Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3444990)   #51
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nic Hamilton announces intentions to race in 2015 http://nicolashamilton.com/news.html
Old 18 Aug 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3444992)   #52
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure what to make of that. However, it could mean that, after being replaced by Sebastian Vettel/frustrated by mechanical issues preventing him from winning a WDC, Lewis Hamilton will move to the BTCC for 2015 with his brother in a family run team, with an optional third car for Kimi Raikkonen to run in for 2016
Old 18 Aug 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3445009)   #53
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He wasn't that big a deal in the Clio's was he?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3445017)   #54
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was around top 5 on a brilliant weekend. He got a front row at Thruxton in 2012 but had an off, which he seemed to do a lot! Hence why I'm not convinced...
Old 18 Aug 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3445023)   #55
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's marketable.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3445029)   #56
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The new calendar is out. The news is: there is no news really.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3445036)   #57
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkd56 View Post
He's marketable.
That's very true. I recall he ran with Vodafone sponsorship on his Clio back then, that may have been to do with Lewis' McLaren Vodafone deals though...?

It would be good for the series though, raise the profile a bit I guess.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3445076)   #58
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure that having the brother of someone famous on the grid will really make that much difference as far as the BTCC's profile goes. Certainly it didn't make any difference to the Clio Cup last year or ETCC this year. I'm sure he would much rather be known as a racing driver in his own right and not just Lewis' brother.

Fair play to him for want to have a go. It will be only his third? fourth? season so still very much a rookie. Not expecting to see him on the podium any time soon.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3445086)   #59
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
To be fair to Nic, if Ollie Jackson has a go, why not him?!
Old 19 Aug 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3445394)   #60
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
That's very true. I recall he ran with Vodafone sponsorship on his Clio back then, that may have been to do with Lewis' McLaren Vodafone deals though...?

It would be good for the series though, raise the profile a bit I guess.
Lewis will likely be dipping into his own pocket for this one... as he did the last time. Putting the celebrity aspect to one side for a moment, it's just really nice to see a disabled person giving it a go. It doesn't really matter where he finishes as long as he enjoys himself an feels he's fulfilled an ambition.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3445492)   #61
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As I said earlier, Honda is the manufacturer elephant in a room full of privateers. Nobody has close to the budget that Dynamics have
Manufacturer backed! Speaking to the mechanics at Oulton park & they have 7 full time staff at Dynamics including engineers,mechanics and truckies...

They like everyone else have access to all the TOCA parts it's how you put them all together and use them that's the hard part & Dynamics have done their homework & homologated what they have.

Unlike most other teams who just bolt it together and rely on the boost calculations to move them up the grid...

All credit to the engineers who study the data to allow them to be at the sharp end!

I Won't be surprised if Honda & MG pull their "Works" entries at the end of this year then we'll have a full MSA clubmans championship
Old 19 Aug 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3445511)   #62
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if mg pulled the plug, more so if Honda did, however manufacturers are fickle, they can leave when they are winning or leave when they are losing.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3445520)   #63
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if mg pulled the plug, more so if Honda did, however manufacturers are fickle, they can leave when they are winning or leave when they are losing.
Whilst I remember, 888 said in Motorsport News a couple of weeks ago that they have a number of BTCC options next year. They will be in the series 100% though.

On the 7 Champs, if Colin does it in 2014 I think he will want to stay and defend this title. If he doesn't do it, I think he will want to stay to take a second title.

Shedden, Jordan, Plato and Neal are all practically guaranteed I think we can assume.

Giovanardi has made it clear he really wants to be in the BTCC, Airwaves will really want him, still think he has a win to come this year.

Menu is less sure, depends what else he will be offered. Scott wants to sort out the BMR line-up early, hence the Smith signing. So if he is staying at BMR, we will know soon enough.

