Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Nov 2020, 19:52 (Ref:4018930)   #3026
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
In my nearest town (Tunbridge Wells) there is a pub on the border where one of the bars is in Kent and the other in Sussex in different tier systems
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Nov 2020, 20:57 (Ref:4018937)   #3027
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Talking of Tents and Pete's Movember. Have you seen our HRTR5 son Freddie Owen has been sleeping in his tent since March. Freddie is raising awareness and money for The Trussell Trust-just giving.com .Sure is getting cold at night.
I hope he gets a gong in the New Year Honors . He deserves it.You must be very proud James.
We are! He's been interviewed live on BBC Surrey, got an award for "Awesomeness" from Sara Cox on Radio 2 and been in local papers and couple of kids' magazines ... all very exciting for a 10 year old!

He's determined to see out the 12 months, he started on March 27th! We have got him some better kit, now it's getting cold again.

Raising money for a nationwide Foodbank charity called the Trussell Trust, over £6k so far, which will feed a few people for a short while ... if anyone were in a position to contribute we'd all be most grateful ... https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/freddie-owen123
Old 26 Nov 2020, 22:18 (Ref:4018942)   #3028
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Big thanks to Gary396 for hitting my Movember target, also thank you to Cliff and others who donated.
Happy to oblige Peter. Well done again!
Old 26 Nov 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4018944)   #3029
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Everything around here is in Tier 3 - although what that means in reality is difficult to assess........

Donington was running a test day today but all track days seem to have been stopped.
Donington’s test day was planned before the announcement today ( and not the first one), although I must admit to thinking it’s a bit odd when supposedly in national lockdown, still.

Delta has spoken to Javelin about next Fridays track day and they were not sure but I have heard this evening that the Dukeries rally is supposed to be going ahead next weekend at Donington but without spectators.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 22:48 (Ref:4018947)   #3030
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being in Kent I'm in tier 3 despite the local figure being very low, but there have to be rules and they're complicated enough without breaking the country down into small units. People finding ways to justify bending the rules leave me speechless, the point is to survive, not find workarounds. I've just fallen out with friends who have jetted back from a fortnight in Dubai - "We needed a break because we've had a tough year" FFS! Under the rules (which apparently changed while they were away) they don't even have to isolate, pretty sure they wouldn't have anyway. They also live in Kent.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 00:16 (Ref:4018959)   #3031
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
One of the villages near to us (Groombridge blink and you will miss it) has two pubs less than a quarter of a mile of each other, one is in Kent and the other in Sussex, a crazy situation !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2020, 06:28 (Ref:4018998)   #3032
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
In my nearest town (Tunbridge Wells) there is a pub on the border where one of the bars is in Kent and the other in Sussex in different tier systems
One of the villages near to us (Groombridge blink and you will miss it) has two pubs less than a quarter of a mile of each other, one is in Kent and the other in Sussex, a crazy situation !!
I think this IS a crazy situation. If you need to talk Gordon…
Old 27 Nov 2020, 07:48 (Ref:4019005)   #3033
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Everything around here is in Tier 3 - although what that means in reality is difficult to assess. I think people might realise they need to get creative in some way if they wish to have a business. Others may assume it is pointless and give up if their financial position is untenable.

So, assuming one can come up with an excuse to leave the house will is matter if one moves between Tier3 areas or are we supposed to stick to out own Tier3 areas only?

Answers on the back of a used £50 note please.

Donington was running a test day today but all track days seem to have been stopped.
Being also (it seems permanently) in a tier 3 area my understanding of the rules is that we we should limit our movements outside of our own houses completely as we are supposedly in a highly risky area. So moving to & within other (highly risky) tier 3 areas should be a big no-no. (But then, what do I know?)
Old 27 Nov 2020, 07:53 (Ref:4019007)   #3034
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Donington’s test day was planned before the announcement today ( and not the first one), although I must admit to thinking it’s a bit odd when supposedly in national lockdown, still.

Delta has spoken to Javelin about next Fridays track day and they were not sure but I have heard this evening that the Dukeries rally is supposed to be going ahead next weekend at Donington but without spectators.
It's funny seeing The Dukeries Rally mentioned. I recently digitised my old 35mm slide pictures from the last time I attended that event, in 1983!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 11:15 (Ref:4019038)   #3035
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Being also (it seems permanently) in a tier 3 area my understanding of the rules is that we we should limit our movements outside of our own houses completely as we are supposedly in a highly risky area. So moving to & within other (highly risky) tier 3 areas should be a big no-no. (But then, what do I know?)
I think that's what it's supposed to be. Given that Devizes was heaving today and that's when we're still fully locked down, I don't see much chance of it happening.

