.

Many good cars not yet accepted but odd ones are in.

Overall its a superb entry list but where are the Germans ,Italians,Yanks?
Old 20 Jan 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2616407)   #69
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had confirmation that we have been accepted with the Triumph Spitfire (ADU 1B)

Im very excited now cant wait lol

Ian
Old 20 Jan 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2616430)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
And so you should have been! Well done-enjoy!
Old 20 Jan 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2616434)   #71
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
And so you should have been! Well done-enjoy!
We were to frightened to get excited before just in case she was not accepted. Now we can live the dream !!!

And of course thank you

Ian
Old 20 Jan 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2616438)   #72
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Yanks missing doesn't suprise me but Italians and Germans, its Eurozone and just as close as UK

I suppose, as with other events the organisers will want some fresh/different entries to maintain interest and variation, but personally not at the cost of quality/legitimacy
Old 22 Jan 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2617390)   #73
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got a link to the current accepted list? Thanks.

Assuming the Aurelia hasn't been accepted in the second tranche as no emails received....Do we know when the final list will be out?
Old 22 Jan 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2617403)   #74
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Final lists will not be complete until April/May and then reserve lists come into play.

Last time around four/five reserves in each grid made it so a long way to go.

Gt 40's have still not been finally sorted as about 20 entered,usual problem with 911 type Porsches and E Types ,Bentleys so if you have a different type of car with Le Mans history could still be in good shape.

Many things will be settled at Retromobile this week as some of main entrants are still to finalise their line up.Few fancy Ferrari's to go.Suggest there are about ten cars per grid already fixed but not shown on list so ten per grid open.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2617405)   #75
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks John. As ever you're a font of info - much appreciated.

I'd be interested to see what cars are in the 49-56 group (the one we've put an entry in for). Anyone got a copy of the list or a link?

It was always going to be an outside chance as our Aurelia doesn't have Le Mans history although has been raced since the early 70's and our co-driver has raced his Aurelia continuously for the last 30+ years....