I think it all depends on other offers and from other Touring Car series, I cannot see that coming, talk of other WTCC manufactures has been sparse in 2014 and that is where I would see them going.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3445527)   #64
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post

Giovanardi has made it clear he really wants to be in the BTCC, Airwaves will really want him, still think he has a win to come this year.
where ?

and Warren Scott from an early back marker in an unreliable Leon to a race winning team owner and signing champion Menu and 2 hot talents of Smith and Goff is a real progress and class act of him

seems he is much much better as team manager than driver perhaps he finds a young talented driver with $$$ he will sacrifice his own seat
Old 20 Aug 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3445605)   #65
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Charlie Robertson would surely be an ace signing at BMR, but he has no cash...
Old 20 Aug 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3445693)   #66
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Manufacturer backed! Speaking to the mechanics at Oulton park & they have 7 full time staff at Dynamics including engineers,mechanics and truckies...

They like everyone else have access to all the TOCA parts it's how you put them all together and use them that's the hard part & Dynamics have done their homework & homologated what they have.

Unlike most other teams who just bolt it together and rely on the boost calculations to move them up the grid...

All credit to the engineers who study the data to allow them to be at the sharp end!

I Won't be surprised if Honda & MG pull their "Works" entries at the end of this year then we'll have a full MSA clubmans championship
When you were speaking to the mechanics and Oulton, did they tell you how much money they've had at their disposal since they migrated to NGTC
Old 20 Aug 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3445708)   #67
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The new calendar is out. The news is: there is no news really.
Except that Oulton will reuse the Island circuit instead of the full loop.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3445723)   #68
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post

So who are these teams that just bolt their cars together and rely on boost then
Old 20 Aug 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3445732)   #69
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
When you were speaking to the mechanics and Oulton, did they tell you how much money they've had at their disposal since they migrated to NGTC
Not as much as they would like , they dont have enough money to buy more boost

The Dynamics money from Honda is decent but they still need to top it up with other sponsors .

NGTC is seriously expensive (ask Tony Gilham how much he spent last year and what he has to show for it now) ! for the heavyweight tractor like technology, its a show , if you want competition that is simple big budget , techno led then WEC is it. Everything else is show stuff made to fit tv , it has to be to survive and BTCC is no different .

But as this is a silly season thread , think of this, the grid is full of old cars , Toyotas , Audi A4s and MGs, to make way for new makes some will have to disappear and for those to go then some teams have to go too, if not then the BTCC will be same year in year out just like the calender for 2015 !
Old 20 Aug 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3445740)   #70
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
Not as much as they would like , they dont have enough money to buy more boost
Maybe you could let them into a little secret - Speed through the twisty bits is expensive. Speed down the straights is cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
The Dynamics money from Honda is decent but they still need to top it up with other sponsors .
In 2014 BTCC terms, it's more than decent. They're spending quite a bit more than anyone else out there right now... but if you have it to burn, then why not ?
Old 21 Aug 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3446067)   #71
PandaKing
Rookie

PandaKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since I'm a whore for random speculation/bullsh*tery, what do you guys think about UA plans for next season? Title sponsors/Toyota Backing/Car change? I have to say they probably are the nicest looking cars on the grid.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3446079)   #72
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Car/engine change and James Cole will go. Maybe Carl Breeze or Matt Bell could step in? Or some jammy privateer
Old 21 Aug 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3446085)   #73
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure I heard somewhere last week that Ciceley Racing were in the process of building another Merc. It'll be interesting to see who ends up in that, with more winter development it'll be a good car to have. Also where will a TBL will come from?
Old 21 Aug 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3446088)   #74
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
I'm sure I heard somewhere last week that Ciceley Racing were in the process of building another Merc. It'll be interesting to see who ends up in that, with more winter development it'll be a good car to have. Also where will a TBL will come from?
That got mentioned on Tintop Tuesday last week when Morgan was interviewed. I had the same thought about the TBL, but would anyone be really surprised if at least one of this year's entrants didn't make next season?
Old 21 Aug 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3446089)   #75
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
That got mentioned on Tintop Tuesday last week when Morgan was interviewed. I had the same thought about the TBL, but would anyone be really surprised if at least one of this year's entrants didn't make next season?
Belcher and Stockton spring to mind. Regarding United Autosports, I'm pretty sure when they first announced they were joining the BTCC they said they would use Toyotas this year and look at building something for next year.

A possible candidate for the Merc next year, Nic Hamilton. See what I did there..........
Closed Thread