(Yes I know I must have been part of the problem to see it was busy. I was buying a ladder for the work Escape Committee and Mrs MM was shopping for essentials, so it was all legal. )

In fact Wiltshire's Lockdown 2 has been so successful that our infections per 100k have gone up from 80 to 130 during November. However with only 400k inhabitants that makes 520 ill people or 0.13% of the population so we're quite lucky. I think it does show that statistics can be meaningless unless given in context. Our rate of increase is quite high, but with such low numbers one chap infecting his wife and kids while all isolated at home and not spreading it outside the household can distort the percentage badly even though it doesn't particularly impact the public at large.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Nov 2020, 11:31 (Ref:4019042)   #3036
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Be prepared for a scam from emails purporting to be from DPD, I am expecting all sorts of things to be delivered at the moment like a lot of the population and an email came in this morning saying that they couldn't deliver because we weren't in and reschedule with this link and use this 14 number tracking link.
However being the suspicious person that I am I phoned DPD with the false tracking number and was told that they are inundated with similar phone calls regarding the same thing. Just what we need at the moment
Old 27 Nov 2020, 11:33 (Ref:4019044)   #3037
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We’ll see what happens. It’ll be hard for those in Tier 3. At least though we are starting to get out of lockdown. Just will be hard for those who have to go to different parts of the country for their job and the like. And some things have to go on.

Hopefully the second lockdown will have been worth it now. But it’s hard to see what more could have been done. At least we are seeing some areas getting less infections which can only be good. And with the vaccine coming we have more reason to hope. So here’s to great times ahead all things being well
Old 27 Nov 2020, 14:01 (Ref:4019082)   #3038
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Be prepared for a scam from emails purporting to be from DPD, I am expecting all sorts of things to be delivered at the moment like a lot of the population and an email came in this morning saying that they couldn't deliver because we weren't in and reschedule with this link and use this 14 number tracking link.

However being the suspicious person that I am I phoned DPD with the false tracking number and was told that they are inundated with similar phone calls regarding the same thing. Just what we need at the moment
Download the DPD app, it's really good and keeps you updated. DPD also give a 1 hour delivery slot and they rarely fail.

Old 27 Nov 2020, 15:38 (Ref:4019097)   #3039
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory

Funny old world, the Plum Pudding has been cancelled, but a new date @ the circuit is a No Limits Bike Trackday on the day after - Sunday 27th.
No rest for the wicked, they usually give us a good work out, falling off all round the circuit.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 16:21 (Ref:4019114)   #3040
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any news on Dec 4 th .
Old 27 Nov 2020, 16:24 (Ref:4019116)   #3041
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's the day after Wednesday next week.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4019118)   #3042
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's the day after Wednesday next week.
Now you've confused him - it's the day after Thursday. Either that or it is the day before Saturday!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 16:32 (Ref:4019119)   #3043
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Now you've confused him - it's the day after Thursday. Either that or it is the day before Saturday!
Double bonus! I've confused me!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:13 (Ref:4019125)   #3044
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Grow up you two .🤪
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4019127)   #3045
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:23 (Ref:4019128)   #3046
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
A man rode into town on Thursday. Stayed 3 nights, and rode out on Thursday....
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:41 (Ref:4019132)   #3047
midgetman
Veteran

Silly name for a horse anyway

Old 27 Nov 2020, 18:07 (Ref:4019139)   #3048
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Silly name for a horse anyway

Who said it was a horse? It might have been a little German scooter with big wheels - oh no, sorry, wrong thread!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4019140)   #3049
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It was dark and raining and the Knight had been drinking heavily when the landlord told him to leave. The Knight said "but I have no horse". The landlord replied, "You can use my Alsatian". The Knight's response? "Surely you wouldn't send a Knight out on a dog like this?".
Old 27 Nov 2020, 18:14 (Ref:4019143)   #3050
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
It was dark and raining and the Knight had been drinking heavily when the landlord told him to leave. The Knight said "but I have no horse". The landlord replied, "You can use my Alsatian". The Knight's response? "Surely you wouldn't send a Knight out on a dog like this?".
The consequences of confinement are starting to show!
Closed Thread