Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2014, 05:09 (Ref:3349361)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delta's Earl Grey Break 2014

Happy new year everyone.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3349368)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Happy New Year to you and yours Peter! I can see a debate on Tea coming up, not sure if Delta Motorsport serve up that Earl Grey stuff. Definitely Tetley's finest favoured in my truck and at the workshop. Plus (thanks to young Clifford R for introducing them to me), Lyons excellent 'All Day Coffee' bags.

Old 1 Jan 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3349376)   #3
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, got to be 'Yorkshire Tea' for me! Happy New Year everyone.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3349381)   #4
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also prefer my tea a lot stronger & darker than Earl Grey, like everything else

A Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year to all!
Old 1 Jan 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3349382)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Earl Grey all the way!

and Lavazza coffee.

2013 was crap . . I round it off with hammers, quite therapeutic.
Attached Thumbnails
wing.jpg  
Old 1 Jan 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3349384)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Builders' tea preferred here at Tyler Towers. You can get 80 bags for 30p in a well known orange-branded supermarket (other purveyors are available). Remarkable restorative properties on any "morning after" such as today

Suppose I ought to get up and welcome the new Bulgarians into the village. Can't see them wanting to stay long given the weather here today

Happy New Year everyone, may it be peaceful, safe and prosperous for one and all.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3349391)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Where does this leave us that only drink coffee, I feel I'm being discriminated against. I might have to join mumsnet.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3349395)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Earl Grey !! eeeehhhhggg !! give me proper sweepings off the floor stuff that you can stand the spoon up in !
Happy 2014
Attached Thumbnails
MS1.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3349396)   #9
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Where does this leave us that only drink coffee, I feel I'm being discriminated against. I might have to join mumsnet.
Good point Tim. One more thing to add to the list of compensation claims next time you get a call.

Sadly I would miss out on that one. So long as it has caffeine I am happy to drink most types of coffee and tea, especially, on the tea front, Earl Grey, builders tea and of course the best of all - DELTA tea.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3349397)   #10
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year to all. I'm expecting to be a grandfather either today or tomorrow so this year's looking good.

I'm with Gary on the tea thing. Grown on the foothills of the pennines near Keighley, I understand!
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3349398)   #11
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gordon, you could try Earl Grey brewed very strong. No milk of course.

The ingredients in the recipe may have changed over the years - most probably have as the taste seems a little different to me - but one used to get a rather interesting effect from a decent amount of very strong EG. (As I recall - which I cannot guarantee doing totally accurately.)
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3349399)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Tim, did you ever see Eric Sykes or Bernard Cribbins drinking coffee.Whilst reflecting a great time at the Ace last year you cant help but wonder why did life had to change.
Me and Mrs Delta went to a Golf club bash last night, was not looking forward to it at all. Turned out to be excellent night, I was a bit concerned on the dance floor people popping pills and there was a couple of girls dancing together but I'm sure one of them was a bloke. Maybe I spent too much of my 61 years building racing cars and not getting out..
Thanks for starting the tea break natter 2014 Pete.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3349401)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Earl Grey !! eeeehhhhggg !! give me proper sweepings off the floor stuff that you can stand the spoon up in !
Happy 2014
The more I think about it Gordon, I recon you and Sue would be a great Dr Who team.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3349404)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Gordon, you could try Earl Grey brewed very strong. No milk of course.
Can't get any decent milk at the moment, and it doesn't taste right with the local goats stuff !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3349406)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The more I think about it Gordon, I recon you and Sue would be a great Dr Who team.
Funny you should say that Iain as I am due to make a scifi film this year.
It's only taken about 30 years planning !
Old 1 Jan 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3349408)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hang on I thought you had done that film 30 years ago. "Flash Gordon ".
Old 1 Jan 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3349414)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hang on I thought you had done that film 30 years ago. "Flash Gordon ".
Wasn't that Flesh Gordon?
Old 1 Jan 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3349416)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
In actual fact I have been playing a part in Ridley Scott's latest epic "Exodus"
that is being filmed down here !
http://www.costa-news.com/costa-alme...ng-under-wraps
Attached Thumbnails
JC1.jpg  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 1 Jan 2014 at 12:47.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3349417)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got a text this am from Iain, and wondered what the reference to Earl Grey was about! Actually I do drink the stuff occasionally; makes a change to yer common and garden stuff!
Old 1 Jan 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3349433)   #20
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post

Im wiv ya on the coffee front!!!

Happy New Year all here is to 2014
Old 1 Jan 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3349445)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As soon as I get up I fire up the espresso machine, I use Carlucio's Milano coffee. But right now I'm enjoying a black tea.

I was woken up by the fireworks in Dubai last night. Quite spectacular. I even saw the fireworks at the Palm which is about 20 miles from my apartment!
Old 1 Jan 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3349487)   #22
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Im wiv ya on the coffee front!!!

Happy New Year all here is to 2014
...that makes 3 of us!
Old 1 Jan 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3349489)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Guess we are all creatures of habit! When at home my first morning coffee is made from fresh ground Sumatra beans. (Using old fashioned hand grinder, rebuilt many times!) I can't do the espresso thing though, long and black suits me.....

And don't get me started on the fireworks last night! I can only assume am surrounded by people living in different time zones, as they seemed to be going off in hourly batches from 11pm to goodness knows when....

Still, Jan 1 and the first of our two Spa 6 engines fired up in the car today after rebuild. #2 is in Delta's capable hands and when #1 is run in, it will be installed for same purpose. Then we have to decide which to use! Oh, and same scenario with gearboxes......

Old 1 Jan 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3349499)   #24
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I got a Tassimo machine for Christmas …the coffee is lovely
Old 1 Jan 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3349524)   #25
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy New Year Tenthers. I've been a bit quiet recently for various reasons but hopefully will be back to (better than) normal and will contribute more on here.

No Earl Grey for me please, prefer the monkey tea.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Closed Thread